[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

1121314151618»

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    DO NOT send in support tickets and waste GMs times and increase legitimate user's times for issues to give feedback simply because you are upset.

Then perhaps you know of a more direct way of contacting the right people that does not involve submitting a support ticket? I sure don't. Ticket submitted.

By doing this, you're punishing users who have ACTUAL problems and extending their response times, and abusing what the Support Ticket is for. It's obvious that you don't care, but it's a [filtered] move.

EDIT: You could use the Player Council, obviously. Not exactly direct, but @counterpoint is usually pretty good at forwarding concerns/feedback.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, NA community is legit worse Tera community out there and we wonder why we have worse Tera out there also. :angry:
  • And the evidence supporting @counterpoint actually being effective is?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/196693/#Comment_196693
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/196655/#Comment_196655

He's the most (and personally, the only one I've seen) active Player Council member and is usually always in the know, and has multiple conversations with Spacey and Denomenator at least multiple times a day, even when they are busy,.

I could list more than two, but rather than ask someone to give you research, you should stop being lazy and do it yourself if you want proof.

On top of that, you're missing my entire point on telling you to not use the support ticket system to give feedback simply because you're upset. Yes, it's a stupid decision, but they made a mistake by doing permanent ccb in the first place without taking into consideration those achievements, no matter how minuscule they are, they still made a mistake, and this is their TEMPORARY fix. Punishing players who have legitimate issues, such as not being able to login, not able to reset their passwords, stuck under the map cause BHS doesn't know how to put invisible walls in the right places, not getting EMP they bought, and so on, is unfair to them, and they are more important than you repeating what we have all said in this thread over and over again in a support ticket, used for when you need support for something, NOT to provide feedback. That's what the forums are for.

I personally hope anyone who sends in a support ticket about this gets blocked from using it. There are more pressing matters than this, and you're causing an unnecessary delay in response times for those who need it. People with issues are more important than those who have an opinion which is already well-known.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    DO NOT send in support tickets and waste GMs times and increase legitimate user's times for issues to give feedback simply because you are upset.

Then perhaps you know of a more direct way of contacting the right people that does not involve submitting a support ticket? I sure don't. Ticket submitted.

They already are aware of the concerns considering there had initially been zero compromise, and they already are aware the compromise isn't as good as the previous way. Spamming support won't make them know more about it when they already know about it.

You would just be wasting your time, EME's time, and delaying a response to those in genuine need of help.
  • edited December 2017
    I told them exactly why people in this thread are mad, why they feel the solution is worthless, and options to deal with it. Honestly, I don't expect anything to change before the holidays because they had reasons for making the change (whether people think they're stupid reasons or not) and because the solution isn't outright broken even if people don't like it (and they may not want to push out a new build the week before the holidays in case it causes new problems). The best solutions require BHS to do something anyway (like make a toggle, remove the achievement, etc.).

Anyway, it's in their hands, and I (and I'm sure others) will bring it up again in the new year if nothing has changed.
  • BTW, these 20+ pages are a bigger feedback to keep continuous ccb then anything eme got about removing it for 20 pts achievement.
    if you want propper feedback make a voting poll AND announce it in game as well, now i know there's always the argument of multiple voting HOWEVER what will be clear from a poll is that you will see which options there is NO interest for, which will at least eliminate options and stear eme in the direction of "logic land".
  • edited December 2017
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    if you want propper feedback make a voting poll AND announce it in game as well, now i know there's always the argument of multiple voting HOWEVER what will be clear from a poll is that you will see which options there is NO interest for, which will at least eliminate options and stear eme in the direction of "logic land".
    "Dear person who submitted a ticket about the achievements we broke with our Elite changes,

The majority of the forums voted in a poll and they've decided your request is stupid so tough [filtered].

Best regards,
    Some EME GM"

(I'm sure there are some tickets they'd really like to give that response to...)
  • HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    "Dear person who submitted a ticket about the achievements we broke with our Elite changes,

The majority of the forums voted in a poll and they've decided your request is stupid so tough [filtered].

Best regards,
    Some EME GM"

P.S. If you want the achievement all you have to do is let your elite run out for like legit 10 minutes, go up to some high tier IoD bams and die until you have the achievement, renew your subscription and you good. We realize this may be of slight inconvenience to you, but the vast majority of our paying playerbase want permanent CCB so we kindly thank you for your understanding. Regards, Some EME GM
  • edited December 2017

Best regards,
    Some EME GM"

P.S. If you want the achievement all you have to do is let your elite run out for like legit 10 minutes, go up to some high tier IoD bams and die until you have the achievement, renew your subscription and you good. We realize this may be of slight inconvenience to you, but the vast majority of our paying playerbase want permanent CCB so we kindly thank you for your understanding. Regards, Some EME GM

They would never be allowed to tell a customer to stop paying them money to get the full functionality of the product. They'd consider that wholly backwards (Elite must be the same or better than F2P in every aspect). That's why they consider this their fault in the first place. If someone put this on the forum, we'd definitely tell them that -- or to not care because it's not necessary. This whole issue is the crutch of the conversation.
  • Marked my ticket as resolved due to recent comments by @counterpoint
  • As someone who's gotten champion laurel before, and understands that the requirements change every season, I still will stand by the fact that these 20 points aren't necessary for champion. That said, if you truly want to get them, the solution is as easy as I've mentioned. Most of the community don't go after the achievements. While I'm not saying they aren't important, why are they just now worrying about the game? How long did we all suffer through the horrid lag over the last year or so. How long did it take them to disable dreamstorm. How many times did people tell them repeatedly not to do another mongo event because the economy was [filtered] and they still did the stuff. People have begged and pleaded to change the elite perks for a while now. Among the requests were extra travel journal locations, a fix for the gold boost, noctenium, better elite store discounts, etc. Nothing. They finally added a decent perk - perma CCB - and they took it away for an unnecessary achievement.
  • I dont think they actually want people to be happy with this temp fix otherwise they wouldn't of done it.
    The fact that they refused to put 12 hour CCB's on the bar in large quantities and instead decided that it was some how better to put a bunch of crystal binds that are 1/4 effective of our normal one means they have a severe lack of understanding. Because the 12 hour one still is a better temp solution. I dont get why we get a [filtered] crystal bind.
    And for the love of god do not tell me 1 day elite people will abuse it because yeah sure it totally is the most lucrative thing ever, freaking the economy will go completely out of balance if we had 12 hour ccb's on the bar.

FMbLbdu.png
  • After some words of Counterpoint feels better.
    Thank for support. : 3
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Best regards,
    Some EME GM"

(I'm sure there are some tickets they'd really like to give that response to...)

that actually raises a good point, what's more valid, forum polls/posts or support tickets? well the answer is simple: someone or a group that IS responsible at eme needs to make common sense decisions based on all the facts, so far those decisions have been the wrong ones .
    we all know as players that there are some Do's and Dont's that we just know based on actual game play experience.

i cant help thinking about the "player council" that imo sounded like a step in the right direction. at least they could tell eme when things are stupid or actually make perfect sense to implement.

on a side note: id just like to say.. that for someone who has 18 characters on 1 server..24 three hour crystal binds just dont even come close to a continuous one.
    its a joke.
    dont even call it"elite" cause its not the definition: call it " the cheap businessman" cause all thats good is the broker perks, the traveling atlas/journal and (not for everything) double entries.
    this is why i buy elite with gold instead of $$$ now.