Inner armor for gunner?

I just made an elin gunner and i was wondering what inner armor to use at 65, i have 16 crit and 12 power inner armors.

Comments

• id go for power :D
  • Everyone has their own version. Some love power while Others swear only Crit is good. It's your build. Do you want a Power build or a crit build.
  • Gunners need so little crit. I'd go for power.
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    All i know for gunner is that there is a certain crit cap to make sure burst fire has a 100% crit, but I don't know much much crit is required for that ~_~
    There aren't any up-to-date gunner guides either x_x
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    As for lowish gear, crit and power have no difference. To hit the crit cap you could switch one of the other and just change your accessory crystals.

When actually geared (with accessory etchings), crit is better because you can hit crit cap with less crit items, meaning you get more value off power jewelry.
  • Crit innerwear is better on any class, even classes that have extremely low crit caps, because innerwear gives a 2:1 crit:power ratio, where as many other items (namely jewelry) give a 1.9:1 crit:power ratio. It's not a big deal but if you ever get to the point of min/max you gain an extra 1-2 power going for crit innerwear instead of getting crit somewhere else.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Crit innerwear is better on any class, even classes that have extremely low crit caps, because innerwear gives a 2:1 crit:power ratio, where as many other items (namely jewelry) give a 1.9:1 crit:power ratio. It's not a big deal but if you ever get to the point of min/max you gain an extra 1-2 power going for crit innerwear instead of getting crit somewhere else.

No it's not. Most pieces of power are more efficient. You get 21 Power from an accessory but only 40 Crit Factor. 2:1 would be 20 Power instead.
  • Obs wrote: »
    No it's not. Most pieces of power are more efficient. You get 21 Power from an accessory but only 40 Crit Factor. 2:1 would be 20 Power instead.

I don't think you quite understood what I said, because I said that items like jewelry offer a worse crit:power ratio than innerwear, thus getting your crit from innerwear where the crit ratio is better than on jewelry is always going to be more optimal than getting crit from somewhere like a ring has a ratio skewed towards power.

I even said most jewelry offers a 1.9:1 crit:power ratio, just to clear it up. Which is correct, a T1 ring gives either 38 crit, or 20 power, which is a 1.9:1 crit:power ratio.
  • GelosGelos ✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    Gunners need so little crit. I'd go for power.

why do gunners need so little crit?
  • Because if you go full crit on a gunner and you don't have power you can redesign your gameplay and become a healer. It would be the lowest dps in the game.
  • Gelos wrote: »

I'm no theorycrafter, but when I follow the guides reccs on crit (+150 more or less) everything works better. The rule seems to be you should be critting everytime by the sixth hit of BF.

It's possible because of the amazing glyphs available for helping crit on key gunner skills.
  • Gelos wrote: »

1. Arcane Barrage crits 100%.
    2. Balder's Vengeance crits 100%.
    3. Bombardment and Mana Missiles both have crit glyphs and they do crit frequently with just the right amount.
    4. With proper rotation and play, the explosion of Time Bomb and every Burst Fire hit after the sixth fire will always crit.

That's pretty much more than half of your DPS (probably even 3/4ths of your total DPS).

It's more accurate to say that they do need a certain amount of crit; but yes, compared to most classes, the number they go for is relatively 'little'.
  • Montblanck wrote: »
    Gelos wrote: »

1. Arcane Barrage crits 100%.
    2. Balder's Vengeance crits 100%.
    3. Bombardment and Mana Missiles both have crit glyphs and they do crit frequently with just the right amount.
    4. With proper rotation and play, the explosion of Time Bomb and every Burst Fire hit after the sixth fire will always crit.

That's pretty much more than half of your DPS (probably even 3/4ths of your total DPS).

It's more accurate to say that they do need a certain amount of crit; but yes, compared to most classes, the number they go for is relatively 'little'.

ah, so would power be more of a thing then for gunner?