[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Stop enticing new players to buy your "crazy 74% off bundles" lying

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Accusing? Asking a question is accusing?

question : noun
    a sentence or phrase used to find out information:

accusing: adjective
    (of an expression, gesture, or tone of voice) indicating a belief in someone's guilt or culpability.

Calm yourself down next time before posting :+1: dont think A PC member should be using that kind of language

Oh, shove it. You insinuated that I was wrong about something when I was not, and that it was because I didn't play the game, when I play plenty. I don't have to take your [filtered].
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    I think the only problem with getting a lv 60 scroll to play right away is that...you don't have any gold for the skills. Like, if you included in the pack an emerald or two, that sure helps.

When you use a level 60 scroll, you get all the level 60 skills automatically. And then if you do the FoA storyline, you should get enough gold for the skills at level 61 and on.

??? no you dont. Do you even play this game ?

Level 60 Scroll
    Upon use, this character instantly levels up to level 60 and gains all applicable skills. Not usable by characters level 60 and higher. No gold is granted with this item.

What does have to do knowing or not what that item do with playing the game?

Oh, right, you only make post to attack EME or users that don't share your hatred against EME.

Since you just called me out for no reason, enjoy the report. Another among many ! :)

Feel free to do and continue doing it, I see that has been working for you, right?

I wonder when was the last time I got jailed, shadow banned or suspended from forums?

Sure, support and mods have read the thread and figure out the quality of the reports. :)
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    What is even the point of this topic? It's a great way to get new players into TERA.. people complain about everything these days.
    Ayi wrote: »
    What is even the point of this topic? It's a great way to get new players into TERA.. people complain about everything these days.

This kind of thread is like being at Mc Donalds and then having a mother yelling at the cashier to stop enticing children to buy a McDonald's Happy Box.
    Margarethe wrote: »

This kind of thread is like being at Mc Donalds and then having a mother yelling at the cashier to stop enticing children to buy a McDonald's Happy Box.

Like this?
    dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3203009/Kids-need-eat-23-Happy-Meals-just-two-months-collect-books-McDonald-s-new-books-giveaway.html

articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/15/business/la-fi-mcdonalds-lawsuit-20101215

Poor comparison.

Is not a poor comparison at all, is most likely the best posible comparison and about how the law is applied on courts, you should have shared us what was the court veredict about that issue.

Would you be kind enought to do so?

I mean, I always read stuff about people suing companies and politician's and most of that fails to win over the courts.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

Like this?
    dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3203009/Kids-need-eat-23-Happy-Meals-just-two-months-collect-books-McDonald-s-new-books-giveaway.html

Poor comparison.

Yeah, very poor comparison.
    This forum manages to be even more pathetic and won't warrant a lawsuit. Nobody here would have the lack of brains and enough b.a.l.l.s to do it (yeah, plural of ball is a censored word on our happy-meal friendly forum), tho I'm actually sure they have the former just not the later.

Or actually, I would really sit here to see someone going that low. It would be next level amusing.

I guess none of you have bought cheapo chinese stuff, "Hi-Fi Stereo Surround 8.1 Digital Earphones" for $1.99. This one you could even try to go against them since there's no way it complies with the claims, but you know, that's just it's name...

I'm really amused that a promotion that you've never needed to buy offends these guys so much, but hey, they've gotten offended about the Christmas cards, so no wonder. On top of that, people even agreed with this.
  • mewsumewsu ✭✭✭
    a great way to get new players into TERA, you say? by giving them gear that they don't need at... lvl 60? then you do the velika quests for oh, guess what... another set that you'll most likely discard if you feel like grabbing the lvl 62 gear sabex drops or, in a few hours once you reach lvl 65 and obtain guardian.
  • edited December 2017
    mewsu wrote: »
    a great way to get new players into TERA, you say? by giving them gear that they don't need at... lvl 60? then you do the velika quests for oh, guess what... another set that you'll most likely discard if you feel like grabbing the lvl 62 gear sabex drops or, in a few hours once you reach lvl 65 and obtain guardian.

The gear is purely because the alternative (if you're using a scroll) is that you start FoA quests with no gear, and no gold at all. You still need something to kill the bears and other required quest kills. They should have simply called it "starter gear" and be over with it.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I think the only problem with getting a lv 60 scroll to play right away is that...you don't have any gold for the skills. Like, if you included in the pack an emerald or two, that sure helps.

When you use a level 60 scroll, you get all the level 60 skills automatically. And then if you do the FoA storyline, you should get enough gold for the skills at level 61 and on.

nope i only dance with my cute elin in velika :3
    Yes, you learn all the level 60 skills when you use the scroll. I just tested to confirm.

15d76b361c.png

Seriously, [filtered] you for accusing me of lying and not playing the game, [filtered].

first time i see counterpoint swear and go so mad :3

Like this?

Poor comparison.

well 23 happy meal in 60 days, i dont think is too much, just buy them a happy meal every 48 hours, it will be fine :)
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭

Level 60 Scroll
    Upon use, this character instantly levels up to level 60 and gains all applicable skills. Not usable by characters level 60 and higher. No gold is granted with this item.

What does have to do knowing or not what that item do with playing the game?

Oh, right, you only make post to attack EME or users that don't share your hatred against EME.

Since you just called me out for no reason, enjoy the report. Another among many ! :)
    Yes, you learn all the level 60 skills when you use the scroll. I just tested to confirm.

15d76b361c.png

Seriously, [filtered] you for accusing me of lying and not playing the game, [filtered].

Accusing? Asking a question is accusing?

question : noun
    a sentence or phrase used to find out information:

accusing: adjective
    (of an expression, gesture, or tone of voice) indicating a belief in someone's guilt or culpability.

Calm yourself down next time before posting :+1: dont think A PC member should be using that kind of language

Yikes, man. I mean, Counterpoint was right, you were wrong. Do you even play this game? LOL

On topic, I think the wording for the gear is odd/wrong for sure. I get they're trying to help move new players through the story quest but I would have phrased it differently. I think if they run an event/promotion like this again they should consider using gems and glyph boxes, at the very least. If they're trying to bring in new players would be nice to see a small boost given to them. You may get all your 60 skills but I'm not sure you have enough gold to buy the level 61 skills unless you are further into the story quest. I usually just run SA when I level so I've forgotten exactly how much gold you earn as you progress. :c
    Too many lawsuits to find those in particular, would require time.
    Or better search knowledge on the subject.
    Most were dismissed though.

My point was, unsure why "a mother yelling at the cashier to stop enticing children to buy a McDonald's Happy Box", has anything to do with the situation being discussed here?
    That is a whole different subject with many controversial issues.

Or are we children asking our parents for their credit cards to purchase EME's products?
    Anyone purchasing the bundle being discussed in this thread, is doing so of their own volition.

Some are simply showing their discontent with the bundle.
    Others disagree, and believe the bundle is worth it.
    Anyone that read those is, of course, free to make their own choice to purchase or not.

Also, cannot believe I searched the happy meal subject.

It was nice to read, I didn't stop with only those two topics you shared in that post but went over two years just out of curiosity.

Now, I understand why you said is a bad comparison however is not about if you are a child or not in this case in both cases you are attracted over a promotional article just to find out the content is not worth in your judgement.

Being said that the post is not really discusing about that promo itself but pointing out flaws on how it was worded, thing that I concur with the OP. That's why you didn't see me here when this post in the first place, until it was derailed from the same OP and other forum user out ot nothing, you can even see that yourself, the thread was derailed since the first page where you even post a reply to one of them.
  • i'll agree the "bargain" is kinda bad but aslong as the 60 scroll is tradeable i'd say it's a better deal for your emp than most you can buy on there tbh.
    $20 worth of emp is 2200 sell that for 1:35 = 77k or something
    before the event level 60 was selling on CH for 100k
    emp cost for it would be like 174k
    technically it's a good deal to buy can't fault them there but I also can't think of many who would be bothered to buy it.
    it all really comes down to if you don't want it don't buy it.
  • XeirylXeiryl ✭✭✭
    is this the hill yall wanna die on
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeiryl wrote: »
    is this the hill yall wanna die on

It's a fierce battle for a noble cause after all