Slayer PvE Min/Max

edited November 12 in PvE Discussion
Hello All o/
Slayer is one of if not the worst class in the game right now, but for us who stick by it and didn't reroll Valk I'm looking for min/max suggestions.

I've played Slayer my entire time on Tera and am returning this patch, I now have full stormcry and I am looking to Max my gear for PvE slayer.
Things I already know Endurance etchings chest and boots, I know there is no one set of jewelry for priest/mystic brawler/lancer runs but I'm looking for a middle road, I know about Gods/Heavensbane jewelry but I don't have access to that.

Thing I am curious about are Crit Rate on slayer, is it capped right now or where would power be better? 3 and 6 rolls are obvious but do we go full Crit jewelry or mix in power jewelry?

On Etchings PvE is it worth using Crit etchings? Or double energetic like most people? One Crit one energetic? If anyone has hard numbers on this Crit vs atk spd etc I'd love to see.

Last thing I'd like to see discussion on is rotation. I've tried conventional and the OP measured slice versions. Anyone have rotation tips as well?

Open discussion for PvE Slayer things, thank you in advance!

Comments

• I run double energetics. For crit, I'm not too sure because even when I had 300+ additional crit, I still saw lots of noncrits. I've heard people running 3 crit/2 power but I still run full crit.
  • slayer pve min/max is deleting your character and rerolling.
  • Lol funny post and so insightful and full of relevant feed back.
    Kaevius wrote: »

Open discussion for PvE Slayer things, thank you in advance!

Been experimenting with some things from the other general dps thread. Tried the Double cooldown reduction weapon build and that improved my dps by 300k going from 700k average to over 1 million in 731 item level zones, Thats with a Twistshard weapon. It appears Crit is still king though. But I also got a boost by dropping The 3% carving crystal for the 8% Pounding which seams to work much better with the cooldown reduction. Need more data though.

I think somewhere over 300 crit is the sweet spot. Going to try running 1 power ring with a Mystic and a Crit rimg with a Priest and visa versa with the Mystic to see if theres any diminishing returns over 340 crit.
  • As a Slayer all your potential damage begins and ends with In Cold Blood being up in this patch. It would seem all classes are using two 7.2% Cool Down Rate weapon lines and two Energetic Etchings. This is definitely the way to go for Slayer now - not just for ICB. This was one of the best recommendations I've received here on the boards. I went all Crit rate jewelry because with ICB on, Ultimate Over Hand Slash does not have the innate 30% crit chance normal OHS has. You need that to crit when it's up.

I haven't changed my BP roll to 15% ICB reduction yet but I really think I should. My BP is +9, I'll prolly make the switch when it goes to Stormcry hopefully this week.

Crystals were mentioned: Definitely go Focused, Bitter, Savage, Pounding. Use those Smart Dyad Structures you may have waiting in your bank to make Dyads once you get your weapon to Stormcry. Every bit of damage you can get helps.
  • Yeah, ive been loving that double cooldown you mentioned. ICB pops up so frequently now. Love watching my Elin twirl around with that giant sword, only faster and more frequently now. Really does bother me that Slayers are stuck with crit while other classes can cap theirs and start on power. Slayers are really held back by that.
  • CarnalCherry145CarnalCherry145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    First of all, min maxing with slayer is playing certain class. Which is castanic female, the best class that is most fluent and not as clunky as other classes/genders. The class / gender for min/max on slayer goes like this :

Castanic female
    Human male
    Whatever the hell else ( Elin or castanic male. Anything else for maxing is obsolete, due the too much of difference and clunkiness of the class )

Running double energetic seems like viable option right now, HOWEVER, there isnt a guide out there yet for slayers min/max simply because we, as slayers, are waiting for the new patch to land with new buffs and then were gonna head out to test which build is the best for the upcoming buffs that we get.

Right now, going full crit is a very good option ( half power half crit with a mystic in a party because youre gonna reach out the cap ). Expect ICB to glitch every single time where you get those 9m ++ hits, and if it doesent, rest assure you will be the bottom dps. Basically, slayer is a rng.

Oh and Overhand roll on chest is a must, and not a icb. You wouldnt benefit from that at all except reduced ICB, which you basically will pop 2 times during the fight, if you have a good setup with a party that knows what they are doing ( Also, not 7.2% cd rate, but rather enrage on top line, and enraged at bottom line ).

Your sweet spot should be around 280 with mixed power/crit and around 330 I think? for full crit build
  • But all your information is wrong. Sounds to me you have not played Slayer in a while. Also Elins are the best slayers.
  • Seems full Crit jewelry, double CD rolls on weapon, both energetic etchings, and CD on icb is my favorite and working for me well.

Thankyou again for all the discussion
  • phantazum wrote: »
    But all your information is wrong. Sounds to me you have not played Slayer in a while. Also Elins are the best slayers.

Top 10 slayers and seems like my information is wrong? Aight
  • Perhaps 2 years ago.
  • Its alright, w/e your name is. After slayer gets their buffs there will be guide made for min max, since going into too much of a depth right now would mean writing paragraphs upon paragraphs, and frankly, its quite tedious to write out all that information. Either way, whatever is written by phantazum is completely wrong, at least, if youre are looking into min maxing, which is the name of this thread.

Or you should just rename it to *Is my build viable and can I run it like this* thread next time :>
  • Between you and Rathgar, you are stuck in last patch and his information yelded 300-700k dps. Sounds like you should take his advice. You have admitted several times you dont even care about the current game which tells me you have not tried any of this out and probably not even played a slayer this patch. If you are, you are probably dragging down your guild and can expect a intervention soon from angry guildmates about your dps.
  • CarnalCherry145CarnalCherry145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    phantazum wrote: »
    Between you and Rathgar, you are stuck in last patch and his information yelded 300-700k dps. Sounds like you should take his advice. You have admitted several times you dont even care about the current game which tells me you have not tried any of this out and probably not even played a slayer this patch. If you are, you are probably dragging down your guild and can expect a intervention soon from angry guildmates about your dps.

Im sorry, where did you miss the part where I mentioned im currently one of the top slayers in the NA ( alongside others ) ? Or are you so dumb funded by your ideas and *opinions* which are completely opposite of what the top slayers run right now? Correct me if I am wrong, but are you even somewhere along top current slayers anywhere? No? Then let the big boys handle this and farm LKNM or whatever. Ill just assume your replies are a pure bait and... well stop being baited now.

OP : A slayer min/max guide will come out as slayers receive their buffs from KTera, respectively, as I mentioned up there. For now, whichever you prefer and like, just run it ;)
  • I don't think anyone should aim to min/max right now, it's not worth it. Just wait for the slayer buff to come out then you can start thinking about that.
    IMO, the slayer buff will take care of CD issues and should render double cdr roll useless since it focuses on reducing CDs of WW and MS and since you really want the cd reduction on MS, you'll want to crit as often as possible, so full crit is probably the way to go.
  • phantazumphantazum ✭✭
    edited November 15
    did you miss the part where I mentioned im currently one of the top slayers in the NA

Ohh sorry your majesty I guess you missed the part where I didn't care. In real world numbers, your build lowers my dps by 500k average. Perhaps the bosses just lower their defenses in the wake of your greatness.