[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

TERA technical test fourm

13»

Comments

• ElinLove wrote: »
    It goes like this: You have your skill bar, say pressing X jumps, square does auto-attack/basic hit, triangle goes Vortex Slash and so on. Then, you have more skills on your class than buttons on the controller right? The solution on console port was: press once the R1/L1 (whatever it was) and it swaps to another skill palette. Now with pressing Square you don't auto-attack but say, use Poison Blade (I'm just throwing random names), triangle goes Scythe and so on. But it's only 2 skill bars that you alternate between, and once you press the button, it stays selected, sticky, until you press again and it swaps over.

For what it's worth, in the technical test it's not actually a toggle/swap, but the other bar activates while you're holding the button and then resets back to the first bar when you let go. You can also add an optional third bar that uses the other left trigger button, but it works the same way. So basically the left trigger buttons are the equivalent to "Shift" or "Ctrl" on the keyboard. You don't have to worry about remembering which bar you're currently set on.
    wow, that's great news. thanks for the response.
    If there are options for 3 bars i would assume that maybe with alittle button mapping most any issues could be solved.

I was also curious b/c it seemed like they actually had skills mapped to the d- pad (?) , and hopefully this can be avoided with a 3rd bar option.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ElinLove wrote: »
    It goes like this: You have your skill bar, say pressing X jumps, square does auto-attack/basic hit, triangle goes Vortex Slash and so on. Then, you have more skills on your class than buttons on the controller right? The solution on console port was: press once the R1/L1 (whatever it was) and it swaps to another skill palette. Now with pressing Square you don't auto-attack but say, use Poison Blade (I'm just throwing random names), triangle goes Scythe and so on. But it's only 2 skill bars that you alternate between, and once you press the button, it stays selected, sticky, until you press again and it swaps over.

For what it's worth, in the technical test it's not actually a toggle/swap, but the other bar activates while you're holding the button and then resets back to the first bar when you let go. You can also add an optional third bar that uses the other left trigger button, but it works the same way. So basically the left trigger buttons are the equivalent to "Shift" or "Ctrl" on the keyboard. You don't have to worry about remembering which bar you're currently set on.
    wow, that's great news. thanks for the response.
    If there are options for 3 bars i would assume that maybe with alittle button mapping most any issues could be solved.

I was also curious b/c it seemed like they actually had skills mapped to the d- pad (?) , and hopefully this can be avoided with a 3rd bar option.

Doubt it could be avoided with 3rd bar, as that's exactly how you manage to use all skills on 4 bars on PC... Really. Tho granted, that's only on the last 4 skills on the few classes that use the entire bar, the rest don't need the D-pad.
  • Hello @Denommenator, I am part of the technical test on the Playstation 4 console. Can I be added to the Technical Test Forum to provide feedback and report issues found among the technical test players? I greatly appreciate it and hope to help the console version move forward into closed and open beta. Thanks!
  • edited December 2017

Right now, by default, the game is using the D-Pad for items, the radial menu, and your mount skill, so I think it's pretty okay the way it is, at least at the start.

The one thing I noticed is that, by default, some skills are not placed on your bar, and the whole bar is pre-assigned with all the skills in a configuration it thinks make sense at level 65. Usually the skills that aren't on the bar are comboed from something else, but of course you can manually add them to the third bar (or rearrange everything however you want).

I guess I'll see what it's like when I hit 65 and all the skills are enabled.
  • IsgardIsgard ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I too have been testing the game for 3 days now on PS4 Pro but never was i given access to a tech test section.
  • Isgard wrote: »
    I too have been testing the game for 3 days now on PS4 Pro but never was i given access to a tech test section.

They also said on the Friday Twitch stream that, if you don't have access to the forums, to send in a ticket to customer support and they can help you, and in the meantime please keep your bugs/feedback so you can post once you get access.
  • Ahh i do not have twitch, thanks for the reply
  • @HeathenDeacon

If you're curious this is what a loadout for Mystic looks like on X1. I play PC too and I was pretty happy with this.

5dEZAwR.png
  • DWX9RKX9XM wrote: »
    @HeathenDeacon

If you're curious this is what a loadout for Mystic looks like on X1. I play PC too and I was pretty happy with this.

right on. thanks :)