[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

RK9 Hard Mode Delayed til end of November

13»

Comments

• natianatia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Notepad806 wrote: »
    natia wrote: »

Ah yes, my mistake. I was thinking about the fwc non-eq ilvl. My point still stands however, I believe 446 is still full stormcry iirc. Frostmetal is definitely a pain to enchant if you want to play on alts. For the 2 "new" dunegons, especially for RMHM, is having full stormcry really necessary?

Anyone can still run the dungeon and pick up drops if you clear even if you're not 446 but you just don't get the vanguard daily.

Yes, it feels great to not get the full rewards for the content you can do and clear. Feels good to not get the gold, exp points, vanguard credits, who needs those anyways.

• lily89lily89 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have full daylight accessories + frostmetal belt + frostmetal shoe and glove both +8 + stromcry weapon +2 and stromcry armor +0 give me 446 item lv so well I doubt you need full storm for that . I think 3 stormcry part at +0 and 1 frostmetal part should be enough to get 446 though if you have full daylight accessories .
  • natianatia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Cool cool. Let me just go and get my alts in 3 pieces of stormcry and a +8 frostmetal to do rkhm and rmhm. I mean that's totally doable and not grindy at all. I like having options in different alts to play when I'm bored of doing the same dungeon on the same character for the (insert number) time.

A misery weapon and everything guile last patch, you had the ilvl for VSHM. Loved it, I had the option to play on all my "undergeared" alts if I wanted to. The equivalent to that is maybe +5 frost and +0 frost this patch?

Edit: I mean, I guess I can sorta, kinda understand with RKHM with the whole shield phase and what not. But I do not believe that stormcry is required to clear that dungeon. If you can clear RKHM in a full +0 Frost party or something, I would say that takes more skill and effort than a full gear carried party, vanguards for everyone at that point. However, RMHM? You can't just buff old boss's hp with mechs we already are familiar to and call that the new hard mode that you MUST have stormcry to clear, as suggested by the vanguard ilvl.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall this kind of kerfuffle when FoA first dropped and BRH/SCN/SCH weren't released until a few months later...

There was indeed quite the kerfuffle.
    https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/On-the-Battleground-Teleport-Bug-Fate-of-Aruns-Next-Phase?page=1

[looks at thread; sees lots of negatives for CMs]

Huh. I sit corrected.

Reason why hands down votes were removed, some people live on down voting others and then some haters used negative votes as a "proof" to say that GM sucks.

I think they did good removing that so the people that lived on alts down voting now have to find another hobby.
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    Tera eu Getting the patch next Wekk -_-
  • Notepad806Notepad806 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    dragonmu12 wrote: »

Yup, a full two weeks before we get it. They're also having a leveling event where you get free gunner frostmetal gear. I'm sure we'll have that too though.
  • If one week wasn't enough now we're two weeks behind TERA EU. Awesome!
  • MeowmewMeowmew ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Notepad806 wrote: »
    dragonmu12 wrote: »

Yup, a full two weeks before we get it. They're also having a leveling event where you get free gunner frostmetal gear. I'm sure we'll have that too though.

I hope not, jesus. There are already going to be 10000000 awful new gunners running around, let's NOT mindlessly hand them gear. Please.

I doubt we will tho, GF has a history of giving gear out for events (like full Ambush when it was BiS) and it's thankfully never happened here.
  • natia wrote: »
    Cool cool. Let me just go and get my alts in 3 pieces of stormcry and a +8 frostmetal to do rkhm and rmhm. I mean that's totally doable and not grindy at all. I like having options in different alts to play when I'm bored of doing the same dungeon on the same character for the (insert number) time.

A misery weapon and everything guile last patch, you had the ilvl for VSHM. Loved it, I had the option to play on all my "undergeared" alts if I wanted to. The equivalent to that is maybe +5 frost and +0 frost this patch?

Edit: I mean, I guess I can sorta, kinda understand with RKHM with the whole shield phase and what not. But I do not believe that stormcry is required to clear that dungeon. If you can clear RKHM in a full +0 Frost party or something, I would say that takes more skill and effort than a full gear carried party, vanguards for everyone at that point. However, RMHM? You can't just buff old boss's hp with mechs we already are familiar to and call that the new hard mode that you MUST have stormcry to clear, as suggested by the vanguard ilvl.

This. I could do RMN on all my alts when we were in that patch, and RMH on most my alts. I love playing alts. But the ilvl requirements this patch are so much higher, it's so frustrating. I can only do RKN on 5 characters, which seems like "a lot", but I have every class at 65 and miss playing them. Especially since RK9 is genuinely fun so I'd love to run it. Right now I'm focusing on trying to get ilvl for HM on my main three (I'm at 447, 445, and 443 currently) and it's so expensive and annoying, especially as a heal main. Totally agree with you.
  • Meowmew wrote: »

This. I could do RMN on all my alts when we were in that patch, and RMH on most my alts. I love playing alts. But the ilvl requirements this patch are so much higher, it's so frustrating. I can only do RKN on 5 characters, which seems like "a lot", but I have every class at 65 and miss playing them. Especially since RK9 is genuinely fun so I'd love to run it. Right now I'm focusing on trying to get ilvl for HM on my main three (I'm at 447, 445, and 443 currently) and it's so expensive and annoying, especially as a heal main. Totally agree with you.

Well thankfully since we have another ~3 weeks before RKH comes out, you might be able to get all 5 of those chars to ilvl 446 xD.... /s

RMN/RMH isn't coming until like Jan/Feb for NA so by then you might have 10 chars at 446. KTera got it on Oct 26.
  • Notepad806 wrote: »
    Meowmew wrote: »

Well thankfully since we have another ~3 weeks before RKH comes out, you might be able to get all 5 of those chars to ilvl 446 xD.... /s

RMN/RMH isn't coming until like Jan/Feb for NA so by then you might have 10 chars at 446. KTera got it on Oct 26.

Lel yeah I'm not worried about getting my main three to ilvl, but like... I don't want to seriously commit to alts. this patch you REALLY have to, since it's so expensive and time consuming. Back in RMN it was like.... casual alts on day one of the patch could run it, whereas this patch that's really not the case. If it's a casual alt I don't want to have to get anywhere near Stormcry, lel. But eh. I realize complaining won't change anything so bleh. Ohhh welll.
    Eme just delay rk9 a year and I can run it on second account's alts too, no? :^)