[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

So What is the point of gathering? Another feature of the old Tera killed by BHS

I mean, well there is actually nothing to add anything to it, they just killed gathering.

Comments

• I use it only for the guild levelling quests, and for the "Legendary Looter" achievement
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    pikpatsou wrote: »
    I use it only for the guild levelling quests, and for the "Legendary Looter" achievement

Well, none of the mats you gather are not really needed. While they brought back crafting, killed gathering.
  • I use the fine pilka/cobala/gobalooooo 's to make spellcatch bijous to hoard dismantle into entropics
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    I use it only for the guild levelling quests, and for the "Legendary Looter" achievement

Well, none of the mats you gather are not really needed. While they brought back crafting, killed gathering.

Gathering was dead for a long time, that is not just in this patch.

I think I am one of the few that crafted their own quatrefoil gathering the materials and there are not many people with quatrefoil, most people had simple or superior broches.

I crafted mine about one year ago and gathering was so dead by that time.
  • A lot of people returned to Tera after the Arsenal patch and you can sell ores if you want and ingots, if you want frostmetal/stormcry weapon master is a must, also scarabs and God's tear.
    With 16 vanguards to do, in my opinion, it leaves little time for gathering, on one hand i am quite glad it's not what it used to be, back when it was Renegade the top tier and you had to farm cobala ore, I may be wrong but it was not the most pleasant experience. The gear however is a most welcomed change to be able to upgrade the current high/top tier instead of crafting it all over again from scratch.
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I would have a problem with this if gathering was actually an enjoyable experience. It was not remotely so, which was evident in how most people would choose to felicity bot it or channel hop scripting it before node spawns were changed

I have no problem with gathering being useless.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how you make crafting oils
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could revive gathering by making crafting tokens a thing.
    Think about gathering stuff that pops in random Lv ~30-50 areas and such, that really no one is bothering to go to.

This could provide both a base for economy on new/leveling players and at the same time promote exploring while being relevant.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »

Gathering was dead for a long time, that is not just in this patch.

I think I am one of the few that crafted their own quatrefoil gathering the materials and there are not many people with quatrefoil, most people had simple or superior broches.

I crafted mine about one year ago and gathering was so dead by that time.

I finished crafting mine just before they killed alchemy (and crafting in general), after that I kept making and selling quatrefoil bases.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    crafting dying when we could not dismantle armor and weapon to get materials for crafting

for me i stopped to gathering after they kill alchemy
  • @ElinLove
    I really like your idea, I think that would be great. It would give me a reason to go gather lower tier items. Actually I started gathering to have materials in the guild bank for people leveling crafting.

Tera seems to be all about tokens now so id enjoy crafting some too! Plus always need an excuse to get out and explore the pretty landscapes!

I hope they can do something like this to keep people interested in gathering!
  • +1 for the pic but on MT I stumbled upon a lot of new players, just today I ran Ravenous Gorge with the ims and both my teammates were new, laugh it out loud but new players are joining.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kubitoid just wondering but how many RWBY reaction pics do u have saved my man