[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience!

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Caution, do not blame the players that wished for the change.
    Many players wish for many things.
    At the end, it was EME's decision to make that change.

Why would this be a priority with so many issues is beyond myself.

Because, as you said in another post, people come to forums to complain.

So much truth in your words :cry:
  • I frequently find myself wondering if anyone from EME actually plays this game. Ever. I have 5 people in my family, all with elite, plus all the EMP they burn through. We've started looking another "go to" game. I'm just frustrated and done with it not being worth it anymore.
  • NicknaNickna ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Just remove Crystalbinds and Crystals from the game. Seriously no point for either anymore.
    Like how spellbind got phased out and now everyone has the same stat rolls. Do the same thing for crystals. Everyone uses the same optimal setups anyway. Why confuse the new players??? Make crystals permanently binded to gears or something, let players choose different ones for their dual pvp/pve setup if they want, that's all that's needed.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess im going back to being a Free to play and use the cheap cheap 12 hour CCB's... i mean... who needs Elite anyway when you have 10 lvl65's that can run all dungeons and farm all day!... am i right???

Even in your intention to make a joke this is not so wrong about current state on Elite.

Even with the perma CCB it lacks something that can be called worth, aside from the "no fees" to put your stuff on broker everything else has no real impact.

You can get enought prime battle solutions for your characters and your won't run out of them.

You can get enought ccb for you to not worry for generations about your crystals breaking.

Free reset scrolls, they are really handy for those with few characters but for someone like you or several others this has almost no value at all.

Crafter's cure potion is nice but you can do enought gold to buy one from broker in 5 minutes, so again this is not so valuable at all.

Strong canephora and bravery, we already have ways to get them from game, you can run 4 star dungeons and use the scales to get more, you will need about 20 minutes to get enought scales to trade for 1 strong canephora and bravery, so again you dont have need of this at all.

Travel journal and Village atlas are not needed, maybe if Travel journal could add more then 5 places (maybe 15) in it could be worth to get, travel journal because rather useless with the vanguard window.

Gold hunter boost is an outdated perk that doesn't help that much and is not worth elite costs.

Elite Gift Box usually gives you items that you don't need but you have a chance to get a pet, strongbox key and other stuff. This could be worth elite if you don't have a pet, otherwise is not that apealing.

Flying mount, you get one free at level 65 and you can get an Iron Dragon Free just playing the game, most people I know got their dragon in a couple of months.

Exp boost. Not a great perk when you can level up a character in less than 14 hours in an account without elite and level 0 on emporium.

So far the only thing I see worth is the no fee to use broker for you to sell stuff because you will save a good amount of gold this way.

The perma ccb is only a minor qol that adds no value at all to Elite, its just added to a list of perks that are not needed and give you nothing worth the money you spend on it.
  • yet, another stupid change they made to the game
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any issue with it, because the crystalbind would be in the elite skill bar.
    I'm used to clicking the battle nostrum button every time I fite them mobs and BAMs.

Its just one more button, you guys.. :cookie:

Which you have a limited amount of, shared between every character you play, unlike the nostrum. And you don't see the problem with it?

You get 24 and they last 3 hours each, it's unlikely you'll run out even if you accidentally used more than one. The only argument against the change is for convenience.
    EnerG wrote: »
    Im glad its removed, I hate it when things like this are permanent, if i lose a crystal cause i forgot a ccb that's my fault but with this elite bs i could act like an idiot with nary a care, I dont like it when consumables get easier, and i know this is an unpopular opinion but even with charms and stamina i liked having to keep watch over my stamina, and needed to recharm at death, it gave a kind of punishment for death for an extra 10 seconds without one dps so they could buff back up. .... I just don't like it when it get a easier makes me feel like,im being babied...
    Crystals have very low value (from a gold perspective) and breaking them is hardly a punishment. A system where it is nothing but an inconvenience isn't worth keeping.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    I don't see any issue with it, because the crystalbind would be in the elite skill bar.
    I'm used to clicking the battle nostrum button every time I fite them mobs and BAMs.

Which you have a limited amount of, shared between every character you play, unlike the nostrum. And you don't see the problem with it?

You get 24 and they last 3 hours each, it's unlikely you'll run out even if you accidentally used more than one. The only argument against the change is for convenience.

except as TheCatalyst said that its same as Everful Nostrum but has unlimited uses, if i spam ccb 3h all the time like nostrum I will run out of it as it doesnt stack and always overwrites it.
  • edited December 2017
    Yube wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

except as TheCatalyst said that its same as Everful Nostrum but has unlimited uses, if i spam ccb 3h all the time like nostrum I will run out of it as it doesnt stack and always overwrites it.

I know everyone (including me) wants a toggle or for them to just set it back. But as a short-term measure, would it help if they gave you 48? 72? 99? Not sure if their tools allow them to do unlimited directly, but I really don't think the point was that people would find the quantity to be a limit. As it stands, if you spammed it once every half-hour with your nostrums, you'd have 12 hours worth. If they did 48 that'd be 24 hours?
  • I, for one, was enjoying the elite perk of a never ending CCB. One of the better perks added for the price we pay. I don't care about achievements overall. Well, as stated, thanks for not only taking away one of the more useful perks but also nerfing it at the same time. I play on 7 different characters. Terrible job BHS and EME.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Yube wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

I know everyone (including me) wants a toggle or for them to just set it back. But as a short-term measure, would it help if they gave you 48? 72? 99? Not sure if their tools allow them to do unlimited directly, but I really don't think the point was that people would find the quantity to be a limit. As it stands, if you spammed it once every half-hour with your nostrums, you'd have 12 hours worth. If they did 48 that'd be 24 hours?

Well, I tend to hit nostrum every time I face a boss. Just in case.... So if I do that now, hmmm, say I do all VG in dungeons, 3 bosses per each, that would be 48.

Per character. So on a day when I play all day...48 is almost 50. I can sometimes do 5 characters on a Saturday (not often!) so 250 would be the most I could use.

Does that number help?

If the stupid things would stack like the gold hunter boosts, I could simply attemot to use one every chance I got, and it would only take one when one had expired. Under those conditions it is, while not ideal, close to what I would want from this bonus. Is that a thing? Could we make them stack?
  • edited December 2017
    Catservant wrote: »
    If the stupid things would stack like the gold hunter boosts, I could simply attemot to use one every chance I got, and it would only take one when one had expired. Under those conditions it is, while not ideal, close to what I would want from this bonus. Is that a thing? Could we make them stack?

It's probably not possible without BHS programming something, and if they're going to program anything I'd rather they just do the toggle to be honest (or retire these achievements). The current way is a short-term compromise solution at best.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »

It's probably not possible without BHS programming something, and if they're going to program anything I'd rather they just do the toggle to be honest (or retire these achievements). The current way is a short-term compromise solution at best.

Mmmm. Not an option then. Yeah if they are going to program anything, a toggle would be best.
  • edited December 2017
    I don't understand at the end of the day why we are changing this for the select few that NEEDED this changed immediately if we are being told by white knight counterpoint here that we should wait and have a fix made by BHS why the majority?
    I'm quite sure you don't really want to know why. You (like many others) already decided that there could not conceivably be any possible good reason except for stupidity or utter incompetence anyway. Trying to explain the issues from their point of view to have an actual discussion about it (which is all I've been trying to do) is meaningless.

I always preferred the always-on buff and would be completely happy if they turned it back on today regardless of the achievements I feel are stupid to begin with. Hell, I'd be perfectly happy if they completely removed crystal breaking entirely because IMO it's stupid. (But hey, I also hated campfires and thought there were too many consumables.) So I'm not against you or anyone else. But I just don't think having that opinion is going to change anything, because it doesn't address the reasons they had for making the change, whether I or anyone else agree with those reasons or not. But oh well. Hope it gets fixed.
  • Counterpoint worse part of this is that "temporary" for eme always means "permanent". The things being fixed so long time (yes bhs and other -reasons- and all...someone gave good example of time work was done here and eu) that there is no hope for any action in nearby half year from eme.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I, for one, was enjoying the elite perk of a never ending CCB. One of the better perks added for the price we pay. I don't care about achievements overall. Well, as stated, thanks for not only taking away one of the more useful perks but also nerfing it at the same time. I play on 7 different characters. Terrible job BHS and EME.

Same here.

I was actually enjoying this perk since i am playing with the slaying crystal which means that i stay under 50% HP a lot of time and it was nice to have a back up to not lose crystals just in case but now it is gone.... And i also play on multiple characters.
    Not to mention every single time I message a GM asking for a minor fix or change or suggesting a flat out better system this is never done even when I see lots of people asking for it, so why are they focusing on small [filtered] fixes that don't matter but flat out ignore other changes that would ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE GAME?

Why does it happen? The time and space that we know still has many unknowns ^^

Haha..

At this point i am just laughing because there are no tears left.