[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Mystic Question: Auto lock on heal & extreme range

As everyone is aware the mystic is quite broken right now due to the auto lock on for heal and cleanse. The range is also insane (you can lock on and heal right across a dungeon or velika outskirts)

Has it been answered if these 2 "features" were intended?

Is priest getting auto lock on and heal range increased to the same distance?

Comments

• I thought the range was a bug, but I'm not quite sure.
  • XeirylXeiryl ✭✭✭
    they’ve claimed it was a bug but afaik it has yet to be fixed several months later
  • I dont think you can heal, you can shoot the spell, but it doesnt to any healing.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @Xyniana said:
    > I dont think you can heal, you can shoot the spell, but it doesnt to any healing.

You can lock on and move from one side of velika outskirt pad to the other and yes it does heal.
  • The extended range is gonna be fixed in a coming patch, was already fixed in korea some time ago. Also yea, priest weill get extended range for focus heal.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Arwen wrote: »
    I mained a priest for most of the years I've been playing Tera. Since the big changes to mystic i made one and because of the broken lock-on and extreme long range, lately I cannot play the priest with the same ease as I did before. I just find it somehow "hard" to effectively lock onto multiple targets healing and moving, while on mystic i can literaly be back-siding a player and still locking onto him with the cursor.
    If they plan on changing the lock-on i would rather have the same mobility/range/broken lock-on into priest that atm is into mystic, rather than have it fixed. :p

This is why I have asked if anyone who plays in KTera can confirm what is being done for the 2 healing classes.

My girlfriend mains a priest but as you said the auto lock-on of the mystic makes it such a smoother experience for her she is wondering if she should switch her mains around. She loves both classes but only has time to gear one.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Arwen wrote: »
    I mained a priest for most of the years I've been playing Tera. Since the big changes to mystic i made one and because of the broken lock-on and extreme long range, lately I cannot play the priest with the same ease as I did before. I just find it somehow "hard" to effectively lock onto multiple targets healing and moving, while on mystic i can literaly be back-siding a player and still locking onto him with the cursor.
    If they plan on changing the lock-on i would rather have the same mobility/range/broken lock-on into priest that atm is into mystic, rather than have it fixed. :p

The auto lockon is pretty bad when you want to lock on to specific people so I'd rather they revert it so it actually takes some skill.

Also F's people over if you're Slaying...which is now popular lately. But it all should be fixed Soon(tm) (Im taking bets it's with Male brawlers or Awakening cause i really don't remember what patch it was in with Ktera)
  • FYI, KTERA already patched the range(the size of the circle that you can lock on from the center of your aim) of Mystic's lock-on skills (heal and cleanse) when they released "the guardian mission" which is coming to NA sometime in January (according to EME roadmap)

KTERA note did not say either it was intended or unintended. They just said they patched it.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    > @Xyniana said:
    > I dont think you can heal, you can shoot the spell, but it doesnt to any healing.

You can lock on and move from one side of velika outskirt pad to the other and yes it does heal.

I dont know about Velika outskirts, but i always lock on everyone before Archcandelabra (2nd boss in Lilith Keep) will make explosion, then i and everyone who dont want to take damage run outside of explosion range, explosion, heal, some players dont receive it.
    Same goes for Kalivan, i can lock on people on the other side of water, i can shoot the TitanicFavor, but they dont receive anything.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @JasonTERA said:
    > FYI, KTERA already patched the range(the size of the circle that you can lock on from the center of your aim) of Mystic's lock-on skills (heal and cleanse) when they released "the guardian mission" which is coming to NA sometime in January (according to EME roadmap)
    >
    > KTERA note did not say either it was intended or unintended. They just said they patched it.

I see. So the range is fixed. And priest received the same range that patch?

Also was the auto-lock on addressed?
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The mystic lock ons are bugged, it will be fixed alongside guardian mission, brawler priest and slayer buffs. It’s not intentional so I expect some mystics who are too used to this unintended buff feel very weak.