[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    well anyway i hope it's clear to everyone that making 6 hour crystalbind pissed off more players than having it on perma lol

perhaps eme should do more polls and let the players decide things before they change up things
  • edited December 2017
    Rxkt wrote: »
    perhaps eme should do more polls and let the players decide things before they change up things

The problem is that the options people would want on the poll (get rid of the achievements, make a toggleable CCB option, create an item to temporarily turn off CCB, etc.) are not available as immediate options since they require BHS, and the other options that many people would vote for (ignore the "whiners", tell the people who want these achievements they don't really need them, tell people to unsubscribe to Elite to get the achievements) are not actual options. So having a "vote" would be pointless.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Chido wrote: »
    Speaking of nocteniums can you add 1000 nocts to the elite bar?

How about a 30 minutes nocterium elixir?
    kubitoid wrote: »
    @eme, i suggest removing elite status in general and concentrating on better lootboxes promotion and distribution. bet my rotten teeth they r much more profitable

They maybe are working in the new iron man and devas costumes in a new loot box (with increased chances to get the costume) 799 EMP each.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    @eme, i suggest removing elite status in general and concentrating on better lootboxes promotion and distribution. bet my rotten teeth they r much more profitable

*Pets troll*

Kubitoid, you are my favorite troll. Your posts are clever pokes at everything, exaggerated enough to be clearly absurd, and -- can I just say that your picture is just the most appropriate image I can imagine.

*hugs*
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Why should everyone else who wanted the permanent crystalbind be punished for the ignorance of others?

This definitely isn't intended as any sort of punishment. This method has a single downside vs. the perma-buff, and that's having to click the Elite bar once every few hours of play. I won't argue that having to click a thing is more convenient vs. not having to click a thing, but it's a solution that doesn't punish anyone looking to complete game content that should be available to everybody.

People will be more inconvenienced by losing their Focused crystal or a Hardy crystal in a dungeon after a death. People constantly forget things before starting a fight or after getting ressed, like Nostrums/Battle Solutions. CCBs being longer duration make them even easier to forget. The achievements are available to everybody. They just need to not auto-renew their Elite (or not use a Voucher when their Elite expires) for an hour and do the achievements, then get Elite/use a voucher.

There's also the issue of the CCB bubble.
    Rxkt wrote: »

The problem is that the options people would want on the poll (get rid of the achievements, make a toggleable CCB option, create an item to temporarily turn off CCB, etc.) are not available as immediate options since they require BHS, and the other options that many people would vote for (ignore the "whiners", tell the people who want these achievements they don't really need them, tell people to unsubscribe to Elite to get the achievements) are not actual options. So having a "vote" would be pointless.

How about leaving it alone until BHS can make a change?
  • edited December 2017
    Obs wrote: »
    It just encourages anyone who really wants these achievements to cancel their Elite subscriptions because it's otherwise impossible to get them due to EME's decision to provide the CCB benefit in the previous way. Which is not a solution any business would accept as a viable option, whether that's what we might suggest or not.

• Obs wrote: »
    It just encourages anyone who really wants these achievements to cancel their Elite subscriptions because it's otherwise impossible to get them due to EME's decision to provide the CCB benefit in the previous way. Which is not a solution any business would accept as a viable option, whether that's what we might suggest or not.

It encourages people who want you guys to change it back to permanent to cancel their elite subscriptions
  • RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    i'm sure 1 or 2 un-subscriptions would be better than a community screaming at eme once again, given all the recent posts in general discussion.

for the tremendous feedback for EME making ccb non-permanent again, i think it would be wiser to make it permanent and THEN ask for a solution for achievement-seeking people. rather than the other way around, which is for EME to receive more backlash for temporary ccb until they find a solution.

personally i would add to patch notes or whatever:
    "Bug Notes:
    Elite has permanent CCB so the achievements are unavailable right now. We are working to find a solution with BHS so please wait until then"

because honestly speaking people can wait for achievements
  • Xristosx wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »

It encourages people who want you guys to change it back to permanent to cancel their elite subscriptions

Counting me as "you guys" is pointless. The only reason I'm trying to explain all this [filtered] is in the hopes of understanding the arguments and proposing a better compromise, if one exists. Quitting over a benefit we went 5 1/2 years without given the compromise presented seems a bit much to me, but if you feel that strongly about it, you should quit and be sure to tell them exactly why. Maybe they could use that as leverage with BHS to put a real solution in place that isn't a workaround. Everyone agrees that the toggle would be better as a permanent solution.
  • Why this elite perk has to be renewed every three hours?? What is the point of it then? Its worse than 12 hr.
  • Why this elite perk has to be renewed every three hours?? What is the point of it then? Its worse than 12 hr.

Basically because one-day promo Elite is a thing, and they don't want people to use promo elite to get free 12-hour CCB on every one of their alts across all servers. If it could expire when the subscription expires, that'd obviously be another story.

Basically because one-day promo Elite is a thing, and they don't want people to use promo elite to get free 12-hour CCB on every one of their alts across all servers. If it could expire when the subscription expires, that'd obviously be another story.

wow! a one day promo elite to scam the system out of... a maximum of like 5k gold? assuming 18 characters per server? next you'll be telling me they're changing nostrums to 5 minutes
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Look, I know Player Council's views have to match EME's, but there is no point trying to defend this whole ordeal.
    They don't have to, and don't always. I would prefer if the achievements were simply removed or just ignored considering you wouldn't really need them, and most people are unaware of them. Although, EME can't remove them and clearly don't want to ignore them either.
  • While we're at it, since we no longer have perm ccb, can we get a function on the elite bar with the hyper super turbo no cd whatever fancy name on it. Cause you know, it's putting value into elite sub so I can spend pretty penny I found on the parking lot.