[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

BHS New Game Project W

edited November 2017 in Off-Topic
Here it is, the trailer from Media Day GStar 2017

BHS is the company that made TERA and has been working on Project W for awhile now. For the stickler that thinks this isn't TERA related when its related to TERA by association of it being made by the same development company. hurrr hurrr.

Comments

• Oh wow, very nice. I hope it's like that at release. Also please make it open world.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    "General Discussion
    General TERA-related discussion, not specific to PvE or PvP."

:thinking:

Pretty sure this belongs in off-topic.
  • No Elins? pass.......
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Legolam wrote: »
    No Elins? pass.......

They showed a small snippet with the actual GStar trailer itself and it showed Elins. It could just be for the TERA M game or it could be a mix of both. Not sure.

• edited November 2017
    Honestly, there are so many ideas in this trailer that seem tenuously (at best) connected to the central theme that I can't really figure out entirely what they're going for. I guess it's an MMO like TERA but it has aerial combat + housing + gardening + a bunch of weird mini-games? So many of the things in there were like "oh, that reminds me of TERA" but they put some twist on it, so you can definitely tell it's by the same company, at least.

Also... seriously, why would they include footage with framerate slowdown in their trailer...? I realize it's supposed to be a gameplay trailer, so it's all rendered "in-game", but... at least make sure the trailer shots are optimized... (It wasn't even like "cool slow motion for effect" or anything - it's just like "oh, the game can't handle this and dropped to 20 fps"...)

Anyway, it seems tentatively interesting, but I'd need a lot more information to make sense of it all. Right now it just feels like TERA in a blender with more steampunk and BDO influence.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Holy heck, BHS seriously is the new Blizzard, hopefully they make Tera great again.

PS: That's sick, it have everything you want from a game, no shet they weren't touching Tera, they were busy with Tera M and Air lol
    Vunak wrote: »
    Legolam wrote: »
    No Elins? pass.......

They showed a small snippet with the actual GStar trailer itself and it showed Elins. It could just be for the TERA M game or it could be a mix of both. Not sure.

Those Elins are for Tera M.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, there are so many ideas in this trailer that seem tenuously (at best) connected to the central theme that I can't really figure out entirely what they're going for. I guess it's an MMO like TERA but it has aerial combat + housing + gardening + a bunch of weird mini-games? So many of the things in there were like "oh, that reminds me of TERA" but they put some twist on it, so you can definitely tell it's by the same company, at least.

Also... seriously, why would they include footage with framerate slowdown in their trailer...? I realize it's supposed to be a gameplay trailer, so it's all rendered "in-game", but... at least make sure the trailer shots are optimized... (It wasn't even like "cool slow motion for effect" or anything - it's just like "oh, the game can't handle this and dropped to 20 fps"...)

Anyway, it seems tentatively interesting, but I'd need a lot more information to make sense of it all. Right now it just feels like TERA in a blender with more steampunk and BDO influence.

That was pretty much my thoughts when I first watched the trailer. There is a lot going on without much direction to drive the trailer to show off what the game is about.

Yeah I don't know why they wouldn't prepare a trailer that wasn't laggy. You would think a company that is pretty notorious for not so stellar optimization with TERA and even PUBG, that they would make sure their newest game isn't immediately thrown into the same category with the very first trailer lol. First impressions and all that.
  • edited November 2017
    Vunak wrote: »

That was pretty much my thoughts when I first watched the trailer. There is a lot going on without much direction to drive the trailer to show off what the game is about.

Yeah, it kind of feels like they're stepping through some sort of feature checklist or something -- as if they believe the audience expects to see certain things in the game to be considered a "complete product" but the rest they can just take for granted. Perhaps that's more reflective of the MMO scene in Korea right now and it's really targeted at the hardcore MMO crowd.

I guess if it were me, rather than calling it a "trailer", I might have called it "gameplay first look" or something, and then it might make a bit more sense as is. But oh well -- I'm sure there'll be more to come eventually.
    edited November 2017
    The introduction of the game and Tera M happens in a Solo conference, it is just as @counterpoint said a first look.

PS: since G-Star happens later on this month, 16-19th November, I was seeing some bloggers that attempted G-Star before and was looking around were also saying we might even see Tera 2018 preview in there as Nexon is the main Sponsor there.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could they try to rip-off ArcheAge any harder?
  • SrosaSrosa ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »

if they do... i want firran races pls and Warborn pls and harani pls
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »

I don't think that's a fair comparison. Everything I saw was pretty much its own thing with inspiration from a few games. The only thing I saw that screamed ArcheAge was the gliders. Which isn't something ArcheAge invented.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    If anything, I almost immediately thought of EVE or some equilant when i looked at the web page or something close to it, considering how there's almost an emphasis on the airships