The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Valkyrie PvPvE guide

Comments

  • For stacks etc..
  • ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Crimeboss wrote: »
    For stacks etc..

    the guide you posted has a lot wrong with it. i mean what are those glyphs even? They have 12 glyph points in Glaive Strike, which isn't too bad, just sub-optimal, but then don't even have roll reset for bloodflower? Then if someone actually did watch this to the end looking for valk advice, he leaves off with that Titansbane isn't worth it? lols. please remove this. i posted my guide to help people, not screw them over.
  • NarythenaNarythena
    edited December 2017
    Crimeboss wrote: »
    For stacks etc..

    the guide you posted has a lot wrong with it. i mean what are those glyphs even? They have 12 glyph points in Glaive Strike, which isn't too bad, just sub-optimal, but then don't even have roll reset for bloodflower? Then if someone actually did watch this to the end looking for valk advice, he leaves off with that Titansbane isn't worth it? lols. please remove this. i posted my guide to help people, not screw them over.

    Perfect evasion on Valkyrie dodge was not guaranteed back then. It was pretty much impossible to proc it so no one used the glyph to reset Bloodflower. He has it in his updated video

    Titansbane is actually pretty pretty meh unless you can activate it with 1 sec of Ragnarok remaining.
  • Narythena wrote: »
    Crimeboss wrote: »
    For stacks etc..

    the guide you posted has a lot wrong with it. i mean what are those glyphs even? They have 12 glyph points in Glaive Strike, which isn't too bad, just sub-optimal, but then don't even have roll reset for bloodflower? Then if someone actually did watch this to the end looking for valk advice, he leaves off with that Titansbane isn't worth it? lols. please remove this. i posted my guide to help people, not screw them over.

    Perfect evasion on Valkyrie dodge was not guaranteed back then. It was pretty much impossible to proc it so no one used the glyph to reset Bloodflower. He has it in his updated video

    Titansbane is actually pretty pretty meh unless you can activate it with 1 sec of Ragnarok remaining.
    Narythena wrote: »
    Crimeboss wrote: »
    For stacks etc..

    the guide you posted has a lot wrong with it. i mean what are those glyphs even? They have 12 glyph points in Glaive Strike, which isn't too bad, just sub-optimal, but then don't even have roll reset for bloodflower? Then if someone actually did watch this to the end looking for valk advice, he leaves off with that Titansbane isn't worth it? lols. please remove this. i posted my guide to help people, not screw them over.

    Perfect evasion on Valkyrie dodge was not guaranteed back then. It was pretty much impossible to proc it so no one used the glyph to reset Bloodflower. He has it in his updated video

    Titansbane is actually pretty pretty meh unless you can activate it with 1 sec of Ragnarok remaining.

    For one, you shouldn't use Titansbane outside of Ragnarok anyways, unless maybe you need to break shield and you don't have anything else.
    Also, if you have a lancer tank, and doing the right rotations and using the right consumables, you can actually get through a full triple SC combo during rag with 3-6 seconds left. Titansbane used in Ragnarok applies the Shara's Scream effect even if Rag ends, but you wont get the 50 extra power from Ragnarok. Using Titansbane before Ragnarok ends and during an enraged cycle is even better and pretty damn strong, as it ends up being about the same damage as another Shining Crescent Combo and with Shara's Scream, it allows you to go into SC combo immediately after. This is actually really good in short fights, especially ones that last 2-4 minutes, which if you're anything decent and your party is good, is possible. It's not "meh" by far.
  • This looks like a good thread for me to piggyback instead of starting a new Valkyrie request for assistance.

    I keep finding myself with basically everything on cooldown and standing around admiring the scenery while I get pounded. The problem isn't just that I'm doing Valkyrie rotations wrong I've double downed by adding reading the guides incorrectly.

    In contrast to the Brawler guide the Essential Mana Valkyrie rotation guide clearly means something other than what I'm reading - specifically you can't chain two Shining Crescents because you'll be standing there waiting for a full minute while it comes off cooldown. The video guides aren't any better or worse because even at full screen the rotation is indecipherable due to pixelation.

    I suppose I could work the whole thing out by scratch but I'd prefer not to - so, what's the decoder secret to the Essential Mana guide?

    NB - me messing up and getting killed by a fluffy bunny at level 65 is the working theory but I also had 4 server disconnects inside 20 minutes on the easy end of IOD and this might have made even decent technique blow chunks - but who knows?

    You can blame the forum category retirements for me posting at the grown-up's table.
  • Tandria wrote: »
    This looks like a good thread for me to piggyback instead of starting a new Valkyrie request for assistance.

    I keep finding myself with basically everything on cooldown and standing around admiring the scenery while I get pounded. The problem isn't just that I'm doing Valkyrie rotations wrong I've double downed by adding reading the guides incorrectly.

    In contrast to the Brawler guide the Essential Mana Valkyrie rotation guide clearly means something other than what I'm reading - specifically you can't chain two Shining Crescents because you'll be standing there waiting for a full minute while it comes off cooldown. The video guides aren't any better or worse because even at full screen the rotation is indecipherable due to pixelation.

    I suppose I could work the whole thing out by scratch but I'd prefer not to - so, what's the decoder secret to the Essential Mana guide?

    NB - me messing up and getting killed by a fluffy bunny at level 65 is the working theory but I also had 4 server disconnects inside 20 minutes on the easy end of IOD and this might have made even decent technique blow chunks - but who knows?

    You can blame the forum category retirements for me posting at the grown-up's table.

    Well ideally you want to be in Ragnarok every enrage cycle. So this means a few things.
    1. You want your party to do enough dps that enrage cycles come rather quickly.
    2. You want to be able to reset bloodflower at least a few times.
    3. You want to use your "non SC combo" skills resourcefully.

    Doing these, should help eliminate most of the issues you are having, as the less time you have outside of Ragnarok, the less of this issue can occur. However, if you are still having the issue with everything being on cooldown I'd like to ask you if you are managing your runemarks effectively. For instance, unless you are about to go into ragnarok, you should never Glaive Strike at 6 runemarks as this is shorting you one runemark for your next stack of 7. Another one is if you're effectively using Leaping Slash. An example I see some people doing is Dreamslashing or Windslashing when Leaping Slash isn't on cooldown. This shorts them a reset off of Leaping Slash which, while isn't exactly a huge dps loss in itself, grants a runemark and can indirectly be a source of dps loss. While most guides don't really talk about it, runemark management is an important part of valkyrie because of the fact that if you start messing this up, your dps will drop pretty hard while not enraged and in Rag.
  • Well, you've hit the primary problem. I've actually never seen the Ragnarok counter fill and have never once actually gotten it to fire off. (since I returned to the game). I'm never about to go into rag so misusing runemarks I assume isn't an issue.

    A bit of explanation: after coming back after a year or so I had left 3 level 65 chars - gunner, brawler and valk. Clearly it goes without saying that if the valk was such a pain and Ragnarok so impossible to get to I would never have gotten the old girl to 65 in the first place. But I did and she did well with open world BAMs. However something has changed or, more likely, I've forgotten something basic and fundamental or the IOD BAMs need a different approach or the server disconnects are working some voodoo.

    Misusing something in the context of Rag is Calculus 301. Actually getting Rag is remedial math and that's where I need to start.
  • Tandria wrote: »
    Well, you've hit the primary problem. I've actually never seen the Ragnarok counter fill and have never once actually gotten it to fire off. (since I returned to the game). I'm never about to go into rag so misusing runemarks I assume isn't an issue.

    A bit of explanation: after coming back after a year or so I had left 3 level 65 chars - gunner, brawler and valk. Clearly it goes without saying that if the valk was such a pain and Ragnarok so impossible to get to I would never have gotten the old girl to 65 in the first place. But I did and she did well with open world BAMs. However something has changed or, more likely, I've forgotten something basic and fundamental or the IOD BAMs need a different approach or the server disconnects are working some voodoo.

    Misusing something in the context of Rag is Calculus 301. Actually getting Rag is remedial math and that's where I need to start.

    as long as you have the chest roll for bloodflower points, the glyphs on bloodflower and runeburst for more ragnarok points, the glyph on evasion to reset bloodflower, and finally, as long as you aren't dying constantly- that should fix a good majority of you not getting ragnarok fast enough. with enough practice, you should be able to get ragnarok every enraged cycle. most top tier valks have ragnarok up and active for 40% of the fight or more. This is important because Ragnarok during Enraged cycle is the majority of your dps. focus on that and if you need any help, my discord info is in my guide and you shoot me a message there for further help. good luck.
  • Thanks. That puts it into focus and I was wondering what to do with those semi-enigmatics I had been stockpiling. Shifting the glyphs around seems to be working a treat and problems in general seem much less now that server disconnect issues have calmed down.

    I even got several of the "perfect evasion" which I somehow thought weren't working.

  • Tandria wrote: »
    Thanks. That puts it into focus and I was wondering what to do with those semi-enigmatics I had been stockpiling. Shifting the glyphs around seems to be working a treat and problems in general seem much less now that server disconnect issues have calmed down.

    I even got several of the "perfect evasion" which I somehow thought weren't working.

    when valk was first released it was sort of broken. you had to literally perfectly evade to get it to proc and even then it was iffy at best. now its gotten to where its like perfectly blocking, you get a little leeway. all this means is that its easier to use therefore easier on new players or players with higher ping.
  • Updated the guide to make it less cluttered and easier to read.
Sign In or Register to comment.