[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Double Drop not on

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    @7D6HAXWL3X your best part dropped by the leg of your father,. Do you get rewarded for being such t*at?

p.s. okay with being banned for this post.
  • UpperDownUpperDown ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    They meant "January 5 at 12 a.m. PST" as in today's midnight, hence event not on. You monkeys understand?
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    There are two drop bonus mechs in play now.

Drop Rate: Increases the number of times the game runs through the loot table. 2x Drop Rate = Double the number of loot items.

Drop Chance: Increases the probabilities of items dropping on the loot table. 2x Drop Chance = Doubles the probability of each item to drop before running through the loot table. Same number of items as standard drops.

@Spacecats @Denommenator @seandynamite Did you use the same type of drop on both of them?

> @UpperDown said:
    > They meant "January 5 at 12 a.m. PST" as in today's midnight, hence event not on. You monkeys understand?

PoP is double drop though from event right now, GG is not.
    >Beginning Friday, January 5 at 12 a.m. PST
    12 am is 0.00 of friday and already was for pst, no?
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This is indeed confusing because we are used with the event starting usually at PM but now it is AM so it already started around 4hrs37minutes ago if i am not mistaking.

And about the rubies part... i have to take EME's side on this one because i have played on the Manahan server on EU which has double drop permanently from all dungeons and many times i did get x2 rubies stacks when doing Ghillieglade/Pit of Petrax.. so in other words we do have double drop as in double the items but still rubies are extremely common so they might drop the most ( i know.. kinda defeats the purpose of a double drop week end but this is how it is xD ).
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    eme make up for a fail with a fail. gg
    i rushed home for nothing
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

who picks that randoma$$ time anyways?! its just like the 3 hour cbb..
    just do it maintenance time ffs.
    the times and duration of this event is pretty ridiculous.
  • Any news about Ghillieglade?
    > @HAAYAAKD43 said:
    > StitchedSoul wrote: »
    >
    > >Beginning Friday, January 5 at 12 a.m. PST
    > 12 am is 0.00 of friday and already was for pst, no?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > who picks that randoma$$ time anyways?! its just like the 3 hour cbb..
    > just do it maintenance time ffs.
    > the times and duration of this event is pretty ridiculous.

agree, why not to make it since reset of vanguards for example? At least not in the middle of the night.
    But the thing is that our complain more likely wont change anything.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

12am is midday not midnite its only 2an atn wait another 10hrs pplz
  • edited January 2018
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Drop Rate: Increases the number of times the game runs through the loot table. 2x Drop Rate = Double the number of loot items.

Drop Chance: Increases the probabilities of items dropping on the loot table. 2x Drop Chance = Doubles the probability of each item to drop before running through the loot table. Same number of items as standard drops.

I wasn't under the impression that there were different types of events.

The way they seemed to explain it, an item with 25% chance under the new system would double to 50% chance. But an item with 75% chance would double to 150% chance, so you'll either get 1 or 2 (but never 0).

Under the old system, an item with 25% chance would have 2 chances at 25%, so you'd either get 0, 1, or 2. Under the new system, you'd either get 0 or 1.

If that's how it works, then instances that drop large amounts of items at low chance would see less of an impact (you'd see more "reliable" drops) than instances that drop small amounts of items at high chance (you'd see more "quantity" drops).

Then again, it wasn't very clearly explained, so this could be totally wrong. But it did seem to match the behaviour that happened last time around... until now.

In any case, who knows. It's not doing what people expect for a double drop (if it's even doing anything), so they'll have to look at it.

(By the way, I don't think the speculation about the schedule is correct. It was supposed to be 0:00 PST today, which is 08:00 UTC. It should have happened about 3 hours ago, and the in-game notification did come on.)
    > @tisnotme said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 12am is midday not midnite its only 2an atn wait another 10hrs pplz

oke ty. Times zones in us as for eu player are a mess for me.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @tisnotme said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 12am is midday not midnite its only 2an atn wait another 10hrs pplz

oke ty. Times zones in us as for eu player are a mess for me.

it ends up being 4am Sat for me 12am midday Friday PST
  • UpperDown wrote: »
    They meant "January 5 at 12 a.m. PST" as in today's midnight, hence event not on. You monkeys understand?

I can't believe i signed on to respond to this but here we go. Full context sentence "Beginning Friday, January 5 at 12 a.m. PST through Sunday, January 7 at 11:59 p.m. PST, we’ve doubled the drop rates for the solo dungeons Ghillieglade and Pit of Petrax! Double your chances to double your haul!". 12 a.m. is indeed ambiguous to some people however new years was the 1st. What happens on the 1st of January? We ring in the new year at what time? 12 a.m. or midnight. That is to say it is to say January 1st begins at 12:00 a.m. and December 31st's final minute is 11:59 p.m..

Moving on for more context in the sentence alone it ends at January 7 11:59 p.m.. That should immediately clear up any ambiguity on the start time not being listed as 12:01 a.m. as it is clear they intend to end it on Sunday the 7th and for it to run as soon as Friday starts.

Had you even bothered to log on you would have seen the messages for the events themselves in the event rolling pane or that the vanguard rewards were tripled just by pressing h. All of this was too much for you so you needed to come here all high and mighty like you have critical reading skill's which you are clearly lacking and call everyone monkeys, and in another thread "zoo kept monkeys. No one is fooled by your attempt to call people stupid and/or idiots in a masked way.

As we can clearly see the event was indeed meant to fire at midnight Friday or for those of you lacking critical reading skills 12:00:01 to help you understand midnight always add the extra second to it until you learn that the day starts at midnight.
  • This is the best double drop event I've ever attended. You the best EME guys! <3
    (Sarcasm) :/