[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes
[TERA PC] Server maintenance is scheduled for 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT on Tuesday, July 7. For details, please visit this thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Crystal breaking achievement

So with elite being always on CCB am i going to have to cancel my elite for the secret break 30 crystal via death achievement?? I like having laurels on my alts and its a free 30 pts with my priest friends. Also always on ccb I don't really like... But just my thoughts.

Comments

• this is why we can't have nice things
    people will always find some dumb [filtered] to whine about
  • edited November 2017
    > @feminzii said:
    > this is why we can't have nice things
    > people will always find some dumb [filtered] to whine about

I just think instead of trying to get more people to buy elite by stuffing it full of things we don't need, they'd get better results outting that manpower into their server research they said they're doing. Is it that much of a bad thing that I want the game to be good and active for years to come? Throwing more things into elite is okey but its not what the players like me want.

Also even if there's a chat filter language like that isn't called for on a simple passive post.
  • It's one achievement, find another one.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    EnerG wrote: »
    > @feminzii said:

I just think instead of trying to get more people to buy elite by stuffing it full of things we don't need, they'd get better results outting that manpower into their server research they said they're doing. Is it that much of a bad thing that I want the game to be good and active for years to come? Throwing more things into elite is okey but its not what the players like me want.

Also even if there's a chat filter language like that isn't called for on a simple passive post.

don't even try that lmao...

you didn't offer any suggestion as to what you actually want to be in there instead of the CCB, you just said you didn't want the CCB.

you weren't trying to "get the game to be good and active" you were just complaining about the CCB because it meant you couldn't get 30 achievement points on your alts. This has nothing to do with improving the state of the game or anything like that. It's just you selfishly whining about one thing that plenty of people asked for previously.

My post did not insult you or anything. It just said that this was a stupid thing to whine about and it is.
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    feminzii wrote: »
    > @feminzii said:

you didn't offer any suggestion as to what you actually want to be in there instead of the CCB, you just said you didn't want the CCB.

you weren't trying to "get the game to be good and active" you were just complaining about the CCB because it meant you couldn't get 30 achievement points on your alts. This has nothing to do with improving the state of the game or anything like that. It's just you selfishly whining about one thing that plenty of people asked for previously

you wont get a champion laurel on the progression part of the achievements without doing the crystal break.
    Also you shouldn't just hop onto a thread to whine about people whining, you look like a hypocrite.

Hes voicing hes option, "Throwing more things into elite is okey but its not what the players like me want."
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I really like the permanent CCB with Elite, but this achievement is literally impossible to obtain with the permanent CCB.

The easiest solution would be moving the achievement in question to the "Special" category, so that it doesn't count against people for laurels.

EDIT: As counterpoint mentioned below, they really might as well just remove the achievement (similar to how they removed the achievement for dying 50 times that gave the "Angel of Death" title).
  • edited November 2017
    Honestly... although I don't generally like removing things, it would make most sense for them to just remove this achievement entirely. (Or at least retiring it.)
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mieax wrote: »
    > @feminzii said:

you weren't trying to "get the game to be good and active" you were just complaining about the CCB because it meant you couldn't get 30 achievement points on your alts. This has nothing to do with improving the state of the game or anything like that. It's just you selfishly whining about one thing that plenty of people asked for previously

you wont get a champion laurel on the progression part of the achievements without doing the the crystal break.
    Also you shouldn't just hop onto a thread to whine about people whining, you look like a hypocrite.

Hes voicing hes option, "Throwing more things into elite is okey but its not what the players like me want."

what's your point? one person can voice their opinion and another can't?
    my response contained no whining, just calling out [filtered] where I see it

the thread could have easily been about moving the achievement and it wouldn't have sounded half as dumb, but that isn't something OP wants because then he wouldn't be able to get his damned laurels on his alts.
  • Mieax wrote: »
    > @feminzii said:

you wont get a champion laurel on the progression part of the achievements without doing the crystal break.

She wasn't whining nor was her response "hypocritical". Some players need to be told that what they're saying is borderline dumb. People have been asking to make Elite worth the money, and thus more things are added. Had the OP suggest that crystal bind be an option like battle potion, to be activate at her own convenience...that might've took a different turn.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Mieax wrote: »
    > @feminzii said:

She wasn't whining nor was her response "hypocritical". Some players need to be told that what they're saying is borderline dumb. People have been asking to make Elite worth the money, and thus more things are added. Had the OP suggest that crystal bind be an option like battle potion, to be activate at her own convenience...that might've took a different turn.

But the point of the change was that you don't have to activate it at all. So you can just forget about it.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    So with elite being always on CCB am i going to have to cancel my elite for the secret break 30 crystal via death achievement?? I like having laurels on my alts and its a free 30 pts with my priest friends. Also always on ccb I don't really like... But just my thoughts.

Just wait for Elite to run out then do it. It only takes about 20 minutes to do the achievement per character.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just make the Perm CCB effect a toggle...so you can remove it for things like this or taking Screenshots without the annoying bubble effect over you /shrug
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Why not just make the Perm CCB effect a toggle...so you can remove it for things like this or taking Screenshots without the annoying bubble effect over you /shrug

Yer agree , have it so you can activate it and leave it on all the time , or at least till you choose you want to deactivate it to do something like this achievement then be able to reactivate it
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    just like Death achievement, this one needs to go too, cause it is stupid.

I hate achievements for failing, they are not achievements if you fail lol
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    just like Death achievement, this one needs to go too, cause it is stupid.

I hate achievements for failing, they are not achievements if you fail lol

Problem is, a lot of achievements need you to fail a lot. LK *cough*