Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

If anyone has read the most recent patch notes, you will notice one particular change which I think is a huge loss in QoL for almost no reward. Why remove the continuous crystal bind which was one of the best changes to elite for 20 achievement points?
To unblock elite status players from gaining the “Imperfect Crystals” and “Ideal Crystals” achievements, we have changed how we deliver Crystalbinding to those players:

We have removed Continuous Crystalbind from elite status player accounts.
We have added four Complete Veteran Crystalbinds (6 hours) to the daily Elite Consumable Box so players can decide if they want to run with or without Complete Crystalbinds.

Imperfect Crystals
Achievement: Lost 30 crystals due to death.

Ideal Crystals
Achievement: Die 30 times without losing crystals. CCB cannot be applied. (Crystals don't break 100% of the time so you need to die 30 times and have no crystals break).

It is worth noting that these two achievements are HIDDEN. As in, they don't even show up in the achievement list. Any new player wouldn't even know they existed since they hid it and IMO they shouldn't even be counted towards the total. Plus, the way achievements work, there is actually no need to get 100% achievements. In other words, you don't need to get them to get the best laurel in the game. With some help, only one thread about the crystals being an issue located here. Plus, if you read the comments on the thread, they are all talking about the solution to that problem without ruining a good change to elite. Almost every comment is against the QQ of that thread.

Now, the point of this thread overall. Why is this amazing change to ccb/elite being reverted for almost no opposition? I understand there are 4 ccb's being given in the consumable box, but the quantity of the crystal binds was never the issue. I'm sure some might struggle, but I have almost 500 ccb's in the bank and I'm sure there are people with even more. Plus it is just ICING on this crappy cake that they are complete veteran crystalbinds rather than regular complete crystalbinds so they wont even stack in the bank with the other one. Is this going to be like braveries soon where I have 5 stacks of braveries from all the different variants? Also, they drop from multiple area's and are dirt cheap on broker.

Anyways, back to the point. The issue was repopping them whenever it ran out. I'm sure everyone who's done end game or played the game in general have had times where ccb ran out and you forget to repop it and lose a crystal. This change prevented that completely and was a really nice QoL change. Not to mention alts. I play four characters all for end game dungeons. If I have to stagger them between four characters vs having 24 hours on each of my characters, that isn't really a fix to the problem. It just means that not only was it removed, it was also nerfed.

Most achievement hunters would have gotten this achievement way before the changes to elite were made, and if there are new players who really want to try and be a completionist, they should just delay renewing their elite for 10 minutes and get the achievement and then renew. The fact that 99% of players probably wouldn't think twice about that achievement and its being changed seems slightly biased. If anything, these should just be moved to special where they don't count towards the total score or points. I think there are almost 25000 achievement points and losing my continous crystalbind for 0.08% of the total achievement points seems stupid.

@seandynamite @Spacecats

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like yet another on the endless list of things that would just be solved simply with an enable/disable toggle.

But ya know, they all know always what is better for us and what we should want or not after all...

Can't they also just make a stupid equipment that you, well, equip and it keeps the CCB effect always while equipped? Whatever about hurr durr economy make it expensive then if that ever was an issue.
  • More inventory clutter.
    Removal of a QoL advancement for elite, one I was quite happy to see since well getting changess it elite is far and few inbetween.
    and yeah why not just two normal 12hour ccb's a day..

or even better yet. New icon on elite bar.
    click it, gives that char ccb till next elite reset time
    e-z done.

• RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    maybe keep the permanent elite crystalbind on and allow a normal crystal bind (1 use, 1 hour) override the elite crystalbind effect. that way people can decide to break crystals, and everyone doesn't need to click on any crystalbinds to keep the effect.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Well...

Biggest problem is not being able to toggle on/off ccb. And I really believe a feature to toggle ccb is not that hard to code efficiently without overhead.

CCBs dropped to ridiculously low prices so that isn't really a problem. Even if I run 16 characters a day I wouldn't be able to use up all of my stashed ccbs from IoD. The bigger problem is the implementation felt extremely lazy since there are so many ways to do it better and code-wise isn't actually that much of a problem

• Yeah I thought the ccb addition to elite was a great change, and it made elite seem more valuable to me even though the hunters xp and gold boosts don't feel super impactful anymore. The increased dungeons will always be the main draw, but I thought the current ccb change was a great one and the new changes are a step backwards in pushing elite to a better spot.
  • This is so sad...again we have to remember about ccb. Which means even more ccb in events. Frustrated
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    BHS/EME: "We added Permanent CCB to elite now!"
    Players: "BUT MY ACHIEVEMENTS REMOVE IT (or toggle)
    BHS/EME: "Ok we removed it BUT we're giving you free 6hour crystalbinds so you don't have to buy them and choose when to use it!
    Players: "WHY YOU REMOVE PERM CCB EME PLS"

The cycle continues
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    BHS/EME: "Ok we removed it BUT we're giving you free 6hour crystalbinds so you don't have to buy them and choose when to use it!

The cycle continues

The problem is that there wasn't that much opposition to it. I checked forum history and only ONE thread was created about it, hardly that much opposition to the idea. That's why I don't get why the change was made. It probably was a small handful of users who ruined it for everyone else.
  • iLucky wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »

The cycle continues

The problem is that there wasn't that much opposition to it. I checked forum history and only ONE thread was created about it, hardly that much opposition to the idea. That's why I don't get why the change was made. It probably was a small handful of users who ruined it for everyone else.

Let me just say it out straight - this small handful of achievement-seeking monkeys are a bunch of monkeys.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    There two possible ways to fix it:

make an option in Elite bar for turn CCB on/off ( will be great for people who wants screenshots their characters without CCB effect ).

or

turn those achievements ( irrelevant to be honest because, 20 points? really ??? ) legacy.
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    Luniack wrote: »

make an option in Elite bar for turn CCB on/off ( will be great for people who wants screenshots their characters without CCB effect ).

or

turn those achievements ( irrelevant to be honest because, 20 points? really ??? ) legacy.

Agreed, it's also worth noting that they removed the crystalbind bubble effect in latest patch! So you wont even see that on your character anymore for screenshots!
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭

or

I support either of these.

Moving it to legacy would make it not count at all towards laurels and then subscribers could have their CCB buff on all the time by going back to 24/7 CCB

Making a switch with on-by-default would require coding, but could also means that you could blast your way through the achievement and then forget about it for the rest of your characters life.
  • iLucky wrote: »

or

Agreed, it's also worth noting that they removed the crystalbind bubble effect in latest patch! So you wont even see that on your character anymore for screenshots!

@Spacecats, please fix this please please please please please please please please please please don't ruin it for us.
  • Two boring achievements are not worth the loss of a nice feature, that or add a toggle, don't come as if that's hard to do or not good at all, please.

I don't use Elite but i don't see any reason for this to go again, over two achievements that could as someone said above just added to legacy since they serve barely any purpose on the game nowadays.