Elite Status CCB Changes Coming Thursday, December 21st!

13»

Comments

• @seandynamite
    So, we good?

- VG shop (2 boxes for 1 golden talent? That's almost worthless.)
    - Ace Shop (IMPERATOR MATS from 4 patches ago...? Really? Rubies for 400 ace points?)
    - Reward shop (20 metamorphic emblems for 400 credits?)

- Pvp "Jackpots" using worthless etching mats

- RKHM being a net loss on materials (doesn't need to make people rich, but they need to at least break even, otherwise the only reason to run it is the title.)

No, we aren't good yet. Thank you for fixing something that didn't needed to be changed in the first place though!
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    So, we good?

No, Elite players should die for those achievements :p

Hey, I did. Wasn't looking forward to doing it again.

Cheers EME for the prompt resolution (next time, save yourself the trouble and ask us what we want, yeah? A simple poll works).

They did. They asked the forum masses what they wanted. And the mob answered "We want EU's perma crystal bind! Elite sucks!" It worked out well, don't you think?

So like, why don't you go play in EU then? :3
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Because I live in NA, and I've never wanted to play on EU?

I get that you're trying to meme (and failing at it,) but you must have forgotten that it's been 3 months since Sean brought up changing various shops, and so far we have had FB shop removed, and FC shop given FB items (not the additional weapon/armor that people have been asking for over 2 years -- even since Spacecats said "link it here and I'll investigate.")

People have been upset about PVP jackpot since July.
  • @seandynamite
    So, we good?

- VG shop (2 boxes for 1 golden talent? That's almost worthless.)
    - Ace Shop (IMPERATOR MATS from 4 patches ago...? Really? Rubies for 400 ace points?)
    - Reward shop (20 metamorphic emblems for 400 credits?)

- Pvp "Jackpots" using worthless etching mats

- RKHM being a net loss on materials (doesn't need to make people rich, but they need to at least break even, otherwise the only reason to run it is the title.)

No, we aren't good yet. Thank you for fixing something that didn't needed to be changed in the first place though!
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    So, we good?

No, Elite players should die for those achievements :p

Hey, I did. Wasn't looking forward to doing it again.

Cheers EME for the prompt resolution (next time, save yourself the trouble and ask us what we want, yeah? A simple poll works).

They did. They asked the forum masses what they wanted. And the mob answered "We want EU's perma crystal bind! Elite sucks!" It worked out well, don't you think?

Yes, it worked out fine, in fact. The problem is they then decided to change it back, then change it again. Those two extra changes are the trouble I mentioned.
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Good, thank you very much for the actual change back.
    But please EME next time actually ask the community(the player council isnt the community when 80% of them dont play the game anymore) when your making a change that effects people, You might realise something is a bad mistake and avoid getting people pissed off.

Just want to point out that we (player council) weren't asked either. Not to mention we aren't the deciding factor for what EME publishes and what they don't. When I saw the patch notes; I was just as upset as the majority of the community. I do agree there are many player council members who do not play or are very inactive, but don't forget the ones that do and are still trying to do our best for the community. We try to represent the community and bring your concerns to EME. Although, sometimes that process is harder than it seems due to the large amount of tasks EME has on their list.

When you try to help and then see a post like this playing down an actual win based on community / player council interactions, it doesn't encourage that to happen again. This was possible (and very quickly I might add) due to the interactions between player council and EME that would have taken a lot longer if there was no player council. If you have any doubts, check who made the thread that had 20 pages of replies that helped lead to this situation that is perfectly described as a win win win. For achievement hunters, elite players, and EME.

--

As for the thread itself, I wanted to thank EME for turning this situation around. I know there are many other issues still ongoing, but it's nice to see them resolve it so quickly.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    But please EME next time actually ask the community(the player council isnt the community when 80% of them dont play the game anymore) when your making a change that effects people, You might realise something is a bad mistake and avoid getting people pissed off.

Forum users=/=community either. The change was based on people submitting tickets stating they couldn't finish achievements. To say you're more important than they are would be silly.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all!

With Bluehole's help, we are glad to announce that on Thursday, December 21st after maintenance we will be returning the always-on Continuous Crystalbind to our Elite Status player benefits. Also, starting Thursday, getting Elite Status will also grant you the two achievements (if you haven't unlocked them already): Imperfect Crystals and Ideal Crystals. We will also be removing the clickable CCB from the elite status perks hotbar.

We heard you and pushed for a better solution and I'm glad we're able to get it out quickly.

Thanks for the feedback!

-seandynamite-

so @seandynamite I'm guessing until this time then all achievements have been disabled ? I'm currently lvling a new alt and ive noticed I'm receiving none ~ from enchanting the new alts new first weapon nor from the gathering of ore plants spark , or is this a new unrelated problem ?
  • naisu reeeeee
  • iLucky wrote: »
    Just want to point out that we (player council) weren't asked either. Not to mention we aren't the deciding factor for what EME publishes and what they don't. When I saw the patch notes; I was just as upset as the majority of the community. I do agree there are many player council members who do not play or are very inactive, but don't forget the ones that do and are still trying to do our best for the community. We try to represent the community and bring your concerns to EME. Although, sometimes that process is harder than it seems due to the large amount of tasks EME has on their list.
    There is a problem with a player council for a game when most of them dont play, but i do appreciate the ones that do try to make a difference such as yourself but my counter point is theres still ones that seem to not have the community in mind and are just there to try and quiet the community.
    iLucky wrote: »
    When you try to help and then see a post like this playing down an actual win based on community / player council interactions, it doesn't encourage that to happen again. This was possible (and very quickly I might add) due to the interactions between player council and EME that would have taken a lot longer if there was no player council. If you have any doubts, check who made the thread that had 20 pages of replies that helped lead to this situation that is perfectly described as a win win win. For achievement hunters, elite players, and EME.
    Yes i'm aware you made that thread i posted a few times in it and thank you for making it, But also i would of made a thread as well if you hadn't, just by the time i was going to make a thread on it you had already started one and there was no real point spamming more threads.
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Forum users=/=community either. The change was based on people submitting tickets stating they couldn't finish achievements. To say you're more important than they are would be silly.

Your somewhat right that Forum users=/=community but just for me personally if there's no issue with the game i don't really post on the forum, i only go to the forum to express my discontent with a issue that has arisen. If there's no problems i wont be on the forums I'll actually be playing the game. Now how many people who didn't like the change didn't speak up and instead just went and removed their elite instead? I feel like its better to discuss something before we go straight for the mass elite removal. Because i really do like this game i just don't like poor decisions, i would of stopped paying with real money for my elite a long time ago if i didn't like it. I'm not saying I'm more important but i don't want everyone to silently accept a change when it's for the worse instead of for the better, that's how we let the game get to a bad state if we constantly keep accepting this.

While i agree that it isn't fair that they locked it out initially, honestly how many people in terms of the people who play the game who buy elite liked losing their CCB so they could get the achievement percentage wise, maybe 1% at most? These decisions like removing the permanent ccb shouldn't happened in the first place, they could of just apologized and said sorry were looking for a solution for the achievement and then did the solution a week later or two, But hey lets say they did cut off the permanent CCB like they did, what i didn't get is why they decided to not put a bunch of 12 hour CCB's as the temp solutions like it baffles me to no end why they seemed adamant in not giving us 12 hours and instead 3 hours when 12 hour CCB is the norm in game, it wasn't even a threat to the economy of the game. It was like they wanted to say hey we have access to different versions of a item they haven't seen maybe they'll feel special if we have access to looking up different item codes to make it seem like they have a lot of control over the game. I would of been fine with 12 hour CCB's, i wouldn't of complained as much.
    So, we good?
    Yes were good for now, but since were catering to the minority like the achievement hunters, could you look into changing the title for RKEM for the minority of title hunters in the game
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19386/obligatory-patchly-discussion-about-the-hm-gold-title-name/p1
    There was a feedback thread on it and it never got responded to.
    Remember this back with the FIHM patch that tried to use a pun as the title name completely unrelated to the dungeon at hand, seems like a really weird lore title if its called nightmare trainer.
    https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/FIHM-Achievement

Edit: Guess my post was removed from editing it too much so this is a repost
  • edited December 2017
    iLucky wrote: »
    There is a problem with a player council for a game when most of them dont play, but i do appreciate the ones that do try to make a difference such as yourself but my counter point is theres still ones that seem to not have the community in mind and are just there to try and quiet the community.
    That's not what I'm trying to do at all. I'm sorry that it's misunderstood, even though I tried endlessly to explain why I was doing what I was doing and furthering the discussion. As a result of the discussion in that thread I was able to synthesize everyone's concerns and present a clean summary of the issue to the EME staff. I was able to put concrete suggestions forward as ways to address the issue that also considered their rationale for the change. And, FWIW, I play TERA. If you ever think I'm trying to "quiet the community," you don't understand me, and you're completely wrong. I was/am always trying to arrive at compromises I think they are actually likely to accept.
  • Minds still blown that people on the player council dont play or are either very inactive. Was it a popularity contest? "I vote so and so because they had the cutest elin on Ch" what......the......lol....nevermind....
  • And now when we all said our thanks for ccb we can go and buy some more stuff as we have new "event" going.
    This is also important thing to fix - our events are discouraging, almost non existing.
  • Thank you for bringing perm CCB back!
  • > @seandynamite said:
    > So, we good?

Thank you for this.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm not saying I'm more important

That is exactly what you are saying though. You're just sugar coating that with a long rational to appeal to the wider audience, making a "stand" as it were, but mostly for you're own sake. And, no, I don`t have a problem with that. I respect it. Though you might as well admit it, at this point. To me it seems like you're just trying argue. Which is cool, I love reading other peoples arguments. But yours seems abit over the top, and overly self righteous. Then again, I suppose staffs member wouldn't tell you that to you're face, to keep up cretin appearances.

See, as a customer myself, I feel that my needs are the only ones that matter. Because in my mind, you, the player council, the EME staff, is here to cater my own needs in various shapes and forms, and even seemingly good Samaritans like yourself also play an important part, because you can complain over things for me. Every tool has a use, and I can selectively disregard any opinion or remark which does not serve my interests. Same goes for people that seem overly bias, and SJW`s that sprout nonsense just for sake of coming out as "caring". Can you see my point? 120% selfishness. There is no need to put up this act, just own it.

And... you seem to be making a big deal over nothing. The CCB thing isn`t a big deal imo, and paying for Elite with real money is on you.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thank you for removing and adding it back but why did the dungeons were nerfed? Is this some sort of masochistic game?