"Tera Online is Coming to PS4 And Xbox One"

Comments

• Okay okay.....let me try a different approach.

PvE is only "fun" for so long. PvP on the other hand...well you used to build rivalry / competition and even had a chance to compete for a skycastle. All of it back then was bragging rights mostly. But if you were legitimately skilled at PvP it would show quite well. Now I ain't the brightest tool in the shed on MT let's face it I was in a PvP guild back in the day on a PvE server so in all honesty to myself. I'm about average at PvP.

But I got more out of Tera doing PvP than I ever did in PvE. Infact the only reason I ever geared up to +15 was for PvP. That was back in the Starfall patch.

Now I listed shooters from consoles as just an example. But my point is if you make a game PvE only you pretty much put a game into a boring cycle.

I do believe I already suggested bringing something similar to the crusades back but it would be something that would need careful planning. So let me ask you right now. Besides CU (which isn't really relevant to me given how dodgy it is) what is there to compete for? Once you get all that gear what do you do next? AFK in highwatch?
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    How in gods name will the PS4 and XBOX ONE ever beat a Razer naga Mouse in tera.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »
    How in gods name will the PS4 and XBOX ONE ever beat a Razer naga Mouse in tera.

Well technically you can use any kind of keyboard and mouse with a PS4 and even set up the keybindings with certain games. I've used my keyboard and mouse to play FFXIV on my PS4 since my PC is an old slug. There might be a possibility that the PS4 and Xbox One versions of TERA will allow keybinding for the keyboard and mouse, seeing that it is a direct port of the PC version.
  • I've been playing on controller for a while now.
    Tera is not ready do go on consoles for 2017.

-Any and all thing requiring you to point at something needs polish.
    -The interact button does not work in all dialogs.
    -The interact button does not work to activate events or teleports.
    -Default layout needs to be changed for controller to be viable.
  • Madfang4 wrote: »
    I've been playing on controller for a while now.
    Tera is not ready do go on consoles for 2017.

-Any and all thing requiring you to point at something needs polish.
    -The interact button does not work in all dialogs.
    -The interact button does not work to activate events or teleports.
    -Default layout needs to be changed for controller to be viable.

Yes, I think it's clear that they will have to revamp the UI and controller input options to make this work. I don't think they would ever have planned to literally copy what we have now on PC in this regard, where controllers were clearly an afterthought for everything except (to some degree) combat.
  • if this tera game does come to xbox i will be so happy theres nothing to play these days anyway yes
  • I can see how some people could be frustrated by Tera coming to console but honestly I am beyond excited for this. In my house we have only one computer that works for it (granted not very well because it is old) and the rest of my family has to use it so i dont get a lot of play time. Tera going to console will give me so many more opportunities to play and I will be able to play it on something that will hopefully run it better then my computer can.

So maybe it won't be perfect at the start but it will create a chance for more people to experience this amazing game and I can't wait to experience that.
  • Mimiatsu wrote: »
    I can see how some people could be frustrated by Tera coming to console but honestly I am beyond excited for this. In my house we have only one computer that works for it (granted not very well because it is old) and the rest of my family has to use it so i dont get a lot of play time. Tera going to console will give me so many more opportunities to play and I will be able to play it on something that will hopefully run it better then my computer can.

So maybe it won't be perfect at the start but it will create a chance for more people to experience this amazing game and I can't wait to experience that.

Same. my baby PS4 is ready. I'm so happy this is finally happening. for 2 years I've been wishing for this moment. It feels GOOD to have this come true \, I wish I could push this news in the faces of the haters who told me it'll never happen.
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »

a brawler in the hands of a good street fighter player hehehe :3
  • You know, you will be able to most likely use Keyboard & Mouse (on the PS4) because they have integrated support for it, not sure about Xbox 1 though.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Landing cablestep on console xd
  • One thing I've been worrying about is this: They port TERA over to consoles but they change a bunch of things and water the game down for console and we end up getting that version on PC too. Not sure how likely this is to happen but it's something I've been wondering about.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be honest: I am not surprised if Consoles get their own version of Tera.
  • P6FMDHXG5F wrote: »
    You know, you will be able to most likely use Keyboard & Mouse (on the PS4) because they have integrated support for it, not sure about Xbox 1 though.

xb1 can use keyboard & mouse at least for the messaging not sure on if would work on a game or not never tried lol
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Darkjoy wrote: »
    One thing I've been worrying about is this: They port TERA over to consoles but they change a bunch of things and water the game down for console and we end up getting that version on PC too. Not sure how likely this is to happen but it's something I've been wondering about.

They've already been watering down the game, so no need to wonder.
This discussion has been closed.