[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• Maybe if an in game toggle isn't possible, an account setting toggle would be? (like, changing it in the account settings page on the official site?)

I mean, the beauty of Continuous Crystalbind is that it's permanently on all the time and that it applies to your whole account. Complete Veteran Crystalbinds are just a waste of inventory space, and could only be used by 4 characters (maybe less if you play more with one or two).

Frankly this is one of the better stuff that has been done to elite (I'm looking at you, Gold Boost). Why does it almost always have to be a step backwards?
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, more items in the inventory means more, larger packets being spammed to the server whenever you use an item, because your inventory is called twice whenever you use an item, be it nocts, potions or CCB. Once to check what is in there, once to update it. More items in there means more data to process.
  • I wonder who were the inbred morons who complained enough to make EME change the permanent CCB...
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Well, as usual, NA-specific contents are often messed up by KTERA content which is considered as DEFAULT. Permanent CCB is not in KTERA, it is NA-specific content (maybe as well as some other region, but definitely not KTERA). So they do not need to worry about those achievements. Therefore, KTERA and BHS will not work anything about those achievement since they do not have any issue on it.

As we all know, EME has very limited access to change TERA content something like Elite perks, TERA store, and Event stuff. This means EME cannot make any change in achievement so that they have to change the perma CCB from Elite perk. So those achievement will still remain, and EME has to make those achievements achievable by removing forced-permanent CCB.

Of course I agree that this kind of discussion is valuable for the entire TERA region, and eventually reaches to BHS via EME. However, as long as BHS/KTERA do not need to make a change on it and this issue does not affect their TERA, I do not think BHS will make any change on those achievements.

The only thing we reasonably expect from EME is that they make the CCB in Elite perk more usable like with toggle on/off.
  • Again EME.
    tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    The current system is hindering achievement hunters in case they're elite.
    This required to be removed or changed.

Or just don't renew your elite. Hello? Get up to speed, would you?
  • Let me just say it out straight - this small handful of achievement-seeking inbred monkeys are a bunch of inbred monkeys.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    even if they will agree to make it toggle on off it will take one more year to make lol

it was our elite perk. Two crystalbinds in consumables are doubtful "perk" if we will think that 12hr ccb drops from everywhere like candies and has miserable price. Yet we didn't get those upgrades that were promised to us except those permaccb. But we loosing our main useful actually perk.
  • Tewii wrote: »

Yes, wait a month every time you wish to get those achievements. Makes sense /s
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    Tewii wrote: »

I have them myself.
    Done when elite ran out, quite a poor way though.

Unless I'm mistaken, there's an old discount from recurring subscription.
    Those players would be unable to cancel.

Then contact support and get it back, explaining that you did it for the achievement. People have gotten their discount back for less. Not that this achievement is at all important.

Yes, so the rest of the population who doesn't care about a =========== 20 point ============ achievement can actually get the benefits of permanent CCB.

The entitlement is grating.
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭

Those achievements are not a gatekeeper by any means for any laurel. They are 20 points and not even in the achievement list. They shouldn't be counted at all. The in-between elite is just a possible solution for those that passionate about 20 points. If they really want to ruin an amazing QoL for majority of the TERA population and feel that strongly about it; I think they'd wait 10 minutes to renew elite to get it. Once its done, they will NEVER THINK ABOUT THAT ACHIEVEMENT for the rest of the characters playtime.

If you asked almost any player to trade 20 of their achievement points for a continuous complete crystal bind for EVERY one of their characters, I would think that only 1/10th of a percentage would consider the 20 points let alone do it. Like I stated in the original post, I get why it was changed but the weight of bias for it is the part that bothered me. Just look at this thread, a HIGH majority of people want the ccb over the 20 points yet it was changed for them and not the majority? I understand you can't make everyone happy, but in this case the weight is shifted way to far in the opposite direction.
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    BHS/EME: "We added Permanent CCB to elite now!"
    Players: "BUT MY ACHIEVEMENTS REMOVE IT (or toggle)
    BHS/EME: "Ok we removed it BUT we're giving you free 6hour crystalbinds so you don't have to buy them and choose when to use it!
    Players: "WHY YOU REMOVE PERM CCB EME PLS"

The cycle continues

Amused, this is the version I see:
    BHS/EME: "We added Permanent CCB to elite now!"
    Players: "WHAT A USELESS FEATURE!"
    BHS/EME: "Ok we removed it BUT we're giving you free 6hour crystalbinds so you don't have to buy them and choose when to use it!
    Players: "WHY YOU REMOVE PERM CCB EME PLS"

The cycle continues

I really don't see anyone who said it was a useless feature. Find me a post about someone who said this. In fact, people went out of their way to compliment this decision AFAIK.

And like I mentioned, free 6 hour crystalbinds hardly fix the issue. It is using them and repopping them. I play on four characters so now I need to stagger them constantly and open it on one character and get it out of the bank every day? All of this because 10 people on the game want 20 achievement points? I'd say look at your own advice from earlier

Only because it doesn't have value for you, doesn't mean it doesn't have value for others.

The value in this case ruins probably 95%+ of the population while 5 percent (very generous btw, my actual guess would be 0.25% or lower) get to get a useless achievement that they will never think twice about after getting it.
  • iLucky wrote: »

Those achievements are not a gatekeeper by any means for any laurel. They are 20 points and not even in the achievement list. They shouldn't be counted at all. The in-between elite is just a possible solution for those that passionate about 20 points. If they really want to ruin an amazing QoL for majority of the TERA population and feel that strongly about it; I think they'd wait 10 minutes to renew elite to get it. Once its done, they will NEVER THINK ABOUT THAT ACHIEVEMENT for the rest of the characters playtime.

If you asked almost any player to trade 20 of their achievement points for a continuous complete crystal bind for EVERY one of their characters, I would think that only 1/10th of a percentage would consider the 20 points let alone do it. Like I stated in the original post, I get why it was changed but the weight of bias for it is the part that bothered me. Just look at this thread, a HIGH majority of people want the ccb over the 20 points yet it was changed for them and not the majority? I understand you can't make everyone happy, but in this case the weight is shifted way to far in the opposite direction.

I have them myself.
    Done when elite ran out, quite a poor way though.

Unless I'm mistaken, there's an old discount from recurring subscription.
    Those players would be unable to cancel.

Then contact support and get it back, explaining that you did it for the achievement. People have gotten their discount back for less. Not that this achievement is at all important.

Yes, so the rest of the population who doesn't care about a =========== 20 point ============ achievement can actually get the benefits of permanent CCB.

The entitlement is grating.

OK, guys? I'm not talking about the perm CCB being removed here (I, too, liked my perm CCB), I'm making fun of the "solution" used to get around that, because it's ridiculous.

I completely agree that they shouldn't have removed the perm CCB just for that, for the record.
  • @Spacecats What do we need to do to get the Perm CCB back?
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    OK, guys? I'm not talking about the perm CCB being removed here (I, too, liked my perm CCB), I'm making fun of the "solution" used to get around that, because it's ridiculous.

I completely agree that they shouldn't have removed the perm CCB just for that, for the record.

Then if they care about the achievement that much, they should value the effort they went through to cancel their sub and do their achievement farm by using said solution more than the points themselves. Makes those ~20 worthless points~ that much more valuable!

Ex
    Dee