[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Will TERA every be like the old days?

124»

Answers

• I wouldn't mind hard BAMs during lvling. I mean I strongly up for making them hard.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    TW WAS and likely still IS making others look dumb by comparing that old leveling system to something as ridiculous (the system will filter out any more proper description) to "mowing lawn with nail clippers" and all, or "So you can suck now like you did before?" type of trolling. And it's not the 1st time, that's why I throw in my 1 cent of trolling back on the topic.

OK, then, I'll change it up if the nail clippers bother you so much: scrubbing the bathroom tiles using a toothbrush. Now, go back on topic and tell me how you'd rather do that than use a regular brush because it's just sooo much fun. And before you say it, no, it's not a "ridiculous" example, it's a very normal one and some people would prefer it as it'd clean the gaps between the tiles better(not because it's just so enjoyable).

As for the BAMs being designed for a party, yes, that's true. And they changed them because parties were no longer plausible. However, doing old BAMs with a party was not more challenging than doing BAMs solo. You'd have the tank to hold aggro and 3-4 DDs to blast it to pieces. Because OW BAMs only every had the regular mechanics which meant "tank blocks, you press buttons, things die".

Oh, and about Tera's combat: I've only ever played tab-target MMOs before Tera. I tried a shooter one time and absolutely sucked at it, never even seen a MOBA first hand.
  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    I would love to have a legacy server with an old build on it <3
    Even if its just for a few months to see the old IoD and other questing area's again

DITTO to that I would even pay for it
  • For a totally new player that has never played a modern MMO the old Tera was a heck of a challenge. Now this is from a 65 year old grandfather that started playing to understand the new games that were available and see why my youngest son at the time who was 16 and wanted to be a game developer. Two guys at work kept talking about Tera so I took the plunge. Shoot I had trouble killing the mini boss and his minion that were at the top of the small hill in the small arena on the old Island of Dawn. It took me several tries and learning how to kite with my archer to get pat them. I also enjoyed having to party to kill the old bams however having to kill 3 - 5 was a pain. I was disappointed that even at the beginning they had already removed story quest content from several large areas and did not have to go there. I remember the great feeling, when I got my Archer to 60 an then the Mystic I leveled. I also understand players who have been playing these type of games most of their lives would be bored. I once took a Level one Archer and never upgraded weapon or armor to see how far I could go. I actually got to level 18 :). The idea of a legacy server is great idea. Maybe Bluehole would consider different story quest paths one that is quick that you don't out level but moves you up quickly to 60. And maybe a second story line that takes you to all places your not taken to where you learn the lore of these areas and have to use the gear from the quests to progress. On a lighter note Happy Turkey day everyone
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a totally new player that has never played a modern MMO the old Tera was a heck of a challenge. Now this is from a 65 year old grandfather that started playing to understand the new games that were available and see why my youngest son at the time who was 16 and wanted to be a game developer. Two guys at work kept talking about Tera so I took the plunge. Shoot I had trouble killing the mini boss and his minion that were at the top of the small hill in the small arena on the old Island of Dawn. It took me several tries and learning how to kite with my archer to get pat them. I also enjoyed having to party to kill the old bams however having to kill 3 - 5 was a pain. I was disappointed that even at the beginning they had already removed story quest content from several large areas and did not have to go there. I remember the great feeling, when I got my Archer to 60 an then the Mystic I leveled. I also understand players who have been playing these type of games most of their lives would be bored. I once took a Level one Archer and never upgraded weapon or armor to see how far I could go. I actually got to level 18 :). The idea of a legacy server is great idea. Maybe Bluehole would consider different story quest paths one that is quick that you don't out level but moves you up quickly to 60. And maybe a second story line that takes you to all places your not taken to where you learn the lore of these areas and have to use the gear from the quests to progress. On a lighter note Happy Turkey day everyone

this wholesome post cured me of every trace of bitterness lingering in my cold stone heart