Could we get a schedule for BAM events please?

Please give us, so we know, we are gonna play as much as we can this weekend, but can't stay 72 hours on back to back. Some can with diaper :p but give us an schedule so we know, Thanks for community's donations, and EME's work also. <3

PS: Wish all those sick kids, anywhere around the world, happy days ahead of them.

Comments

• Wouldn't mind a formal announcement with list of the events and details this weekend
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    This. Very much this.
  • I asked the same thing yesterday and yet no response.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this will be another messy event from EME like all others we had in the past months.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to say, Thanks EME, you really gave a good event for community which helped. Event is legit but for further future events exclude mats :p
  • Why exclude mats? I dont know why ppl complain about this stuff.

If its easier to get gear you have more time to enjoy the dungeon/raid content. Which is the shining point of the game.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why exclude mats? I dont know why ppl complain about this stuff.

If its easier to get gear you have more time to enjoy the dungeon/raid content. Which is the shining point of the game.

nope, ppl get their gear, they afk and won't run stuff. 5 years of NA Tera thought us that. Last patch was the finest example how fast a patch can die.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »

nope, ppl get their gear, they afk and won't run stuff. 5 years of NA Tera thought us that. Last patch was the finest example how fast a patch can die.

Again, you make umbrella assumptions about the playerbase. There are indeed people who afk after they get gear. There is also a population of people that actively run after max gear to push their damage or gear other alts.
    There are also people who would not gear without the events due to time constraints or other reasons, good or bad, that will play more now that they have gear. On the flip side, there are people who will remain afk regardless of events.
    I'm not arguing saying there should be a ton of mats, some amounts are fine. There are going to be pros and cons of everything and EME has to find some balance. There are not ONLY cons for giving away mats, just like there are not only pros to this new enchanting system.
    edit: typo
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »

Again, you make umbrella assumptions about the playerbase. There are indeed people who afk after they get gear. There is also a population of people that actively run after max gear to push their damage or gear other alts.
    There are also people who would not gear without the events due to time constraints or other reasons, good or bad, that will play more now that they have gear. On the flip side, there are people who will remain afk regardless of events.
    I'm not arguing saying there should be a ton of mats, some amounts are fine. There are going to be pros and cons of everything and EME has to find some balance. There are not ONLY cons for giving away mats, just like there are not only pros to this new enchanting system.
    edit: typo

It's more of a statistical statement than assumption. It has happened many times before, that giving out materials in loads during events ended up in people rushing gearing process, hoarding endless amounts of said materials, which in turn makes their price plummet and screws economy, and then people let the gearing dungeons and even endgame ones go stale, because they all ran it so quickly right at the start of a patch.
    I still remember Mongos MWA tons that I ended up saving some for like ~3 patches of MWs, since I couldn't do any decent money from them. That was actually the exact reason why when new gearing patch hit, they were sold for 1 token each, but bought at 10 each (it's that conversion, isn't it?)

I agree that giving out some materials during events is not hurtful, the balance of amount of rewards during the event would be the key.
    Give nothing/too few and people complain it was useless, give too much and here we go again on same old same old.
    Specially being a timed event that won't be repeating too much, you can go a bit more wild on rewards, since people won't be able to simply hoard stuff there or farm the event nonstop like they did with Mongos.

-Now comes a bit of my opinion on the deal- There seems to be too much of a mentality that dungeons are just the tools to get gear, and once you got it, done. AFK. I see the dungeons differently, I see them exactly as what I want to do for fun, so I don't ever bother way too much with gearing quickly, or even past mid tier. I've been a mid tier player pretty much ever since I stopped sucking at the game, and still run the normal mode gearing dungeons after my mid tier set is complete and perfect. Different mindsets.
  • No we can't!
    "Take or leave" politics of present crew is forever. No one cares what do you want.
    It's your trouble that you have to sit 24h online to know that you missed event.

Sadly.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Just popping in here to strongly agree with this. Please plan events in advance. And please try to do more evening events for NA players who can't be here at 9 am.

The rest of this has to do with inconvenient event times that seem to occur with alarming frequency. Because for real, I'm about to start charting every time a "surprise event" occurs at a time that simply doesn't work for north american players with jobs or schooling. Today for example, the triple drop event (despite being extended), ended at like 2 in the afternoon pacific time. Why would you choose to end a fun event right as most north american players are coming home from school and (on the east coast) work? So many of us came home only to learn that the event we thought had ended hours ago was a) extended and b) extended so that it ended just before we got home. And then I learned from EU guild members that you even did a BAM spawn event in the early morning hours. Nobody in my guild could take advantage of those except people playing from EU, because NA players were busy at university, at work, etc. I came home an hour after the extended event ended, found out I missed a surprise BAM event, and then that afternoon -- during NA primetime, which is when you should be holding all of your events to begin with since this is a north american server-- there wasn't anything at all. And this is generally the pattern Monday through Friday, which is aggravating for someone like me who has EU friends and has to hear them talk about how much fun they have during the day since you guys enjoy doing surprise events during those hours.

To me, this does not make sense. If our server were a "global" one, then I could understand. But we are the north american server, and so doing things like:
    1. Scheduling events to end so early in the morning that most NA players don't even count the last day as a true last day since it's too early in the morning to participate in it unless one is a jobless NEET.
    2. Scheduling events to start super early on weekdays only, so that by the time NA players get home the top rewards from events have long since depreciated in value.
    3. Holding FUN surprise events in the middle of the weekday morning, often with lucrative enchanting rewards.
    4. Holding those old rally events only in the early mornings, and then only on weekdays to boot, effectively locking most NA players out of the only way to get a lucrative VM box.

It just doesn't make sense; I feels like I'm the one playing on the EU server with how the events constantly line up at inconvenient hours or are just a total surprise for me, but seem to fit just fine for players on the other side of the pond. And yes, you can point to instances here and there where events happened at 7 pm pacific time. I won't pretend like it never happens. However, for every one of those I can show you three that happened in the middle of the morning on a weekday when most of the people this game is supposed to cater to aren't even home to participate. Right off the top of my head I can name every event that occurred today, the halloween costume event that occurred in the middle of a weekday morning, every single rally event that seemed to occur between 6 am and 2 pm on weekdays only, every single event that you guys start/end on a weekday at like 9 am for whatever reason, your maintenances that reset lucrative world bosses, which always complete between like 10-11 in the morning on weekdays and allow players home at that ridiculous hour/day to log right in and farm worldbams every week while the rest of us hunt scraps and can only take advantage of server resets when there's a genuine server problem (this could be mitigated not by moving your maintenance times into primetime hours, but by adjusting the spawn rate on world bams so they're not so rare that people feel like camping them after a reset is the best option), etc. Like, I'd legitimately have an easier time keeping up with events in this game and farming worldbosses if I were playing from Britain, not even exaggerating; I know people playing from Britain and they get so much good [filtered] that I'll never even get a chance to even try and farm.

And this isn't meant to demonize people playing here from EU, or people playing this game in NA who just have nothing going on in life at the moment. I know a bunch of people from EU and a few NEETs so I'm happy that they get to have a lot of fun, but it's just super frustrating when every weekday *every single weekday for months* I've been at work during your unscheduled events, during your rallies, during your event start times when the rewards are most lucrative, during your event end times unable to milk a few precious hours out of it, and then I come home in the evening and it's just dry af with literally nothing going on while people playing from the other side of the planet talk about how much cool [filtered] they got by virtue of playing outside the continent this game is supposed to represent. All I'm asking is that you consider evening things out.

Also please consider utilizing your in-game calendar for more than just the reward of the day. For example, you could use it to let players know when you're gonna do an event several days or even weeks before you actually do it, so that if it is during an inconvenient time, players with flexible schedules can make arrangements to be there for it. Give a time window, and maybe if it's an ongoing event consider ending the event late in the evening so everyone can take advantage of the final day and not just a few people playing from Sweden. If you do these things, you will have so many people backing you up that even the hardest cynics will have a hard time being mad. Also preparing things in advance might allow you to test events to make sure they run smoothly when you actually launch them, instead of unscheduled events with bosses that don't drop loot and etc.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    But the server is a global one go look at the regions they officially serve to and people from these areas donated to help make this event so they can't participate in the event after giving donations ?
    And apart from the world bams being random , what other part wasn't scheduled ?
    As far as I was aware the random time and random place of the spawning of the world bams was meant , other wise they just need to dish out the gear instead of having people look for them
    and to put it another way say your neighbour was one to donate but works nights , so they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the event coz only the players that attend the time you want "NA or not" should be only catered for ?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    tisnotme wrote: »
    But the server is a global one go look at the regions they officially serve to and people from these areas donated to help make this event so they can't participate in the event after giving donations ?

It's not at all unusual for games to market themselves to one demographic but willingly take money from anyone outside that demographic eager to give it to them. Most businesses would be remiss to turn down free money. However, no matter how much money you tossed at this game, it doesn't change the fact that their servers are located in North America, their headquarters are located in North America, the game runs at a much lower ping in North America, every scheduled maintenance has its times posted in a North American timezone instead of GMT, and it's generally understood that this is the NA edition of the game by everyone who plays it except people trying really hard to argue semantics. Like, the most I'd do is call it a general "Americas" server encompassing the north and the south continents, but for players on the other side of the pond there are plenty of other versions that already exist and provide a more playable experience ping-wise. An EU version exists. A Russian version exists. A Japanese version exists. A Korean version exists. Our version exists. We're not a global edition.

I'm well aware of the page you referred to earlier, where EME claims that people from other regions can come play Tera. If EME's tera were indeed a global version in practice, and not just when they want your money, there'd be way more signs of it in practice. I've played truly global games before. They announce that they're global on their front page so people make no mistakes, and then they do really specific things to make playing the game doable from almost any region on earth. Things like having worlds separated by region and marked with flags representing those regions, with servers located in those areas so players in those parts of the world could play the game without having 300+ ping. EME's Tera does not do this; the servers are located in one area in north america. Or there'd be worlds set aside with different language options so that players speaking Russian could all go speak Russian together and so on. EME's Tera does not do this; all menu/npc/non player text dialogue across all servers is in American English. Their webpage would have sections in multiple languages, as well as forums divided into multiple language sections, so that their global audience could utilize it. EME's Tera does not do this either; there is only the one forum. This game offers zero actual global friendly features that a real global game would have and all of their features make it ideal for someone playing in the Americas -- everything but their wackjob unscheduled event times. The only area where EME are consistently inviting to a global audience is in the payment window, because they're a business and they'd be dumb as hell to not take anyone's money they could get. They tell you anyone can play, and then you log in and have 300ms and can't play most classes, and when you post about it on the forums they ignore it when they find out you're from the other side of the world or they just act like it's normal because you're playing from so far away. Does any of that honestly sound like a global game to you, like seriously? If you really truly honestly believe this is a global game, please make a thread in the general section asking EME to set up some servers in Australia, so that players from there can get better ping. I'm tempted to do it myself, just to see the kind of response I'd get.

That said, considering how ping dependent this game's classes are, global players really get the shaft and it amazes me that they give this company money at all. But that's their choice, and these people can go right on ahead and continue to experience unplayable ping and connection issues that are barely looked into the moment their post says "I'm playing from Australia" and continue to believe it's a global game because the people in charge are willing to accept their money, but it doesn't change the overwhelming amount of evidence pointing to the contrary. If I knew someone in Europe, I'd tell them to play Tera EU, because this game is not a game designed with a global audience in mind, otherwise we'd see very obvious signs of it.
    And apart from the world bams being random , what other part wasn't scheduled ?
    As far as I was aware the random time and random place of the spawning of the world bams was meant , other wise they just need to dish out the gear instead of having people look for them
    and to put it another way say your neighbour was one to donate but works nights , so they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the event coz only the players that attend the time you want "NA or not" should be only catered for ?

As for the rest of this, I mentioned examples of other unscheduled events in my earlier post already. And for the last time, I don't mind having events for EU players; I actually think they're quite friendly and I want them to have fun so they don't all leave for their EU version. Like, I literally just want a more even schedule for events. Having an event that ends at 9 pm PST won't hurt EU players and it will only make people in north america happy that they can come home and still have some time to enjoy the last day of an event. Instead every event we get starts and ends at these early hours in the middle of a weekday. Change it up, that's all I'm suggesting. My goal is to exclude as few people as possible, since -- you're right -- this game does technically say anyone can play it, even if everything seems to suggest otherwise once you've made an account and started playing the game.

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    tl:dr
    was lvling another alt on another server
    but got the gist of it
    its only our game !!
    just like ford and chev are only NA cars and we have all the rights to the movies too as they are NA but the world gives free money for that too !!
    but you were able to post this at a time when your EU friends be in getting all the good stuff . do you work nights too ?
    the servers to our game may be in NA but when we originally opened the doors to AUS (and they don't have a server) when we went global and the rest from there , and ill stop at we i mean EME (oh and ps BHS own EME and they arnt NA so that's where this "free money" goes) but they (EME) did it better going global with Kritika online
    heck we even now have council members that arnt NA now too
    but i like you saying
    voidy wrote: »
    you're right

thanks

now back to my newer alt

EDIT :- oh and happy Thanksgiving all
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl:dr
    was lvling another alt on another server
    but got the gist of it
    its only our game !!
    just like ford and chev are only NA cars and we have all the rights to the movies too as they are NA but the world gives free money for that too !!
    but you were able to post this at a time when your EU friends be in getting all the good stuff . do you work nights too ?
    the servers to our game may be in NA but when we originally opened the doors to AUS (and they don't have a server) when we went global and the rest from there , and ill stop at we i mean EME (oh and ps BHS own EME and they arnt NA so that's where this "free money" goes) but they (EME) did it better going global with Kritika online
    heck we even now have council members that arnt NA now too
    but i like you saying
    voidy wrote: »
    you're right

thanks

now back to my newer alt

EDIT :- oh and happy Thanksgiving all

Don't know why I bothered trying to discuss this with you tbh. Have a good holiday though.