[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Stop enticing new players to buy your "crazy 74% off bundles" lying

1235»

Comments

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Between CP going off and players telling EME off, this is how I feel.
  • That popcorn with turducken flavor ?
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    The whole thing looks like an event box for new players that had been originally planned for an event either when level 60 was the cap or when Fate of Arun first came out (when levelling wasn't so fast). At that time, it would have been appropriate.

Today, let's think about it.
    1) Gear: You get level 58 gear from the level 58 red story line which is automatically highlighted in Kaiator. This is sufficient to start the level 60 quests. Heck, if I'm not mistaken, you even get posted level 58 gear upon hitting level 60 now. @counterpoint

So, you're left with a spare set of gear from the box that you won't even use.

2) Level 60 scroll: If you're a new player, you get 100% EXP boosts from Buddy Up. And they total a month of real world time, ample time for someone new to the game to work their way to 65.

For a current player, working 8 - 5 5 days a week, you can do it in a week, two if you're really busy. And that time is even less if you're a hard core gamer or well connected.

3) 15 Days Elite: That's what, 7.50 USD normally, or 5~6 USD if you managed to sub whenever EME run their sales on the Elite Subscription.

IMO, the gear as it is is a non-starter because the game gives you it already. It might be something that would be considered by people that have never played Tera before and thus might not have a full grasp of how story quests work, even after Stepstone, but even then, most cases of new players I've seen saying 'I can't kill the bears. Please Help.' are usually met by experienced players that help them get to Kaiator for the level 58 gear.

If it was end-game 65 Frostmetal or Twistshard, then I'd be all for it because 65 is where you really learn the game and enchanting Guardian for a new player is a nightmare because of the gold costs (KTERA recently reduced the gold costs for enchanting in recognition of this).

The level 60 scroll could be worth it, because of levelling culture on NA compared to other regions. If this were other regions, I'd have jumped on it because the levelling culture is generally slower than on NA.

The Elite is so-so, a nice-ish perk for a new player that might of only seen the level 60 scroll and discovered the perks of being able to get around and trade.

All in all, the whole thing looks like an event box for new players.
  • FluffnificentFluffnificent ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Let's see,
    1 buy a package
    2 sell the boost for half off
    3 buy 2 months elite with the gold
    4 get 2 1/2 months elite for the price of 1
    5 ?
    6 profit

Looks win / win from my house
    Let's see,
    1 buy a package
    5 ?
    6 profit

I wonder if the prices of Level 60 Scrolls on MT tanked by at least half to reflect this event, because the whales there are known to do stuff like that whenever something like this happens.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    Definition of high end:
    -Intended for people who want very good quality products and who do not mind how much they cost:
    High-end video equipment/a high-end department store

-Wanting very good quality products, and willing to pay a lot of money for them:
    High-end consumers

Source:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/high-end

Clearly, misleading.

Eh.. u mislead yourself.. no one can do anything about that..
    High-end video equipment = superior video equipment
    Level 58 high-end gear = brainz exploded???
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look, im not here to teach english. This is not even an english learning lesson forum.
    People could've just politely asked EME's staff and gm for any clarification if they have a doubt on the term used in the offer deal. Instead of going "stop enticing zjdkjhlkj lying iiokjxm EME kjhkhxczkjxzkj go die!!" rage.

This whole thread reminds me of the offer for rainbow butterfly wing that u get as a gift if u purchased 20k emp, before this.
    It was hilarious then, it's still hilarious now. A little bit sad, but, what can i do about it.. if people wanna make an asz out of themselves.
    :flushed:
  • > @clfarron4 said:
    > Fluffnificent wrote: »
    >
    > Let's see,
    > 1 buy a package
    > 2 sell the boost for half off
    > 3 buy 2 months elite with the gold
    > 4 get 2 1/2 months elite for the price of 1
    > 5 ?
    > 6 profit
    >
    > Looks win / win from my house
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wonder if the prices of Level 60 Scrolls on MT tanked by at least half to reflect this event, because the whales there are known to do stuff like that whenever something like this happens.

Even if it ranked to 25% that's still one and a half months of elite for the price of one.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest we open another forums category for English language grammar classes and debates.
    This thread clearly shows it's a hot topic around here
  • edited December 2017
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    1) Gear: You get level 58 gear from the level 58 red story line which is automatically highlighted in Kaiator. This is sufficient to start the level 60 quests. Heck, if I'm not mistaken, you even get posted level 58 gear upon hitting level 60 now. @counterpoint

For what it's worth (since I tested this yesterday), when you use a scroll you only get a weapon, but no other gear. (Yes, if you know, you could go do the level 58 quest to get more, but it doesn't just come to you automatically.) I guess it's possible that only using the weapon you could still kill the bears with the rest of your gear being level 1... but having the full set is obviously better, even though it will be fully-replaced shortly after you get off the ship. So basically the whole problem was just that, in reading the ad copy, the gear seems to be "over-sold". If they had just called it starter gear, I suspect it wouldn't have gotten this reaction.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    "High end gear."

LAL!
  • First world problems much ?
    Let's see,
    1 buy a package
    5 ?
    6 profit

I had a look at prices of Elite and Level 60 Scrolls on MT and It's as I predicted. In the last week of December:

- Elite 30 Day Vouchers prices hovered at around 50k
    - Level 60 Scrolls tanked from 110k on 12/19 to 60k on 12/29. No Level 60 Scrolls on MT were sold via the broker between 12/19 and 12/29.

That's effectively a 1:1 to me.