[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

so hows Elin Online... i mean, TERA doing these days?

124»

Comments

• kubitoid wrote: »
    phantazum wrote: »
    Looking at the highwatch Bank and Broker right now. I see 15 Elins 4 humans and a Castanic.
    congratz youve just witnessed 1/2 of your server population. nvm just jokin

that was funny. probably one of the best comebacks that wasn't hurtful to the other person ive seen on here.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every couple of days, someone makes a thread like this.

I say, jump off a bridge. would you do it?

If you wanna play a game, you just do it, if you don't, you just don't. Sick and tired of these troll threads.

as for elin online, people should be thankful for elins since they are the ones bringing in all the money and players.

And how many more players would tera have if there werent no elins. I can name a large amount of people i personally know who wouldve played tera if it wasent for the sexualization of elins

Dont think like a tunnel because it goes both ways.

I do think its funny how people hate the one race that is carrying this entire game financially. If every Elin quit tomorrow, this games servers would be consolidated to 2 and would likely close a year later.

Looking at the highwatch Bank and Broker right now. I see 15 Elins 4 humans and a Castanic.

*But MILLIONS!! of new players would enter, because they're horribly disgusting!!!

I would also blame in big part the downfall of TERA to the lacking PVP content/balancing. On the balancing also accounts the ping dependency issue, which is very significant on NA TERA, given the physical extension it covers.
    I don't bet much on race locking and such, if you see the class popularity, the exclusives aren't all that high up, simply the playerbase as a general is mature enough to just not care instead of throwing tantrums, the vast majority that wasn't happy with the succession of Reaper - Gunner - Brawler - Ninja - Valkyrie just didn't create one. You can see that on the latest infographic on TERA's population, where the race/gender locked classes are usually lower than vanilla ones in playerbase.

I would blame the race and gender locking not on lowering the population, but on failing to make it increase as expected, less people started/came back to the game.
  • phantazumphantazum ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    New content is what keeps people going. If you want a winning formula look to WoW. They never just delete their old content and refresh it. When they remake an old instance to bring it to a new age they fundamentally remake the instance so its more less a new instance. They dont just bring it back at a higher level. They leave the content in there for anyone to play it. Tera deletes old content then just turns it back on and pretends its new content. Which wears out old players.

The second thing they did to keep the game new was overhauls on classes. They made drastic changes and major balance changes. A class with new Blizzard balance changes would play very different every few months. And an overhaul more less made a new class. A paladin from launch was nothing like a Paladin for Lich King other than some token skills and over all concept. They were constantly doing things like that and it kept the game fresh.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content is what keeps people going. If you want a winning formula look to WoW. They never just delete their old content and refresh it. When they remake an old instance to bring it to a new age they fundamentally remake the instance so its more less a new instance. They dont just bring it back at a higher level. They leave the content in there for anyone to play it. Tera deletes old content then just turns it back on and pretends its new content. Which wears out old players. More to come, instance just poped

So basically they're better at recycling the content.
    I frankly can imagine this, it's not like we want the game to change 180 degrees, we're playing something we like, we don't want it to just change entirely, but also not to stall.
    Basically if BHS was better at recycling the content, they could get away with cheap but good patches.
  • phantazumphantazum ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    They dont recycle the content, that was the point. They make new content or they change old content so much its new content and they rarely do that. When they overhauled the old world, they removed almost every quest in the game and replaced them. When they recreated the Deadmines, the tileset and concept were all that was left. But the end game is always new content.

Granted you lost some good old dungeons and some players lost out on getting to run great ones like Ulduar but it kept the freshness. And in between, always making minor or major changes to classes and instances. The game was in a constant state of change.

I would say the best example of Blizzard recycling content was hard mode. It did give players another level of challenges to do and gloat about to everyone else.
  • Yeah,Elin online. Elins...Elins everywhere...
  • elins pay the bills lol