[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Strongbox Event is P2W

With eme wanting to be so against their game being seen as p2w; why are strongbox events so p2w?

Since strongbox keys are not available through F2P methods anymore why cant they can easily add strongbox keys to high level dungeons to make it where players can have a free avenue to get keys?

The only source of keys right now are Elite boxes and Tera Rewards. The only method for F2P players to obtain these keys is through other players who have obtained them previously when the items were obtainable or through the means of their wallets.

I just want a small chance for players to obtain them from a dungeon like RK9, so that people like me cant screech P2W.

This thread is to suggest to EME to add the keys as a drop to a dungeon so that F2P players get access to the keys.

Comments

• yes pls make game less P2W :)
  • Tatsuyaaa wrote: »
    yes pls make game less P2W :)

That's not what I'm talking about, please do not try to derail the topic.

I am talking about an event in particular not the game as a whole. The problem with the event can be fixed with ease while your issue is a whole different topic with an entire different solution.
  • The point of the event is to sell EMP and make money , i get your point tho i believe EME won't change that since they get a lot of profit during these type of events.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really nerfed out the Sea Chests right? Been a while since I don't do CS...
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    They really nerfed out the Sea Chests right? Been a while since I don't do CS...

They've been removed.
  • How exactly is EME going to make money if not for making events so that people buy items from the store?

The other avenue you seem to be completely missing is you can BUY keys from the marketplace from other players who choose to sell them. You can farm the gold by just playing the game. and then participate in this nice P2W event to make EME some cash to do more things in the future. You get 700ish gold per dungeon run and can farm them on multiple alts to buy keys on the Market to get your jackpot rewards. You can also use the rewards imperium to buy keys.

I havent spent a dime on TERA but ive bought with gold 5 months of Elite time, 10 chara slots, 3 bank tabs, and I only play less than 3 hours a day. Eme gets paid for all of this, and it benefits everyone. P2W is fine if the F2P players can grind enough to also P2W. Tera does a great job of this compared to other games on the market.
  • edited January 2018
    @GGRMHMXFA6 There's cosmetics for that. They do cosmetic sales every other week and have been doing so for a good while now. The problem with this event are the rewards. There are massive jackpots that enable players who spend money on the game to advance themselves in the actual game. They shouldn't have to throw events like these to make ends meet. If they want to throw these kinds of events there has to be at least some aspect of the event that allows F2P players room to participate in it too, like kyra's potion shack.

Yes you can sink a lot of gold or money into the keys if you want that's the choice of the players. But in the end there is no avenue for F2P players to acquire these items without either buying them with their credit card or procuring them through inflated broker sales. This does not enable them to participate in an event in a F2P game in a way that is healthy for the community and for the game, in my opinion.
  • Noobsloth wrote: »
    With eme wanting to be so against their game being seen as p2w; why are strongbox events so p2w?

Since strongbox keys are not available through F2P methods stopped reading right here. Blatant misrepresentation, false statement. anymore why cant they can easily add strongbox keys to high level dungeons to make it where players can have a free avenue to get keys?

The only source of keys right now are Elite boxes and Tera Rewards. The only method for F2P players to obtain these keys is through other players who have obtained them previously when the items were obtainable or through the means of their wallets.

I just want a small chance for players to obtain them from a dungeon like RK9, so that people like me cant screech P2W.

• edited January 2018
    Noobsloth wrote: »

Since strongbox keys are not available through F2P methods stopped reading right here. Blatant misrepresentation, false statement. anymore why cant they can easily add strongbox keys to high level dungeons to make it where players can have a free avenue to get keys?

How are they available then? I'd really like to know.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally fine with this event being p2w. The prizes aren't so great and can all be obtained through gameplay. Of course, not in the same quantities, but there isn't anything to get from the boxes that you can't get from playing the game. Therefore, there really shouldn't be such a concern for the boxes being p2w.

Your complaining about f2p players being excluded is like me complaining when solo players are excluded. F2p players get excluded from one event while solo players have been excluded from many events.
  • edited January 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    I'm totally fine with this event being p2w. The prizes aren't so great and can all be obtained through gameplay. Of course, not in the same quantities, but there isn't anything to get from the boxes that you can't get from playing the game. Therefore, there really shouldn't be such a concern for the boxes being p2w.

Your complaining about f2p players being excluded is like me complaining when solo players are excluded. F2p players get excluded from one event while solo players have been excluded from many events.

Im not saying anything about the prizes other than that they are the items required in gear progression. I am saying that the KEYS for this EVENT in particular are NOT obtainable by any means OTHER than TERA REWARDS, the SHOP, and ELITE BOXES in the CURRENT state of the game. There is no avenue for F2P players to participate in this event unless they use Tera Rewards or purchase them from other players. This thread is to suggest to EME to add the keys as a drop to a dungeon so that F2P players get access to the keys. This has been done in other events such as KYRA'S POTION SHACK.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea they were removed from sea chests. Why were they removed in the first place?

They should be able to be earned in game by either dungeons or pvp as well, not just cash shop, rewards or elite.
  • Re-add strongbox keys to sea chests! #MakeCSGreatAgain
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing the game.

Doing content that gives you reward points to increase your emporium level and get more reward credits per day.

Doing the special dungeon from emporium to get extra reward credits to buy strongbox keys.

Have you ever consider that?
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Playing the game.

Doing content that gives you reward points to increase your emporium level and get more reward credits per day.

Doing the special dungeon from emporium to get extra reward credits to buy strongbox keys.

Have you ever consider that?

You know content only gives you points to level up your tier right? They aren't spendable. Only the special dungeon credits are spendable.
    A t4 player, which is probably average for someone who doesn't spend, gets 1 credit per day from the button, and 10 from the mini-dungeon for 100% cache box. 450 (lowest tier of reward credit keys for 5) is 40.9 - rounded to 41 due to no partial day farming. 41 days of farming for 5 keys as the "in game" f2p way of getting keys.
    T7 gets 12 from the daily button + 40 from the COF mini dungeon for 52 a day. Still 8.6 rounded to 9 days for a 5 stack.
    If there were 9 Corsair Stronghold days in a row, people would be getting MINIMUM 9 strongboxes keys since players go for the first win then go on alts if they feel like it. But pvp rewards suck, and that's another issue.
    I guess you can count weekly stream codes, but they aren't guaranteed weekly either, sometimes they miss or don't stream. Still takes 3 weeks of stream codes = 600 credits to buy a 5 stack. 10+ weeks to buy higher level stacks.
    You know the easiest way to increase reward tier or get credits are from? Cash shop.
    This is some EA level lootbox conversion.
    Yeah it's nice we had an even with smart dyads recently, but they are still not regularly available in game. Again, another issue that we have to rely on events like these.

Also the COF mini dungeon sucks and is some of the most unfun content I've done. Most people skip it because it's so mind-numbing.