TERA PC will have a maintenance on Thursday, December 14 from 8 to 10 a.m. PST.

So, it's the end of the year...

Has there been ANY news on Tera coming to PS4/Xbox??? I know it most likely won't come this year, but they KEPT saying it!

Maybe they were trying to convince themselves it'll come by the end of the year...:/

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    Has there been ANY news on Tera coming to PS4/Xbox??? I know it most likely won't come this year, but they KEPT saying it!

Maybe they were trying to convince themselves it'll come by the end of the year...:/

I lost the hype on Tera for consoles when it was announced you have to start from 0.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

I lost the hype on Tera for consoles when it was announced you have to start from 0.

Eh I don't really care about that. I used to make new characters all the time and the only thing I used between them was fashion coupons, and that's not a big deal for me for elins

Unless the class is a leather wearer, some of the gear is butt ugly
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭
    I could care less about starting from 0. In fact it's better that way - you can only imagine how many people would jump on consoles with their +9 SC gear just to flaunt it in the faces of new players. I'd push more people away than it would bring in.

Nah, where I lost interest was where they said Consoles and PC would play on separate servers. Completely killed any hype I had for it.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    There is a technical test coming later this month, emails about it went out to a group of players pooled from beta sign ups. A much larger beta test is planned for next year.
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    I could care less about starting from 0. In fact it's better that way - you can only imagine how many people would jump on consoles with their +9 SC gear just to flaunt it in the faces of new players. I'd push more people away than it would bring in.

Nah, where I lost interest was where they said Consoles and PC would play on separate servers. Completely killed any hype I had for it.

same here. I was hoping that you could play on the same servers and your account on the consoles, but nope. I don't know what they are hoping to accomplish by putting it on consoles cause I don't think the players on console will even come close to the ones on the pc. and when the console players find out that bhs removes content instead of adding new content, then I imagine they will lose half of them. hopefully bhs will change its practice and keep content from now on.
    Jerichow wrote: »

For me starting from 0 is not having any costumes, gearing up is annoying but never hard.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭

But... how could you solve the first problem without having the second...? If Consoles and PC were playing on the same servers, all the PC players would be way ahead of console players in progression whether they jump onto console to flaunt it or not.

But I think the bigger problem would be trying to solve the skill gap. It's definitely possible to build a game where controllers are just as efficient as mouse + keyboard, but it's not easy. (Of course, I'm sure the actual reason is the that the underlying codebases are too different. Not to mention, having PS4 and Xbox talk to each other seems politically impossible right now anyway.)

But... how could you solve the first problem without having the second...? If Consoles and PC were playing on the same servers, all the PC players would be way ahead of console players in progression whether they jump onto console to flaunt it or not.

But I think the bigger problem would be trying to solve the skill gap. It's definitely possible to build a game where controllers are just as efficient as mouse + keyboard, but it's not easy. (Of course, I'm sure the actual reason is the that the underlying codebases are too different. Not to mention, having PS4 and Xbox talk to each other seems politically impossible right now anyway.)

It's not that hard to play Tera with controler. There are classes more easy than others (priest is a pain to play with controler I admit).

I have played Tera with xbox360, PS3, PS4, Steam Controler (pls avoid it, play with it is hell) and xbox one controlers and I can tell you that playing with xbox one controler is one of the most pleasant things for me to this days.

The only thing annoying when it happens is the random spam skills, if not for them you will not be slowdown at all playing with controlers.

same here. I was hoping that you could play on the same servers and your account on the consoles, but nope. I don't know what they are hoping to accomplish by putting it on consoles cause I don't think the players on console will even come close to the ones on the pc. and when the console players find out that bhs removes content instead of adding new content, then I imagine they will lose half of them. hopefully bhs will change its practice and keep content from now on.

TBH most players on ps4 thier big market will be completely fresh players i mean i am grrrrrrrrrrr new starting area but i got over it. it really won't be a big deal so jyoos know.

^^ this last part main reason
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, 2017 already gone :confused: another year of our life and Tera life gone.

PS: PS4 based on licked videos will be 1st council to receive Tera and it is early in 2018.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    EAEGXEMJM6 wrote: »

Thanks so much for posting! I'm really diggin' it and can't wait for it to come out!
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

It's not that hard to play Tera with controler. There are classes more easy than others (priest is a pain to play with controler I admit).

I have played Tera with xbox360, PS3, PS4, Steam Controler (pls avoid it, play with it is hell) and xbox one controlers and I can tell you that playing with xbox one controler is one of the most pleasant things for me to this days.

The only thing annoying when it happens is the random spam skills, if not for them you will not be slowdown at all playing with controlers.

I concur. Playing pad/controller isn't as hard as people like to say it is (and so help me, if anyone brings up "yo mah razer naga tho," I'm gonna send a giant, mutated rat to your house to bop you on the head). I've had guildmates become legit astonished that I was able to play priest on a controller (except for that one time my batteries died during a KDN run. oh man, was that a mess...).

If anything, navigating the UI would have to be tweaked so that one can use the D-Pad and the sort and it's golden. If games like FFXIV, Warframe, and Neverwinter can do it, I don't see why TERA can't.