"Tera Online is Coming to PS4 And Xbox One"

Comments

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @ElinUsagi
    I will have to disagree with you on that. As a pvper what are you doing in Tera for Pvp?
    cuv which is once a week for 1-2 hrs
    owpvp/Gvg doesn't really exist anymore at levels/quantity it should.

Look at Tera's direction competition mmo wise.

Revelation Online and Black Desert:

Unequalized level bracketed battlegrounds. Gvg and owpvp.

They both have gear grinds and are doing vastly better than Tera has been in quite some time.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    @ElinUsagi
    I will have to disagree with you on that. As a pvper what are you doing in Tera for Pvp?

They both have gear grinds and are doing vastly better than Tera has been in quite some time.

Of course youn won't agree with me, for you pvp is about gear for me pvp is about skill, so if they remove gear from pvp then you won't like that pvp anymore.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @ElinUsagi
    You're confusing what I'm saying clearly...

The only content in Tera is the gear grind. For Pvp what use of said gear is there? Little to none.
    @ElinUsagi
    You're confusing what I'm saying clearly...

The only content in Tera is the gear grind. For Pvp what use of said gear is there? Little to none.

I am not confusing what you are saying, you clearly say that gear is all about pvp for you, even in your last post you make "gear" as your main complain for pvp again.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @ElinUsagi
    Just...yikes

I am talking content wise. the main focus of content in Tera is the gear grind.

PvE players can use the gear in any dungeon so they have a point to play the content of the game.

pvpers have little to no reason to play the games content (gear grind) as there is no place to use said gear. be it in bgs or Gvg or owpvp

But this has gone far enough in this thread. back to the console discussion.

Let's hope it's cross platform so it brings in more players... just so they can quit after a month!!
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @ElinUsagi

The games with competitive pvp, as in it actually gets attention, even for MMORPGs do not have gear based pvp. Guild Wars for example has both pve and pvp, yet pvp the gear offers 0 stats and are used strictly for appearance and you simply choose a set of stats/"runes" that fits how you play. GW is seen as having inferior combat to Tera, yet their pvp has been far more competitive anyways. Also, on consoles the pvp there aren't gear based either. In competitive games the only determining factor other than skill would be class/weapon choices. Gear based pvp does not work at all in the United States, gear based pvp is on the same level as pay to win and has been rejected. There's a reason why shooters and mobas became the norm for competitive pvp, there's no gear advantage to worry about; just skill, class balance, and connection.
    We need to think on something... We? Sorry... I mean BHS and EME need to think on something to make the game apealing not only to play on consoles for the first time but to keep the most players they can active.

They already have one big disadvantage and that is MMORPGs are not that popular, they active population per month are about 20k per month users on the most played, not even 1/100 of one shooter has.

They would like to make Solo Story Content worth of 35 hours at minimum, Special Quests and Multiplayer End Game content relevant for ppl to be pleased and keep them doing something for a month at least on PvE.

Success for this game could be for PvP focus, BGs and Guilds vs Guild Contests, Charts to see your actual rank and most of the things that were being denied from few years to this point.

Equalized PvP should be the way for competitive but we need also reason to craft that conflate or the BiS for PvP that you give us every major patch.

The current state of Tera won't be enought to keep many console players on-line for more than the first six months is being released.

I insist that EME and BHS should think carefully what to do to not mess up on consoles, I really would love to have a PS4 and XboxOne experience since I have both. I already been playing with controler for almost a half a year and is confortable enought to not return to keyboard and mouse (even if i play better using them but nothing beats being in bed at nights before sleep and playing Tera).
  • They could fix the PVE content and make endgame more beefy. Does everything have to go into PVP?
    RemyKool wrote: »
    They could fix the PVE content and make endgame more beefy. Does everything have to go into PVP?

They complement each other on a long run.

We have little PvE content by now and PvE content is more apealing on events than PvP, PvP should be for competitive ppl (maybe the thing most ppl likes) and PvE should be for casual ppl.

The problem is when most of PvE content is done for casuals they stops playing, while PvPers can do the same thing almost ever (look at CoD and LoL). PvPers sometimes don't even do BiS, they only enjoy dueling and battlegrounds and put aside grinding.

Becuase PvPers are pleased with few things I think is easier to focus on that (easier to focus but maybe more dificult to keep work on it). Charts is something ppl likes also, they can make chart rankings on Dungeons, Battlegrounds and other kind of things like crafting, gathering dueling.

There are many things that can be done with little investment but the issue is how to keep it fair.

There are many things to be considered so we dont have a insane influx of new players on console only to be left as somekind of ghost servers after a few months.

I really am excited about the console project on this game but I think ppl on consoles look for other options in-game.
  • i dont get the video it says 25 mill players world wide when i log in i see less that 6 in high watch and 4 in velkia sooo where the rest at ?
  • well it probably says the amount of accounts ? probably 99% inactive lul
    i dont get the video it says 25 mill players world wide when i log in i see less that 6 in high watch and 4 in velkia sooo where the rest at ?

It only means that, as others had said, those are the amount of accounts and not the real amount of players.

If I make a guess it should not be any diferent as ppl do in other games, there are ppl that has even several accounts on other regions so it could be 3 accounts per player, also ppl come and ppl go.

Actually I don't think Tera has even 5 million active players per year world wide and on US that would be less than 20k active players per year.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont get the video it says 25 mill players world wide when i log in i see less that 6 in high watch and 4 in velkia sooo where the rest at ?

That's globally, and NA is only one of the markets, which it is then divided by the number of servers.
  • If only the NA community was actually looked at by EME to relay to BHS.... BHS isn't even paying attention to their KR community that well. How can they improve the game if they don't take feedback from the players on the forums they created. On the other hand if they attempt to report PC tera from this [filtered] console project, which is a big waste of resource when they could just tackle the main issue head on, without taking an expensive and risky project that may or may not give them any information to improve the game engine.
  • edited March 2017
    If only the NA community was actually looked at by EME to relay to BHS.... BHS isn't even paying attention to their KR community that well. How can they improve the game if they don't take feedback from the players on the forums they created. On the other hand if they attempt to report PC tera from this [filtered] console project, which is a big waste of resource when they could just tackle the main issue head on, without taking an expensive and risky project that may or may not give them any information to improve the game engine.

From a business point of view, this is actually a good way to justify the expense, because it opens them up to a new market and so new potential customers. The work for doing it could later get ported back to PC to improve that version as well. If they were going to work on optimization anyway, this is a good reason to do it.

Now whether you say optimization is the main issue they should tackle is I suppose another question.
This discussion has been closed.