The blast from the past

i'm pretty sure many players remember it. it was a great thing for low level dungeons since queue times were super short even for dps classes and new players could enjoy the game, not waiting for ages for IM to pop up. too many times i see complaints in global from new players who wait for 30+ minutes for a run. as an old player with log in and guild buffs and bis gear for certain level i can solo any dungen, but new players who have no idea about gear or boss mechanics will have a hard time soloing it.
hopefully EME staff will consider the idea of returning it back to game.
@Halrath @Spacecats

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now I just want to kills some Fat Santa, and it seems we won't even be getting that. I have absolutely no expectations to Tera, I am playing way less, and would spend money on this game. Just sticking around for my characters.

Tera at this point is not worth to be focused as a game. It is still fun because of the origin design with characters/classes/combat but when you were here around 5 years, then you tested almost all of it or all of it since there was not much added and also things weren't fixed, just got removed.

Tera is a extra cash for BHS so they can focus on other 2 games. Only thing I hope that somebody make a Tera like MMO or buy Tera's right, because BHS will never fix or improve Tera.
  • I would totally agree to have it back. It would help so much for the lower level players as well as level 65 players, if the emblems or gold was added to the reward for finishing it. I doubt anyone would do it if the reward was insignificant to the level 65s. So in my opinion it would be great but for a good deal for a reward.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    For now I just want to kills some Fat Santa, and it seems we won't even be getting that. I have absolutely no expectations to Tera, I am playing way less, and would spend money on this game. Just sticking around for my characters.

Tera at this point is not worth to be focused as a game. It is still fun because of the origin design with characters/classes/combat but when you were here around 5 years, then you tested almost all of it or all of it since there was not much added and also things weren't fixed, just got removed.

Tera is a extra cash for BHS so they can focus on other 2 games. Only thing I hope that somebody make a Tera like MMO or buy Tera's right, because BHS will never fix or improve Tera.

I feel like tera is 2 different games now, one is people trying to max out gear and dungeons...the tryhards, and the others are playing dress up and buying new mounts to afk in velika with. these are the top 2 types that I mainly see now.
    I would love to see a company buy out the rights to tera and bring back all of the removed content, and make tera a great game again. add in stuff that needed to be added in a long time ago, have extra side things to do like bdo has, and so on. take a little from other games and put into tera. make a in game dps meter for those that want to know how they are doing, have rng boxes for the dyable versions of a costume. bring back account bound mounts, bring back open world pvp servers, alliances, iod, listen to the players and their suggestions, have holiday themed flying mounts...like a flying broom, a flying reindeer, a flying sleigh or carriage that you ride inside of, a flying rocket style fire cracker , take down the invisible barriers so we could explore again, make the zone quests worth doing , slow down the leveling and make it where you get needed stuff in those areas. theres so many things that could be done with tera but I feel like bhs has given up on tera and only does the bare minimum to keep it open for cash grabs. I fear that it may be too little too late whatever they do now. I feel the damage has been too great for it to bounce back. hopefully the consoles will save tera and spark new intrest into it and maybe bhs will do what is needed to keep tera going and growing. wow is over 10 years old and is still the top mmorpg out there. why cant tera at least be number 2?
  • Ves1978 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure many players remember it. it was a great thing for low level dungeons since queue times were super short even for dps classes and new players could enjoy the game, not waiting for ages for IM to pop up. too many times i see complaints in global from new players who wait for 30+ minutes for a run. as an old player with log in and guild buffs and bis gear for certain level i can solo any dungen, but new players who have no idea about gear or boss mechanics will have a hard time soloing it.
    hopefully EME staff will consider the idea of returning it back to game.
    @Halrath @Spacecats

I would love to see this happen. There's not much to do at end game at the moment and this would be great to bring back. Not to mention the leveling has been sped up to the point that most of the dungeons, zone quest, and story quest can be skipped. Playing the Kuma battleground is more of a chore and I would rather run the dungeons to level my toons.

I have to agree with the other post about how Tera PC isn't the focus any more. EME is focusing on the console at the moment. BHS's resources are going to A:IR and Tera mobile. I wouldn't be surprised if practically all updates for Tera were stopped after A:IR is released.

Unfortunately, I think this is common for Korean MMORPG's. As of yet, I don't know of any Korean based MMORPG's that actually had good content that was consistently updated, as opposed to a grind fest. I could be wrong, but I believe this has always been a problem with games from that region. Pretty games that are ultimately shallow.
  • If I remember correctly they took blast from the past out for ruining new players experience because all the 65s would run through to the bosses etc and the new players couldnt keep up or didnt feel like they were leaarning/experiencing the content
  • Kaevius wrote: »
    If I remember correctly they took blast from the past out for ruining new players experience because all the 65s would run through to the bosses etc and the new players couldnt keep up or didnt feel like they were learning/experiencing the content

That and I remember some of the skills were not really compatible with lowered levels and such. Think about how much HP a berserker eats through while overcharging and how many ticks of that can be supported with a ~10k health pool in BoL for example.

It's a shame too since I do like running those leveling dungeons at times.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaevius wrote: »
    If I remember correctly they took blast from the past out for ruining new players experience because all the 65s would run through to the bosses etc and the new players couldnt keep up or didnt feel like they were leaarning/experiencing the content

Yeah that was the case, I even made a thread about it. I suggested BHS to design lower dungeons like Sabex, room to room clear. But they just removed it, easier way. Like Alliance, we said fix the gold and PVP balance, they just removed it lol.
  • I believe that "the blast from the past" had been removed since the rewards for LV65 (or 60) were not worth at all so that they became less interested in it.

Well, this thing was great for new players and TERA itself, but if dev's have a plan to bring it back, they must add some USUFUL REWARDS for the people who participate. Otherwise, it will be dead again.

Reward is the greatest motivation for people who play a game. Simply think about CS, Grid, and 3s. People rather run FWC even when the hightlighted jackpot is not fwc. WHY? cuz the reward from those bgs are useless; eg) no chance to get essence
  • I loved BFTP. It's a shame that BHS was too lazy to work out all the kinks and just scrapped it. Oh well, maybe EME can ask BHS to add it to the long list of things we want but will likely never see.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Beom wrote: »
    I believe that "the blast from the past" had been removed since the rewards for LV65 (or 60) were not worth at all so that they became less interested in it.

Well, this thing was great for new players and TERA itself, but if dev's have a plan to bring it back, they must add some USUFUL REWARDS for the people who participate. Otherwise, it will be dead again.

Well it was introduced as a level 60 system, so the rewards (except for Semis really) were bad at 65. With the new system change all the rewards would have to be updated anyways. That plus working out the skill issues, such as Zerks literally committing [filtered] due to overcharge or Priests being able to just pop kaias and watch their party never die, and making the Time Travel gear actually do something since it was always out performed by a low level with an avatar weapon.

The system was an amazing system in my opinion and it helped low level queues pop quicker. Back then so many people complained that dungeons were just rushed and they couldn't do the story quests, but now people complain the queues don't pop while also crying that the dungeons are rushed and they can't do story quests.....sooo :shrug: 1 issue is better than 2.

Sadly EmE themselves cannot bring this system back, perhaps they can suggest it to BHS but that involves them updating and bringing back that system so the chances of it returning are small.
    papy10k wrote: »
    why no one talks about bgs rewards, those are USELESS AS [filtered].

People do complain that the BGs have lackluster rewards, however this isn't the thread to do so on. Create one of your own expressing your concerns and suggestions to fix it, maybe you'll have luck but it'll probably just be ignored by EmE like all the others.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Beom wrote: »
    I believe that "the blast from the past" had been removed since the rewards for LV65 (or 60) were not worth at all so that they became less interested in it.

Well it was introduced as a level 60 system, so the rewards (except for Semis really) were bad at 65. With the new system change all the rewards would have to be updated anyways. That plus working out the skill issues, such as Zerks literally committing [filtered] due to overcharge or Priests being able to just pop kaias and watch their party never die, and making the Time Travel gear actually do something since it was always out performed by a low level with an avatar weapon.

The system was an amazing system in my opinion and it helped low level queues pop quicker. Back then so many people complained that dungeons were just rushed and they couldn't do the story quests, but now people complain the queues don't pop while also crying that the dungeons are rushed and they can't do story quests.....sooo :shrug: 1 issue is better than 2.

Sadly EmE themselves cannot bring this system back, perhaps they can suggest it to BHS but that involves them updating and bringing back that system so the chances of it returning are small.
    papy10k wrote: »
    why no one talks about bgs rewards, those are USELESS AS [filtered].

People do complain that the BGs have lackluster rewards, however this isn't the thread to do so on. Create one of your own expressing your concerns and suggestions to fix it, maybe you'll have luck but it'll probably just be ignored by EmE like all the others.

people will always find something to cry about... but this way we could keep new players interested in game for a while.
  • It might shed some light if taking a look at the old forum posts here from long ago on the issues in bftp and why it was removed.

Some notable ones:
    Blast from the Past Oops I mean Rush right Past
    Why remove Blast from the Past
    Blast from the Past Removal May-5th

Also it helps to do a search on this forum, because this topic has been brought up quite a few times before.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is keep an eye on what happens in Korea. If it one day makes a return there, then of course we can expect to see it Soon (TM).
    But they will never bring it back just for us. It would create an inconsistency between our game and theirs, which would make it harder to copy and paste recycled content once every 3 months. :^)
  • Ammutseba wrote: »
    I have to agree with the other post about how Tera PC isn't the focus any more. EME is focusing on the console at the moment. BHS's resources are going to A:IR and Tera mobile. I wouldn't be surprised if practically all updates for Tera were stopped after A:IR is released.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure its going to happen soon. Things are looking pretty grim for TERA even if its dying very slowly.