Come tune into our weekly News Stream! Find all of TERA console and PC news here:
We're having two maintenance's this week! Tuesday, December 11 from 8 - 11 am PST (three hours) and Thursday, December 13 from 10 - 11 am PST (one hour).

Vanguard Shop and The Development Roadmap.

I have searched on the road map with the hopes that the vanguard shop will get a much needed update since it is our bread and butter in game but it is not on the list so this means that it will not get any update soon? Are we going to stay at 9k credits forever with crystals that do not even sell at 300g? Besides no other valuable options to use the credits like on other regions which have crafting potions and rare or better nocteniums?

Please reply if you have any information to at least know what to expect from this game.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    You can refer to this Comment made by TERA's Producer ( seandynamite ) to another player.

The player had stated :
    Please don't forget the other stores that are in dire need of an update:
    - Ace Dungeon shop
    - Vanguard Credits shop
    - Friendship Circle Token shop

seandynamite responded with :
    I promise they are not forgotten, just came in well behind these 3. So again, I'm not saying we are ONLY doing these 3 shops, that we are merely STARTING with these 3; once they are done we'll move onto a new set of 3, which will be determined well in advance.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    spend your credits on entropic amblem boxes perhaps?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @CobaltDragon that link leads to a 'You don't have permission to do that' page. Might want to fix it.
  • edited November 2017
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon that link leads to a 'You don't have permission to do that' page. Might want to fix it.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't notice that the Thread had been moved.
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    you guys made pretty quick changes to elite like the ccb and mount change, why does everything else take SO long to change/update. (notice how that's not phrased as a question,but rather a fact ).
    the things you're able to change, should be changed.
  • edited November 2017
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    you guys made pretty quick changes to elite like the ccb and mount change, why does everything else take SO long to change/update. (notice how that's not phrased as a question,but rather a fact ).

Just for the sake of transparency, things often happen behind the scenes that are planned for weeks before any announcement is made.

There will of course be times where it more appropriate to make an announcement really early on, in order to get player feedback first.

The example you mentioned, was something that had already had a lot of planning that had gone into it from multiple departments, while the request to change items in the shops was something that we've been wanting to do for quite some time, but takes a lot more planning, as well as needing additional input from our player-base, regarding the priority of which shops need updating.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think it'd be cool to see fashions added to the Vanguard again like they did for a limited time. I think it'd be cool if they added the old Horses from lumbertown in there as well. I collect mounts and wish I could have the valkian grey again it'd be awesome to someone like me.
  • Vanguards actually = unseless
  • HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »

I'll add my 2 EMP as well: changes to Elite like updating the mount are actually done via a tool that updates it immediately. Things like adding, revamping, updating a store takes a lot of things into consideration. Things like the economy of the currency, the items that are in there, the items that are being added, the pricing of said items and the impact it will have on where players obtain it currently, how it will affect broker prices, how it may affect the intended game design to drop those items, whether the items are usable by max level players, whether the items are usable by lvl <65 players, how it impacts the OTHER shops in game, whether it can be exploited, and so much more.

So the "why does everything else take SO long to change/update." fact will be treated as a question that I just gave you an answer to. The short of it: there are about a million moving pieces that we must be aware of, along with the thousand other things we are responsible for. So updating in game shops hadn't been done in a while, and I knew it needed to be done. I committed to carving out enough time per month to tackle one shop at a time. I apologize that I don't have more time to devote to it, but I feel like devoting ANY time to it is more than you've been promised before, so I'm already winning.
  • You can refer to this Comment made by TERA's Producer ( seandynamite ) to another player.

The player had stated :
    Please don't forget the other stores that are in dire need of an update:
    - Ace Dungeon shop
    - Vanguard Credits shop
    - Friendship Circle Token shop

seandynamite responded with :
    I promise they are not forgotten, just came in well behind these 3. So again, I'm not saying we are ONLY doing these 3 shops, that we are merely STARTING with these 3; once they are done we'll move onto a new set of 3, which will be determined well in advance.

I do not want to complain since i saw SeanDynamite on stream and kinda enjoyed both his personality or his work so far and i have the feeling that great things will happen in the future but if i follow what was said above then this means that it will take at least 3 months or more for the Vanguard Shop to be updated. And if it is so complicated with this shop since it can have so many effects then why not add non tradeable items that might be used by players but still could not affect the economy and neither other areas so much? Hell, to make it even more attracting.. items could be added and removed with some sort of rotation to add some diversity.

What i really want is to be rewarded for the invested effort or feel satisfaction and not frustration when trying to make progress.

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to read and reply so much even though you are probably afraid of us ( we are those seven headed monsters that always glare and bite xD ) while also having more important things to do than writing forum replies which added up actually take time.

It is much appreciated.
  • I just hope we get changes in fashion coupon and vanguard shop at all :blush:
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    spend your credits on entropic amblem boxes perhaps?

This box..

I am not sure if this is sarcasm but this said box is probably the weirdest thing that was ever added to the vanguard shop since it costs 200vanguard points and it barely sells for 100g at the broker unless opened which gives even less gold via entropic emblems ( of course, we could talk about enchanting materials but we already have enough of those from IOD boxes/dungeons/methamorpic emblems and its not the enchanting materials that we struggle with.. ). And this on top of the crystals that cost 400vanguard points and barely sell for 350-400g which is "ironically" the best money maker so far in the shop.

Anyway, i am not sure why Tera was is a struggle on NA with players leaving more and more being tired of the same old promises even asking themselves why do they even have to beg for improvements when other regions update their shops and try to improve the game to attract more players and possibly more spenders since spenders are happy to spend when PvPvE has competition ( of course, you could say that EME is trying to keep a low population with some "whales" to have low server costs and make some profit but is it really working? Because if it was not for this patch then the numbers would look different and what if the returning players would leave again? ).
    I just hope we get changes in fashion coupon and vanguard shop at all :blush:

Well, if we get the vanguard shop updated in at least 3 months or more then the question arises: how many of us will still play Tera in 3-4 months from now on to actually help us? And even if we would play by that time then do we really need to struggle so much time waiting for a change? Or should we simply quit and comeback when everything is being fixed and playable?

p.s. wish i was happy with Tera NA and post constructive or interesting things but this is how sadly it affects me

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CobaltDragon is DA MAN, I mean DA DRAGON :) Always happy to see him around, Stay with us forever :3
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    which shops need updating.
    all of them
  • *snip*

So the "why does everything else take SO long to change/update." fact will be treated as a question that I just gave you an answer to. The short of it: there are about a million moving pieces that we must be aware of, along with the thousand other things we are responsible for. So updating in game shops hadn't been done in a while, and I knew it needed to be done. I committed to carving out enough time per month to tackle one shop at a time. I apologize that I don't have more time to devote to it, but I feel like devoting ANY time to it is more than you've been promised before, so I'm already winning.

None of this really applies to the fashion coupon shop, does it? There's no economy or progression impact to worry about there. I know there is an update coming soonish, but I'm curious as to why existing assets and existing fashion coupon items (eg Nightforge weps) cannot be added quickly. It seems like a low/no-effort thing.
This discussion has been closed.