[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

"Tera Online is Coming to PS4 And Xbox One"

1246710

Comments

  • edited June 2016
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)
  • JuudeJuude ✭✭✭
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)

    Another level cap increase and expansion? That'd be nice.

    Though back to the main thing, the fact that we're not getting is a problem in itself, but one you can easily deal with. BHS themselves can easily tell EME and the other publishers for the respective areas that the system is bad and they will replace it in the future hence why no one is getting it, which would be perfectly understandable and would end a lot of the discussions that BHS no longer cares about TERA NA that have surfaced both on the forums and ingame.

    And if other regions decided "no way", it would've been great if EME relayed this information to us, told us that the system is bad and worse than what we have now and that is why we're not getting it. Instead what we got is complete silence, no one has any idea why we're not getting the talent system, some say it's because they no longer care about TERA NA, others like you say it's because the system is bad, then there's people like me that know the system is bad, we also see people wondering what's going on, but we can't do anything other than wait and see what hand is BHS playing.

    In the end this all comes down to lack of communication between the company/publishers with playerbase and it all ends up in a giant mess.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)

    Another level cap increase and expansion? That'd be nice.


    no it no nice to have another level cap

  • JuudeJuude ✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)

    Another level cap increase and expansion? That'd be nice.


    no it no nice to have another level cap

    Care to expand on the not wanting another level cap and expansion?
    A reason why you don't want it maybe? Something other than "no" ?
  • edited June 2016
    Juude wrote: »
    In the end this all comes down to lack of communication between the company/publishers with playerbase and it all ends up in a giant mess.
    All they've said so far is that the talent system is very bugged, and they're not bringing it to the rest of the world. They said that they're not continuing to develop it, although they are still maintaining it to some degree in K-TERA, so that's why I think they're just trying to find good timing to remove it in K-TERA and/or replace it with something else.

    I do agree that more clarity would help, but at the same time I think the players drive themselves into a bit of a frenzy with how much they focus on what K-TERA has rather than what's actually here.

    (And yeah, if the level cap doesn't increase at some point, what's the alternative? Just keep on ratcheting up the gear tiers? Next time T11 and T12, then T13... ad infinitum? The feedstock gap between T4/T5 and T8 now is already silly.)
  • Rannug wrote: »
    I don't care much for playing games on a console (I do have a X1). Graphics are usually much lower than on my PC (GTX780), 'steering' is like one is playing under water. Can't figure out why no one invented a mouse/trackball/keyboard controller for consoles yet...
    Tera, the way it currently is designed, would have to be completely re-written. They should save the effort and perhaps work on a Tera 2.0 with updated graphics/toons, etc...

    They did invent a mount/trackball/keyboard controller for consoles. They're called keyboard/mouse. Pretty much every console since the PS2 era has supported USB keyboards. PS3 supports mice as well. PS4 undoubtedly supports both as well. PS3 and PS4 support them via USB or Bluetooth (I think. Never tested BT keyboard/mouse on PS3).

    As for rewriting... no, not really. They're keeping with the UE3 engine for it. Most of the optimization issues center around the UI which they would have to redesign for a console anyway.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juude wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)

    Another level cap increase and expansion? That'd be nice.


    no it no nice to have another level cap

    Care to expand on the not wanting another level cap and expansion?
    A reason why you don't want it maybe? Something other than "no" ?

    i didnt say i dont want another expand

    i said i dont want another level cap, tell me how it is fun to grinding again for another stupid level cap ? it is tera, not lineage 2 with its brainless grinding level cap, we dont play tera to grind to reach the maximun level
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)

    Another level cap increase and expansion? That'd be nice.


    no it no nice to have another level cap

    Care to expand on the not wanting another level cap and expansion?
    A reason why you don't want it maybe? Something other than "no" ?

    i didnt say i dont want another expand

    i said i dont want another level cap, tell me how it is fun to grinding again for another stupid level cap ? it is tera, not lineage 2 with its brainless grinding level cap, we dont play tera to grind to reach the maximun level

    But the alternative is that you're just grinding to get max gear that jumps every six months, but instead of having a new open world to explore and any amount of new lore, you just have teleportals to dungeons that come and go. It makes the game a feel a lot more static and stagnant.
  • JuudeJuude ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Juude wrote: »
    In the end this all comes down to lack of communication between the company/publishers with playerbase and it all ends up in a giant mess.
    All they've said so far is that the talent system is very bugged, and they're not bringing it to the rest of the world. They said that they're not continuing to develop it, although they are still maintaining it to some degree in K-TERA, so that's why I think they're just trying to find good timing to remove it in K-TERA and/or replace it with something else.

    I do agree that more clarity would help, but at the same time I think the players drive themselves into a bit of a frenzy with how much they focus on what K-TERA has rather than what's actually here.

    (And yeah, if the level cap doesn't increase at some point, what's the alternative? Just keep on ratcheting up the gear tiers? Next time T11 and T12, then T13... ad infinitum? The feedstock gap between T4/T5 and T8 now is already silly.)

    That is the case with every playerbase for any MMO though, most of them always go in a frenzy when the main server has something extra that they don't, and they focus on that until they either realise it's pointless or they get it, the only thing the publishers can do to avoid this is be crystal clear about why that one thing is not coming. Then it fall on us to point people in the right direction for the explanation if they want to know.


    On the second thing: If they constantly increase the level cap there's going to the problems in the future, getting lvl 58 to 65 already takes a good couple of hours, and it only gets harder from here on out, at one point we will reach a state where you can only level up by using bot programs because people will simply not have the time to level. While they can make the new mobs or quests give a lot of exp to make the levels reasonably fast, then there's absolutely no point to the new cap since you'll hit it within a couple of hours or days at most.

    Edit: Yes you could argue that there's a new area to explore and all that fancy stuff, but i'm willing to bet that most people in this game would rather burn through it all to get max lvl as fast as possible and ignore how pretty the new area looks and all the cools things you can find.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Juude wrote: »
    Yumari wrote: »
    So... BHS has the money to sink into this... but can't find a decent coder to fix the game? Smh.

    One of the articles explained that, in order to do this, the team is porting the game to a new engine. So if they're doing that, that may well be the best way to "fix the game" rather than trying to bandaid what's there. They could easily release a new PC version using that same engine as well. In fact, that would also explain why they're not going to bother spending the time on fixing this one now.

    Just because they are porting it to a new game engine, that doesn't mean we're getting one. As proved by the whole talent thing, KTera has it, we don't, and we're not getting it either.

    There's no confirmation that we'll ever see that new engine.
    Of course not -- there's no confirmation either that the PS4/XB1 porting project will ever be completed either, since it's still in the works (and they're still even looking for people).

    But I can tell you, from a software developer point of view, once you get it in your head that you're planning to port/rework the code in a whole new engine or language, you really don't want to spend any more time on code that's going to be rewritten anyway. So if they have in their head they're going to do this, it may explain the lack of priority.

    I get what you're saying since i work in the area, however, that doesn't explain whey don't give us all of the updates. For example the Talent system they use and balance their classes around, we do not have that, while they could easily do it since both games are running off the same client, they chose not to. Which leads your customers to believe you have no further interest in that particular server, which is bad for business, people see you have no interest in a particular area, they leave that area in order to avoid wasting time and money.

    This server lacking the talent system is a huge impact since the new classes are balanced around that, not having that specific patch leads to pretty damn big imbalance, which causes players to either flock to the FOTM or leave.

    *FOTM=Flavor of the month

    Honestly, if people understood all the details of the talent system, I don't think they would actually want it the way it's implemented. It's a really bad system that's impossible to balance, and impacts everything including PvP. The way the system is designed right now has no equilibrium at all, and it wouldn't surprise me that when the other regions heard about it, they were the ones that said "no way". It's better for all of us that the system is not brought over -- but for people in K-TERA who have already invested in it, it's probably hard to just turn it off until they have something to replace it with.

    What people want is for the actual classes themselves to be balanced, and they understand that certain things were implemented in the talent system that makes underpowered classes more powerful -- but this really isn't the way to solve it. BHS just needs to roll out the balance changes in the actual base game itself, not with this system.

    (Pure speculation on my part... if there will indeed be an expansion coming this year in K-TERA, that may be an opportunity for them to negate the talent system in K-TERA as well since the level cap will increase.)

    Another level cap increase and expansion? That'd be nice.


    no it no nice to have another level cap

    Care to expand on the not wanting another level cap and expansion?
    A reason why you don't want it maybe? Something other than "no" ?

    i didnt say i dont want another expand

    i said i dont want another level cap, tell me how it is fun to grinding again for another stupid level cap ? it is tera, not lineage 2 with its brainless grinding level cap, we dont play tera to grind to reach the maximun level

    But the alternative is that you're just grinding to get max gear that jumps every six months, but instead of having a new open world to explore and any amount of new lore, you just have teleportals to dungeons that come and go. It makes the game a feel a lot more static and stagnant.

    and since when we need a level cap to have more lore and more world to explore? listen with only the red quest i can only reach level 63, so is mean we can get more lore and explorations without increased level cap

    and i never say i agree with bhs politic to remove dungeon and force us to grind for new gear every 6 months and i was alway against this stupid +15 [filtered]
  • Juude wrote: »
    On the second thing: If they constantly increase the level cap there's going to the problems in the future, getting lvl 58 to 65 already takes a good couple of hours, and it only gets harder from here on out, at one point we will reach a state where you can only level up by using bot programs because people will simply not have the time to level. While they can make the new mobs or quests give a lot of exp to make the levels reasonably fast, then there's absolutely no point to the new cap since you'll hit it within a couple of hours or days at most.

    They've already proven that this won't be a problem. All they'll do is continue to make the earlier leveling process faster and easier, as they already did to get to 60 in the first place. The level cap increase to 65 from 60 offered about 5 hours of questing (faster now of course with double XP and double vanguard), new story/lore, new skills, new leveling dungeons and end-game dungeons, and so on. I don't think it's unreasonable to do that again.

    Compared to every other MMO on the market, I really don't think "time to level" is a realistic complaint for this game anymore.
  • JuudeJuude ✭✭✭
    Juude wrote: »
    On the second thing: If they constantly increase the level cap there's going to the problems in the future, getting lvl 58 to 65 already takes a good couple of hours, and it only gets harder from here on out, at one point we will reach a state where you can only level up by using bot programs because people will simply not have the time to level. While they can make the new mobs or quests give a lot of exp to make the levels reasonably fast, then there's absolutely no point to the new cap since you'll hit it within a couple of hours or days at most.

    They've already proven that this won't be a problem. All they'll do is continue to make the earlier leveling process faster and easier, as they already did to get to 60 in the first place. The level cap increase to 65 from 60 offered about 5 hours of questing (faster now of course with double XP and double vanguard), new story/lore, new skills, new leveling dungeons and end-game dungeons, and so on. I don't think it's unreasonable to do that again.

    Compared to every other MMO on the market, I really don't think "time to level" is a realistic complaint for this game anymore.

    In MMOs one of the core things is the leveling process, if it's too slow people get annoyed and leave, if it's too fast you end up capping out on both lvl and gear too quick and get bored, there's a fine line you need to hit in order to make it be quick, but not so quick that it gets boring. And as i said above, they can add more levels, but in the end this'll lead to having an insanely high level cap..just imagine seeing a lvl 100 brawler or a lvl 120 ninja...
    With a higher level cap, you automatically need to add new gear to complete the new dungeons with, which leads to the whole T12, T13 and on to infinity and beyond.

    I would continue this conversation, but right now i'm so tired i feel like i'm saying the same thing multiple times and forgetting i ever said it in the first place....so i bid you a good night.
  • SAIXUNO wrote: »
    So was this confirmed? Why are they making it console only? Doesn't make sense. PC MMO's are always more popular than any console ones.

    I don't think they're making it console-only, since it's already on PC. They're just saying that it's being ported to consoles.
  • Ricecubes wrote: »
    You dont have a pc?

    I do but i'm not much of a PC gamer, i play Dota 2 on PC but that's it. I feel better playing on console you know...
  • shoetf2shoetf2
    edited June 2016
    Everyone just gunna ignore the fact that MMO's that require multiple keybinds and flexible look controls don't work on consoles?
This discussion has been closed.