[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Zayo/above Network routing issue

So far testing with 3 different people, one hard dc's every few minutes (looking around a few others are having a similar dc issue), the second person having constant high spikes, the third having no noticeable issues. All 3 fail a tracert to Mount Tyrannas after 64.125.186.90.t00764-02.above.net
All 3 from different locations.
If anyone else is having the same issue (specially the constant dc) bring some light to it here and maybe something can be done.

2492d3c8f6fd8dc21481e3acc86f5b6b.png
e2e1de5b7b5797d2fa1f77219426cf23.png
c652851965a28152ebe113236706559d.png

Including a pingplotter screenshot as well
c3fb87bf71d44a0b4cdb7d31a524a5e5.png

Comments

• I have a similar problem, already I uploaded my traceroute to enmasse

in my case, the traceroute is traveling to 4 different citys(before it was only 2) and with this new tracerouting, I'm having costant high ping spikes, its almost unplayable
  • Do a traceroute to diag.enmasse.com instead so it will connect all the way to the end. The actual servers will not accept ping requests, so it will always time out on the last hop (and this alone isn't indicative of a problem).

From the screenshots you've shown, though, the second person doesn't surprise me that they'd have high ping due to the number of hops and where they're coming from. My guess is that they're overseas?
  • Do a traceroute to diag.enmasse.com instead so it will connect all the way to the end. The actual servers will not accept ping requests, so it will always time out on the last hop (and this alone isn't indicative of a problem).

From the screenshots you've shown, though, the second person doesn't surprise me that they'd have high ping due to the number of hops and where they're coming from. My guess is that they're overseas?

You use to be able to ping the server ip directly in the past, I use to use it to track spikes outside of the game, The second person ping isn't really the problem, their ping is naturally high, but after this now its just constant dc's every couple minutes
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    all these traceroutes terminate at the datacenter, that's what the last node you hit is. the server you're trying to ping next does not respond to pings. should be identical ping/route to diag.enmasse.com anyway, though. pingplotter shows a worrying amount of jitter, though since it's on every node it leads me to believe it's an issue with your local network.

Edit: since i know how frustrating it can be to not at least have something to try when facing this sort of issue, next time your ping spikes/disconnects, leave the tera client open and try (in cmd)
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    might just do the trick if you're feeling lucky.
  • all these traceroutes terminate at the datacenter, that's what the last node you hit is. the server you're trying to ping next does not respond to pings. should be identical ping/route to diag.enmasse.com anyway, though. pingplotter shows a worrying amount of jitter, though since it's on every node it leads me to believe it's an issue with your local network.

Edit: since i know how frustrating it can be to not at least have something to try when facing this sort of issue, next time your ping spikes/disconnects, leave the tera client open and try (in cmd)
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    might just do the trick if you're feeling lucky.

For now using a vpn to Chicago is stopping disconnects
  • SethryanSethryan ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I did a post in forums too about this, i am on CH server and not a single answer from eme.... they dont give a [filtered] about people. I am tired of writing things here and never get a solution.
    I cant do ANYTHING that i get dc all the fcking time.
  • edited November 2017
    Sethryan wrote: »
    I did a post in forums too about this, i am on CH server and not a single answer from eme.... they dont give a [filtered] about people. I am tired of writing things here and never get a solution.
    I cant do ANYTHING that i get dc all the fcking time.

There honestly probably is no easy solution other than using a VPN. This is a problem between you and the server.

If you send your diagnostic information and/or a traceroute to [email protected], they are pooling that information and contacting their service provider with bad routes. But outside of that, there's no miracle fix. A VPN may let you work around it.

Aside that, if you want tech support, you really should send in a ticket. The forum isn't really meant for that.
  • it is not a personal issue, it is happening for many people (myself included) so the forums are, indeed, where it should be placed. This is a mean of make people like you provide suggestions :O. I'm from MT and have been dce'd all day. Exactly when its running an event. o.O
  • it is not a personal issue, it is happening for many people (myself included) so the forums are, indeed, where it should be placed. This is a mean of make people like you provide suggestions :O. I'm from MT and have been dce'd all day. Exactly when its running an event. o.O

Well, you can post here and get user-to-user support, but getting mad because EME doesn't respond to tech support here (when they have a whole support ticket system just for that) is besides the point.

In the end, the best thing people can do is post their traceroutes, or send them to [email protected] so someone can figure out what the people with disconnections have in common along the route.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Same problem here.
    But let's think it's all on our ends.
    Strangely enough anything besides Tera works perfectly here...
    Anyway, we got routing issues with NA Tera way back to sorc patch since oct/2016..
  • same here yesterday in the moring 0 problems , but now disconects all the time :<
  • edited November 2017
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Same problem here.
    Anyway, we got routing issues with NA Tera way back to sorc patch since oct/2016..

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying... I'm not blaming you or saying that it's your computer/router. But, at the same time, it is an issue between your connection and the server, and neither your connection itself nor the server itself. Posting your traceroute to diag.enmasse.com would help to see what everyone has in common, and that's the only real way to narrow it down or hope to fix it.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Same problem here.

lets not think . as suggested do a tracert and confirm so they can maybe try to rectify
    a few months ago I had similar and also had anything besides Tera works perfectly here but turned out to be the main cable between me and servers had been severed and I was getting re routed due to that
    any way , we have also had a few server changes between savis and zayo in the last year or two so id be surprised if both are routing the same way
  • I started to get disconnections yesterday and now i get dc all the time, before i get dc i can't move but i see how the boss or bam still hit me and i get damage and i can't do anything but watching how this evil creatures kill my poor character ;_;
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Also started get a day ago!
    All the same: Seeing bosses move but cant act. After disconnect.
    Yesterday was twice.