[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

"Tera Online is Coming to PS4 And Xbox One"

Comments

• I don't know why people still think Tera online will come to console systems. In Korea consoles are non existent. People play in computer cafes. The same is true in Japan. Especially for the stupid xbox. The xbox sells less than the ps1 or ps2 and in Korea they don't even sell it there.

The developers of Tera have shown that their primary market is in kr and jp. A console version would primarily be for a western audience, which is in direct contraction of their primary market. Why waste many resources developing a console version, which isn't even for your primary market. The western and eastern markets are completely different. Western games don't sell in the east Asia and east Asian games aren't sold in the west. In short, a console Tera will not sell well in the west. That is why Tera will not be ported to a console. BH is better off spending that money in a new game or further developing new content for Tera.
  • @vorton ur missing the idea that they are making tera better by separating themselves from ktera. This way they get a bigger control on what changes and blame it on the console version being not compatible with whatever crazy idea bluehole comes up with and not bump heads with the creators xD. It a back door full of little goodies, let it happen. :awesome:
  • So, guys, I don't want to read 6 whole pages to be sure if this is real or not, but it's been like months since the last time i checked the first and second comment here, so I'm gonna make the happy question...is this real or just a troll bait attempt?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zestroia wrote: »
    So, guys, I don't want to read 6 whole pages to be sure if this is real or not, but it's been like months since the last time i checked the first and second comment here, so I'm gonna make the happy question...is this real or just a troll bait attempt?

Necropost is not good.

And this thread is most likely a troll thread.

There would not be Tera for PS and xBox either.
  • I played with someone yesterday, that was playing tera through xbox already apparently. They said there was a lot of lag.
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I played with someone yesterday, that was playing tera through xbox already apparently. They said there was a lot of lag.

Huh. So those cucks at BHS WERE too lazy to optimize. Feelsbadman.
    I'd like to see their other title, Devilian, make its way to PS4. Game play is pretty solid and would fit better on a console than PC.
  • edited February 2017
    I played with someone yesterday, that was playing tera through xbox already apparently. They said there was a lot of lag.

I don't think they mean what this thread is referring to. Perhaps they're doing streaming from their PC to their TV or something like that.

Edit: Most likely this: http://www.icxm.net/x/play-steam-games-on-xbox-one-tutorial.html

If they really are working on Xbox One port, it almost certainly wouldn't be localized or playable on the live NA servers now. It would be only on test servers on a special build. Even getting a console game to share servers with the PC isn't a trivial matter, which is why most other MMOs don't do it yet.

Anyway, I think the person you spoke to meant something else entirely, and not this.
  • Tera on console will likely exist in a much different form than it currently does on PC. Unlike games such as Elder Scrolls Online, Tera was not originally designed with multiple platforms in mind, so adaptations will need to be made for the game to fare well on consoles. The UI on PC is much too cluttered and inefficient to run on consoles, so it will need to be radically redesigned. Each class has over 20 active abilities, which is far too many for a console controller. The console version will likely make heavy use of combos, as there simply isn’t enough buttons on a controller to map every single ability to a specific key.

Significant optimizations will need to be made in order for the game to perform well on console. Even a top of the line PC cannot maintain 30 fps in content such as battlegrounds, and consoles offer much less performance than that.

Bluehole Studios will have to rewrite code in order to ensure that the game maintains a minimum of 20 fps on consoles during intense battles, or it will severely impact the in-game experience. Hopefully, some of this optimization will make its way onto PC.
    BHS failed to deliver again!

While Tera is 5 years old, it still offers a lot of quality content, and its graphics stand up quite well in comparison to modern games. Tera Online has the potential to succeed on consoles, but it ultimately will depend on how well Bluehole Studios tweaks the game to fit the console environment and perform well.

• null
    I play Warrior just fine on a controller. In fact the hardest part of a controller is aiming lancer's leash and archer's arrows in pvp.
  • in tera's current PC state they need to fix ALOT as it stands now not even a ps4 pro could get more then 25fps on this game and that tells you what? you guessed it Tera is horrible optimization
  • Will our pc account transfer to the PS4???
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    That last link looks like troll bait and nothing more. PS3 in 2017? lol... we have the ps4 out now and a new one on the way soon. common...

Tera will not be going to console anytime soon or ever IMO.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    That last link looks like troll bait and nothing more. PS3 in 2017? lol... we have the ps4 out now and a new one on the way soon. common...

Tera will not be going to console anytime soon or ever IMO.

we have a ps4 pro and soon a xbox scorpio and vr B)
  • Juude wrote: »
    Sadly, that is true.

Enjoy TERA while you still can, because once that releases, TERA PC will die off slowly.

cross server

dcuo other windows games do it SF5
This discussion has been closed.