The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

RK EM last boss Mystic PoV

Hi guys,

Here's a run of mine in RK-9 "Extreme" Mode with mystic hints. Hope it helps rookie healers do better in RK, as well as other roles (DD/tank) get a better perspective of what a healer does there.
If you have any questions (about previous bosses perhaps?) or something's not up to your liking, do ask/shared below. Different people have different expectations/perceptions, so there is more than one way of doing things. If you think you know best, then you surely have what to learn. Sometimes things we think are stupid turn out to be actually better than what we thought. Or we didn't know what we were doing wrong until someone pointed it out. As I wrote in the video, don't let others sort of bully you if you don't do things exactly as they would expect you to. Still, do consider fulfilling their requests if that's not too much trouble for you. In the end of the day, the more flexible you are, the better a healer you will become.

Cheers,
Sun

Comments

• JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    You can res bait right after the shield is removed at 95% by the way. So your notes on "fake res" are misleading.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    You can res bait right after the shield is removed at 95% by the way. So your notes on "fake res" are misleading.
    Hey,

What exactly is misleading in 'Fake res ASAP to delay next attack'? I'm even pointing viewers' attention at the clock, so they can sort of plan their next res bait. Yes, I guess there's no need to "wait" for the 'Shard protection removed' message but I think 'fake res ASAP' is as close to 'right after the shield is removed' as it possibly can be. :-)
  • ZereaZerea ✭✭
    Pretty solid video. My only complaint is how you aren't keeping track of the normal targetting attack and most times you end up turning boss nearly 90 degrees when he turns to target you. You do a great job going to the front for res baits but don't do it for the normal targets.

Other than that, good job. You seem to have a strong grasp of what's important and hopefully learning healers will find it helpful.
  • SunflareSunflare ✭✭
    edited January 11
    Zerea wrote: »
    Pretty solid video. My only complaint is how you aren't keeping track of the normal targetting attack and most times you end up turning boss nearly 90 degrees when he turns to target you.
    Thanks! :)

That is correct indeed because I don't know whether the regular tracking bomb is timed at all and if it targets only the person furthest away in general. I've seen it target people at melee range and at random intervals. Maybe I should've looked it up before uploading the vid indeed.

I just did a last boss run and it kept targeting an archer while he was at melee range.

As for the res bait - it doesn't activate before the barrier gets removed, i.e. using it before the timer starts does nothing unless you do it after you see the message. @JXE5356AKE

• Sunflare wrote: »

As for the res bait - it doesn't activate before the barrier gets removed, i.e. using it before the timer starts does nothing unless you do it after you see the message. @JXE5356AKE

Huh? I said after the shield is removed in my original post, no mention of anything before.

The regular tracking bomb has some internal CD, but I'm not sure the exact number. The healers I run with are in front of the boss most of the time to minimize turning.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Huh? I said after the shield is removed in my original post, no mention of anything before.
    Then what exactly is misleading in my notes about fake res? You're confusing me.

As for healer positioning - this is up to individual preference. I'm not going to tell practising EM healers that they must stay behind the tank at all times because this is not a prerequisite for a successful run. Moreover, it makes their job harder, and they surely don't need this unnecessary stress for their first runs. Later everyone can experiment and see what works best for them and their party.
    I personally like to have 'eye contact' with everyone in the party and be within 1 jaunt distance of them. Also, when I'm behind the tank, I have to constantly worry about my auras' range, especially when I have rangers. And there's the forced FoV change if the camera 'hits' a wall behind me. If those I'm running with are so bad that they can't deal with the occasional boss's turning or insist this actually helps them (lol), then I could of course fulfill their request for the current run but surely not on a regular basis. If they want a healer puppet, they can look for someone else next time. Just like I don't tell them how to play their roles, I expect them not to tell me how to do my duties unless it's really counter-productive. Then I can give them my opinion about their performance and I'd welcome theirs about my performance.
  • ZereaZerea ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Sunflare wrote: »
    Pretty solid video. My only complaint is how you aren't keeping track of the normal targetting attack and most times you end up turning boss nearly 90 degrees when he turns to target you.
    Thanks! :)

That is correct indeed because I don't know whether the regular tracking bomb is timed at all and if it targets only the person furthest away in general. I've seen it target people at melee range and at random intervals. Maybe I should've looked it up before uploading the vid indeed.

I just did a last boss run and it kept targeting an archer while he was at melee range.
    The first one will come anywhere from ~9:25-9:35 and every 1:40-2:00 afterwards (almost always favoring close to the 2:00 end of that range) and almost always immediately precedes a shield which is on an identical timer (the first one being at ~8:00). The reason for the large variation in timing is because the boss is not consistent based on if the time rolls over during another attack and I've seen a couple cases of Target>S-Bomb>Shield as opposed to the typical Target>Shield. But generally speaking if you start heading towards the front at ~8:10, ~6:10, etc... You can expect the target to either occur shortly after the 00 mark or you at least know mentally the attack is "queued up" and the boss just needs to empty his attack queue.

As for apparently targeting melee range people, you are either too far or they are farther from the boss than you. If you are greater than ~22m from the boss you do not exist to the targeting mechanic and it will instead target the next farthest. Otherwise, the ranged DPS are taking too much space and need to be hugging closer/you need to be farther. Most of the times that this happens to me is when a target immediately follows an S Bomb and my healer doesn't immediately back up after dodging. Depending on how they chose to dodge the S we'll be at practically the same safe range temporarily and that's just enough to boss to target me over them.
  • SunflareSunflare ✭✭
    edited January 16
    I've seen a couple cases of Target>S-Bomb>Shield as opposed to the typical Target>Shield. But generally speaking if you start heading towards the front at ~8:10, ~6:10, etc... You can expect the target to either occur shortly after the 00 mark or you at least know mentally the attack is "queued up" and the boss just needs to empty his attack queue.
    I've had quite a few wipes because of Target>S-Bomb>Shield - if 2 ppl die to it, it's RIP. :grin:

I've noticed the first Target comes around 8:15 if everything goes smoothly. I did EM tonight on priest for the first time. Seemed easier to get the regular Targets, as I didn't need to go near the boss except for In/Out and Area Check. Obviously, dodging the Target was a bit stressful but one gets used to it after finding their own way of doing it. While mystic has it easy mode dodging the Target, giving mana is usually what makes these regular Targets fail to target me when having a ranger or two in party. The alternative is to never give MP but I'm not used to being only half-useful. This is why I feel very uneasy when everyone is using Combat Accelerator and I don't need to feed them any mana whatsoever. q_q
    As for apparently targeting melee range people, you are either too far or they are farther from the boss than you. If you are greater than ~22m from the boss you do not exist to the targeting mechanic and it will instead target the next farthest. Otherwise, the ranged DPS are taking too much space and need to be hugging closer/you need to be farther.
    There's this moment when they are way too close and you're afraid to res someone because Area Check could take place, and I can't afford to wait half a minute every time I need to res someone. I sometimes have to ask them to back off, so I can move closer to boss. :angry: It makes no difference to them but means a great deal to me because getting 3 ppl killed with the melee stun, while very funny :lol:, doesn't make me feel too good about wiping the whole party. :smile:

• FonzyFonzy ✭✭
    edited January 23
    Overall it's a pretty solid gameplay but please, do not turn the boss. you're a mystic, it should be just fine for you to stay in front of the boss, behind the tank, and avoid getting hit and still being able to give full support to your party members. most of the reason why people rather run with mystics in rk is because mystics can avoid turning the boss. thus giving your party free dps. the boss's mechanics already are a pain, the dps and tank do not need to struggle with the boss's position because the healer isn't helping with that. anyway, really nice of you making this guide and thanks for taking your time to do it, I hope it'll help a lot of people.