[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Strongbox Event is P2W

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Eliminate doubled vanguard rewards, choking the already scarce talents market further
    2. Churn out a Pay2Participate lootbox event that gives talents as a jackpot
    3. Do this at a time when player population is at an all time low and people are already frustrated with the game's direction

So are you guys, like, trying to push people away or
  • This is so.. so..

In a way i am happy because EMPorium ( see what i did there? xD ) is finally useful and the credits that we can get from dungeon/codes or other sources have some value but at the same time it is a bit complicated because the keys are super limited and mostly spenders are able to get them so the rest get more or less shafted..though again it is not so hard to get level4 EMPorium through questing and even at that level there is a decent offer for keys for non spenders..

What i hope is that En Masse will do occasionally these type of events as i do not mind some pay to win and indirectly have the community to support the game a bit more but at the same time i hope that the resources gained will be used to improve the game in this region.

Remember that we need to support the game for it to have all sort of extra content so be nice and try to support with whatever you can ( we cannot expect to play this game for free completely while having all sort of extra content ).

Thing is that these days i was thinking that maybe En Masse is not creating enough extra content on this region but at the same time we as players cannot expect PvP or other extra content without supporting the game in one way or another so we have to try to buy Elite even as vouchers or do other things that can support the publisher ( actually, it would be interesting to have Elite with some sort of PvP bonus to have the PvPers to be able to contribute and gain at the same time ). The idea is to have the community to work together with En Masse so that both sides can support each other.
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    i had about 10 keys from those boxes u get by doing your daily fwc/cs.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    @JXE5356AKE @ouhkjlhkjgjkhgb

Oh, I see, you want keys for free without doing something at all.

As stated before, play the game, do content that gives you reward points, OP asked for keys to be part of rewards from a RKE, if you can do that dungeon then you can easily make more than 1.5k rewards points in 45 minutes each day if you focus on that.

If that is the case and seeing how you have been playing this game for more than six months (one of you more than one year) I would only say that you don't do things efficiently.

At this point you should have reached a tier enought to get decent reward points per day and per special dungeon completed.

If you are lazy to not do the content that gives you "FREE" what you are asking to get complaining there is no way to get them anymore then it is your problem alone.

You are not new players with 0 experience in the game so this is more like laziness to get the key throught a more easy way we already have, and you don't need to spent money at all for that, only playing the game.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

As stated before, play the game, do content that gives you reward points, OP asked for keys to be part of rewards from a RKE, if you can do that dungeon then you can easily make more than 1.5k rewards points in 45 minutes each day if you focus on that.

If that is the case and seeing how you have been playing this game for more than six months (one of you more than one year) I would only say that you don't do things efficiently.

At this point you should have reached a tier enought to get decent reward points per day and per special dungeon completed.

If you are lazy to not do the content that gives you "FREE" what you are asking to get complaining there is no way to get them anymore then it is your problem alone.

You are not new players with 0 experience in the game so this is more like laziness to get the key throught a more easy way we already have, and you don't need to spent money at all for that, only playing the game.

I really dont understand how you receive 1.5k reward points in 45 minutes when RK9 gives you 45 reward points upon completion. That doesn't make sense.

I am saying that the reward system is too slow for F2P players to have access to buy keys. Not that they're too lazy to earn the keys. F2P players dont have a lot of weekly gain in rewards credits because they don't have elite status which gives them double dungeon runs and increased vangaurd rewards.

You're not F2P, so I dont expect you to sympathize and relate with this situation.
    edited January 2018
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I really dont understand how you receive 1.5k reward points in 45 minutes when RK9 gives you 45 reward points upon completion. That doesn't make sense.

I am saying that the reward system is too slow for F2P players to have access to buy keys. Not that they're too lazy to earn the keys. F2P players dont have a lot of weekly gain in rewards credits because they don't have elite status which gives them double dungeon runs and increased vangaurd rewards.

You're not F2P, so I dont expect you to sympathize and relate with this situation.

The other post was meant for the other people.

But since you asked, we have more than 2 months with 16 dailies and you can get more than 1.5k points per day per alt doing the dailies that gives you reward points and that won't need you to spend much time if you already have gear enought to run RKE, in fact farming points will be easy and fast if you focus on it.

Before this patch you could get about 750 points per day per character and it took about 30 minutes with full mid tier gear.

That's why I told you that you are not doing things eficiently if you were aiming to get keys for free if you neglected to farm points after you reached level 65.

6 months as a level 65 player should be enought to reach tier 6 without focusing on a single content, the heck one of my guildies started playing on Arsenal patch and now is un full stormcry and tier 4 emporium with only 2 months playing the game and only one character, he stoped playing on December last week and returned this week.

If you want keys handed right now becuase the event started then it only means you never put your thoughts as how to get them, we had our last key even on october, you had enought time to look for other ways to get more keys to replenish the ones you used that time.

I am not F2P? I have got all my gear playing the game, I have got all my gold playing the game and my friends in game knows pretty well that I even shared what I get from the game, gold, mounts, costumes.

Tell me, how is it that I am not a F2P player?

I am Tier 9 (from grinding, unlike you, it's very obvious you never grinded for reward points) and I have gotten plenty of keys for free from the emporium. This doesn't change these facts:
    1- It's a ridiculous grind to get to tier 8+ to start making reward credits;
    2- Even then it takes weeks to accrue enough credits to buy any decent stack of keys.
    3- You can easily swipe for thousands of keys in seconds and (probably, we'll have to see the actual rates) get showered in materials coming straight from nowhere, which is harmful for the player-driven economy.

Fun fact is that I never used cash to get keys and stream codes gives you reward points and credits also, I don't even sell the goods I get from cash shop lootboxes when I buy them for costumes, in fact I have gifted materials to other players because I have never had issues with farming.

If you are Tier 9 and can't hord keys from reward credits if you really cared enought for them then why comply in the same day the strongbox event start?

It is obvious that you want keys handed to you without doing enought effort.

They are free, play smart to get them.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of threads never disappoint. Every strongbox event, there's someone who has to complain no matter what. Just pls, let me make gold from those p2w ppl, by selling an the keys I got in game for free. Thanx XD
    edited January 2018

I am Tier 9 (from grinding, unlike you, it's very obvious you never grinded for reward points) and I have gotten plenty of keys for free from the emporium. This doesn't change these facts:
    2- Even then it takes weeks to accrue enough credits to buy any decent stack of keys.
    3- You can easily swipe for thousands of keys in seconds and (probably, we'll have to see the actual rates) get showered in materials coming straight from nowhere, which is harmful for the player-driven economy.

Fun fact is that I never used cash to get keys and stream codes gives you reward points and credits also, I don't even sell the goods I get from cash shop lootboxes when I buy them for costumes, in fact I have gifted materials to other players because I have never had issues with farming.

If you are Tier 9 and can't hord keys from reward credits if you really cared enought for them then why comply in the same day the strongbox event start?

You're missing my point entirely. I don't want or even need the keys, I am plenty well off enough in the game, I'm just saying this event is a blatant P2W cash grab and is not good for the game or (the majority of) its players. You keep focusing on the wrong thing.

Sorry, you never said on your previous posts that this event is a P2W cash grab, unless you are the same OP that made the thread then why to use an alt account to discuss in your own thread against others?

Would you feel free to explain yourself?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    1. Eliminate doubled vanguard rewards, choking the already scarce talents market further
    2. Churn out a Pay2Participate lootbox event that gives talents as a jackpot
    3. Do this at a time when player population is at an all time low and people are already frustrated with the game's direction

So are you guys, like, trying to push people away or

The situation is so dire that I did remember you being way more positive about stuff. But then again, ain't blaming you, reality just knocking kicking open on the door.
    I also used to be a heck of a TERA fanboy and grinded CS daily a heck lot. Now, I didn't even recall the Sea Chests removal and had no idea how to get keys either.
    I rarely EVER think of TERA as a P2W game or such, but this event... yes, it's almost forced to pay to participate on the event. As shown, yes you can get keys in-game....... if you're a Tier 10 rewards and all. Basically terribly restrictive to anyone else.
    Frankly, I don't even bother if there ARE P2P events or such, as long as there's enough fun stuff for who's not paying as well. Which ain't happening much too. As said, even Christmas was like the usual Wintera turned on and christmas decorations (considerably halfassed this year also, and I bet the Wintera is like a button on servers), and cash-shop.

BHS and EME, when huge fanboys and veterans are starting to wane out... Something's TERRIBLY wrong.
    edited January 2018
    Margarethe wrote: »

Yes, and also credits.

But is not the only way to get points and credits.

Yes, and also credits.

But the most effective and efficient way by a very very long margin.

You're missing my point entirely. I don't want or even need the keys, I am plenty well off enough in the game, I'm just saying this event is a blatant P2W cash grab and is not good for the game or (the majority of) its players. You keep focusing on the wrong thing.

Sorry, you never said on your previous post that this event is a P2W cash grab, unless you are the same OP that made the thread then why to use an alt account to discuss in your own thread against others?

Alright, since you want it to be like this let me ask you this: what good does this cash grab "event" do for the game? Why are you defending it, other than for your personal benefit as a whale?

I'm not against the event. I feel like it's a good way for EME to make some money and deflate the economy, which imo is needed. I just feel like there needs to be a simple avenue for F2P players to EARN a couple keys so that this event is not totally 1 sided.
    edited January 2018

Sorry, you never said on your previous post that this event is a P2W cash grab, unless you are the same OP that made the thread then why to use an alt account to discuss in your own thread against others?

Alright, since you want it to be like this let me ask you this: what good does this cash grab "event" do for the game? Why are you defending it, other than for your personal benefit as a whale?

I am not defending the event, at least think what you are saying before to say something.

Some people argued that there is not way to get keys for FREE, I only stated a fact that they can.

You are missing completely my point and try to make it a show for others.
    Noobsloth wrote: »

Yes, and also credits.

But the most effective and efficient way by a very very long margin.

I wouldn't call it efficient way, it is the most effective way without a doubt, but calling efficient to waste money on them I would not call that.
    edited January 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »

You know I find that funny since, for a while I was farming iod every day like crazy. I got from tier 5 to halfway to tier 7. And then I stopped farming iod... and my bar has barely moved in the last 2 months since I stopped doing iod. I still do 439s like crazy don't get me wrong, it just doesn't scale as well as iod does when it comes to reward points.
    If you consider iod "something" I think you need to rethink your priorities. [filtered], spammy, lazy content shouldn't be this profitable and how does rke reward 1.5 points?

Never said RKE gives you 1.5k points.

I said that if you already can do RKE then you can get 1.5k points per day per character, I only omited the ways to get that amount.