Can't upgrade gear or accessories

As of this morning I cannot upgrade gear or accessories that are eligible to be upgraded. The upgrade UI never shows up although the item disappears out of my inventory. Only way to get the item back into my inventory is to bring up the enchanting UI (which does come up without issue). Experiencing on both FF and MT. Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Not exactly same problem-- but since Arsenal patch, I personally still can't dismantle Badges of Loyalty
  • Those I have been able to dismantle without fail. I have a ticket into EME regarding my upgrade issue... not sure if they'll even look into it.
  • Pantyjack wrote: »
    Not exactly same problem-- but since Arsenal patch, I personally still can't dismantle Badges of Loyalty

dismantle 10 or less at a time
  • explain your what your doing to to upgrade cause there 2 UI one for upgrading and one for enchanting.
  • Steps to reproduce:

1. Unequip accessory (Profile > right mouse click on desired accessory)
    2. Attempt to bring up upgrade UI (Inventory > right mouse click on accessory)

Normally, the upgrade UI would appear on screen with the desired accessory selected with the cost to upgrade and chance of success. However, until this morning, this is no longer the case for me.

Instead, there is no audible sound when the accessory is selected for upgrade from inventory and the upgrade UI does not appear. The item disappears from inventory and is not visible in the character profile. Attempting to activate a mount yields "You can't do that right now." system message.

To make the selected accessory appear back in my inventory, I must either activate the enchantment UI (Inventory > Enchanting) or simply select the upgrade action again (Inventory > Upgrade). However, in order to "cancel" the upgrade selection and equip the item again only activating the Enchanting UI allows the target item to be equipped again.

Thus, the net effect is that I am no longer able to upgrade any item or accessory and continue gear progression.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Steps to reproduce:

1. Unequip accessory (Profile > right mouse click on desired accessory)
    2. Attempt to bring up upgrade UI (Inventory > right mouse click on accessory)

You know you need to remove your crystals right? Do that and it works....from this list of steps, you make it seem you haven't removed the crystals....Remove them and it works
  • If you open inventory and right click the accessory,wouldn’t you put it back on?
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    You know you need to remove your crystals right? Do that and it works....from this list of steps, you make it seem you haven't removed the crystals....Remove them and it works

Yes, the crystals on the accessories are removed prior. Sorry for not including that in the steps to reproduce.
  • admonitu wrote: »
    If you open inventory and right click the accessory,wouldn’t you put it back on?

Sorry, good point, typo on my part: #2: Attempt to bring up upgrade UI (Inventory > Upgrade > right mouse click on accessory)
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    admonitu wrote: »
    If you open inventory and right click the accessory,wouldn’t you put it back on?

Sorry, good point, typo on my part: #2: Attempt to bring up upgrade UI (Inventory > Upgrade > right mouse click on accessory)

Have you tried resetting UI positions? Sometimes menus get pushed out of the screen and you can't get them back any other way.
  • LethalweaponLethalweapon ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I had these issues, only resolved when I put the item in the bank and got back to inventory
  • RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    are you using upgrade UI?
    enchant keybind = T
    upgrade keybind = Shift + T
  • EME support also suggested resetting UI positions. Unfortunately this does not resolve the issue.

Also tried Lethalweapon's suggestion of putting the item in question in the bank and back to inventory which also does not resolve the issue.

Yes, I am using the upgrade UI, but thank you for the key bind (which I did not know and was previously just using the mouse to access it). Using the upgrade keybind still has the same effect (e.g. the upgrade window never appears).
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    EME support also suggested resetting UI positions. Unfortunately this does not resolve the issue.

Also tried Lethalweapon's suggestion of putting the item in question in the bank and back to inventory which also does not resolve the issue.

Yes, I am using the upgrade UI, but thank you for the key bind (which I did not know and was previously just using the mouse to access it). Using the upgrade keybind still has the same effect (e.g. the upgrade window never appears).

My friend had this same issue. Repairing client via launcher fixed it for her.
  • Meningitis wrote: »
    My friend had this same issue. Repairing client via launcher fixed it for her.

Thank you! =) This resolved the issue entirely.