[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Artisan kits

Hello,
I was wondering if we could please be able to farm these Artisan refining kits off mobs? Also..materials in general, like the gems..it doesn't have to be a super high drop rate, but there is no way to farm them like in the old tera.

I got Weaponsmith to master craft and my BF got Alchemy to Master and with how much we spend on the kits, since there is no way to farm it...we usually break even, and with critting its only a VERY small profit. Makes crafting not worth it at all. If I could farm these kits myself I could at least make some profit.
«1

Comments

  • Would be nice to either farm the artisian kits, or materials for higher lvl crafts because daily vanguard quest and dungeon spamming are not enough.
  • It would be good for players. However, back in the days when monsters dropped a meaningful amount of gold and tradable items, there were some issues of bot-farming in both KTERA and NA TERA. I believe that the reason why BHS deleted gold and most of the tradable items from open-world loot table is "bots". Note that NA TERA's open-world BAMs drop Semi and CCB with a low rate, but they do not drop those items in KTERA. It is Region-specific content.

    I still remember when I saw a party of 5 priests moving together and killing BAMs for a week. Maybe TERA is now not worth to run bots even if mobs drop something useful...but still there will be a potential bot problem if monsters drop a meaningful amount of tradable items or gold.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    JasonTERA wrote: »
    It would be good for players. However, back in the days when monsters dropped a meaningful amount of gold and tradable items, there were some issues of bot-farming in both KTERA and NA TERA. I believe that the reason why BHS deleted gold and most of the tradable items from open-world loot table is "bots". Note that NA TERA's open-world BAMs drop Semi and CCB with a low rate, but they do not drop those items in KTERA. It is Region-specific content.

    I still remember when I saw a party of 5 priests moving together and killing BAMs for a week. Maybe TERA is now not worth to run bots even if mobs drop something useful...but still there will be a potential bot problem if monsters drop a meaningful amount of tradable items or gold.

    they can always be put in solo instances like ghillie, PoP, celestial arena etc
  • Ves1978 wrote: »
    they can always be put in solo instances like ghillie, PoP, celestial arena etc

    That is very true, but think about this;

    Gems, solo dungeons are already dropping gems.

    Artisan Kit. It is 1g 7s at NPC. So if solo dungeons drop it, it will be like less than 1g on broker. Now, what amount of kits (from solo dungeons) do you consider as "enough"? if it drops 5-10 like fashion coupon, it will be 5-10g per runs. Players have limited entries for those dungeons, so it will be like total of less than 100g per a day per character. Not a meaningful amount at all for player's profit. That's why I mentioned "meaningful amount".
    Indeed, solo dungeon's vanguard rewards are way worse than IoD or easy dungeons like KC or RG. It would be better to spend your time to run those ez dungeons get earn more gold and purchase the kits unless solo dungeons drop 1k kits everytime.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Or make it not sell-able :)
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I was wondering if we could please be able to farm these Artisan refining kits off mobs? Also..materials in general, like the gems..it doesn't have to be a super high drop rate, but there is no way to farm them like in the old tera.

    I got Weaponsmith to master craft and my BF got Alchemy to Master and with how much we spend on the kits, since there is no way to farm it...we usually break even, and with critting its only a VERY small profit. Makes crafting not worth it at all. If I could farm these kits myself I could at least make some profit.

    It's called a gold sink, and honestly its needed with the increased gold amount.

    How do you only make a small profit on weapon crafting? It is about 100k per day easily from darics alone. The only limiting factor is spending 30 minutes farming 224 talents at IoD.

    Alchemy is a different story. It's mostly for supplying yourself with gems to enchant. It's not really useful for a profit (rubies -> emeralds perhaps.)
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Would be interesting to at least have some non tradeable version that would drop from somewhere like IOD or the solo dungeons since at the very least i remember about the bot issue which messed up this game up to these days and i say up to these days because even earlier i was doing my KC/SF runs for vanguards and i saw archer/gunner bots with guardian gear and defensive zyrks ( probably to increase the survival rate ) attacking in a pattern all the time doing auto attacks with some radiant/rain of arrows here and there...

    The thing is that i used to see bots archer/gunner bots farming low level dungeons when i was queueing with my low level characters so i see that they are back..
    Hello,
    I was wondering if we could please be able to farm these Artisan refining kits off mobs? Also..materials in general, like the gems..it doesn't have to be a super high drop rate, but there is no way to farm them like in the old tera.

    I got Weaponsmith to master craft and my BF got Alchemy to Master and with how much we spend on the kits, since there is no way to farm it...we usually break even, and with critting its only a VERY small profit. Makes crafting not worth it at all. If I could farm these kits myself I could at least make some profit.
    How do you only make a small profit on weapon crafting? It is about 100k per day easily from darics alone. The only limiting factor is spending 30 minutes farming 224 talents at IoD.

    Also, do you care to elaborate properly? I find it extremely mysterious as how exactly it is about 100k per day easily from darics alone considering that either you have to buy or farm the gold talents and in both cases you have to spend time or gold to farm them so its not something that comes easily and even if you farm them then you can also sell them instead of making darics which means that the darics themselves are not making the entire profit. Besides, you also need the crafter cure and unless you have 100+ cures standing around from elite which again require months to get them.. then you need to buy the cures as well and each cure costs 1k at broker which translates into a non profit business..

    So how exactly is it possible to make 100k easily per day from darics? You might go to the extreme and have 5 accounts crafting darics but even so thats only 7.5k PP per day with non elite which usually translates into 7.5k gold?


    p.s. one interesting fact is that EU actually has these kits implemented at some events
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    .
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Would be interesting to at least have some non tradeable version that would drop from somewhere like IOD or the solo dungeons since at the very least i remember about the bot issue which messed up this game up to these days and i say up to these days because even earlier i was doing my KC/SF runs for vanguards and i saw archer/gunner bots with guardian gear and defensive zyrks ( probably to increase the survival rate ) attacking in a pattern all the time doing auto attacks with some radiant/rain of arrows here and there...

    The thing is that i used to see bots archer/gunner bots farming low level dungeons when i was queueing with my low level characters so i see that they are back..
    Hello,
    I was wondering if we could please be able to farm these Artisan refining kits off mobs? Also..materials in general, like the gems..it doesn't have to be a super high drop rate, but there is no way to farm them like in the old tera.

    I got Weaponsmith to master craft and my BF got Alchemy to Master and with how much we spend on the kits, since there is no way to farm it...we usually break even, and with critting its only a VERY small profit. Makes crafting not worth it at all. If I could farm these kits myself I could at least make some profit.
    How do you only make a small profit on weapon crafting? It is about 100k per day easily from darics alone. The only limiting factor is spending 30 minutes farming 224 talents at IoD.

    Also, do you care to elaborate properly? I find it extremely mysterious as how exactly it is about 100k per day easily from darics alone considering that either you have to buy or farm the gold talents and in both cases you have to spend time or gold to farm them so its not something that comes easily and even if you farm them then you can also sell them instead of making darics which means that the darics themselves are not making the entire profit. Besides, you also need the crafter cure and unless you have 100+ cures standing around from elite which again require months to get them.. then you need to buy the cures as well and each cure costs 1k at broker which translates into a non profit business..

    So how exactly is it possible to make 100k easily per day from darics? You might go to the extreme and have 5 accounts crafting darics but even so thats only 7.5k PP per day with non elite which usually translates into 7.5k gold?


    p.s. one interesting fact is that EU actually has these kits implemented at some events

    You can't get 100k per day with crafting.

    First you have only 1,440 pp per 24h.

    Crafting darics or plates are not a good bussiness at all, if anything it will only consume your time.

    If you want to make profit from crafting doing dungeons and doing pvp you will need elite, otherwise broker fees are going to kill your profits.

    If you are going to play the broker to sell your crafted items then you won't have much time to do other things at all.

    Taking RNG into account to say something will make profit for you is also not a valid point.

    You can also take broker prices into consideration to see how crafting this whole Arsenal patch got even more screwed that it already was before.

    Let's say you will spend about 45 minutes farming 224 golden talents and crafting to sell them as plates the same day, then you will need:

    - 3.36k PP
    - 3.360 Artisan Kits

    You already have 1.44k PP each day then you will need to buy crafter's cure, about 1.2k gold, to get 2k extra PP. You will also need to spend about 3.6k gold on Artisan kits to get that job done. That sums 4.8k gold however you only got 1.92k gold from your dailies so you are lacking almost 3k gold to do this crafting bussiness.

    As you have seen you already reached an obstacle there, you need funds to make profits from crafting but if you run dungeons you won't get that much talents from them.

    However doing 16 easy dungeons will grant you 9.6k gold per day per character and you need about 1.5 hours to get done 16 easy dungeons.

    If you want to continue with crafting then, lets say you have the gold to invest into it to craft and sell plates (145g each), I must say that often I craft 50 plates per day and many times I haven't got a critical so I wouldn't count on that, then you would get the next thing:

    - 56 golden plates x 145 gold each = 8.12k gold from selling.
    - Cost from materials, 4.8k gold.
    - Cost from broker fees if you are not elite, 0.4 gold.

    From this you can see that you will make less than 3.2k gold assuming you would sell all those plates the same day and prices don't drop.

    3.2k gold from 45 minutes spend on farming and crafting vs average 4.8k gold from doung easy dungeons in those 45 minutes.

    I think those who farm IoD to get talents to craft plates and "make" profits are only wasting their time with it.

    Even if I add the gold you get from IoD bams to compare it vs dungeons I then should have to add the drops from dungeons also and I have to add that you get more vanguard credits from dungeons as so you get more item exp from dungeons.

    I think many people have a missconception about what Island of Dawn Varguards are for now. They are not the most profitable content at all in this patch.

    Tier 1 bams are meant to give you materials so you can reach faster twisthard.

    Tier 2 bams are meant to give you tokens so you can get master glyphs and tier 2 etchings so you can be competitive on 3 star dungeons.

    Tier 3 bams are meant to give you tokens so you can get tier 3 etchings and they are an aditional content for every player to get a chance to obtain a premium enchanting material as otherworldly shard.

    With this strongbox event I thought prices from golden plates would have lowered to 100g but it was not the case, it looks like those who spent thousands of kyes and got many jackpots are going to make bussiness out of broker to not make people drop their value less than it is already.

    So looking at this I would rather do 2 star dugeons than hoping to become rich from crafting in this patch. And this I tell you, I made between 1-2 million gold per month from crafting on VM8 patch and crafting profits was cut by more than half on VM9, now this patch is almost at floor level.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Also, do you care to elaborate properly? I find it extremely mysterious as how exactly it is about 100k per day easily from darics alone considering that either you have to buy or farm the gold talents and in both cases you have to spend time or gold to farm them so its not something that comes easily and even if you farm them then you can also sell them instead of making darics which means that the darics themselves are not making the entire profit. Besides, you also need the crafter cure and unless you have 100+ cures standing around from elite which again require months to get them.. then you need to buy the cures as well and each cure costs 1k at broker which translates into a non profit business..

    So how exactly is it possible to make 100k easily per day from darics? You might go to the extreme and have 5 accounts crafting darics but even so thats only 7.5k PP per day with non elite which usually translates into 7.5k gold?

    I did elaborate. The only limiting factor is the 30-40 minutes farming 224 talents. Repeat x as many needed, start crafting (afk for 20 minutes,) repeat etc.

    Now, some of you might not have tons of crafter's cures saved up like I do (450 unopened elite boxes, plus another ~100 cures in my bank.) And some of you might not have stockpiled thousands of darics choosing to forgego selling them when they are below my threshold.

    It's not complicated. I've probably made ~7 million gold over the Christmas break alone.
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Also, do you care to elaborate properly? I find it extremely mysterious as how exactly it is about 100k per day easily from darics alone considering that either you have to buy or farm the gold talents and in both cases you have to spend time or gold to farm them so its not something that comes easily and even if you farm them then you can also sell them instead of making darics which means that the darics themselves are not making the entire profit. Besides, you also need the crafter cure and unless you have 100+ cures standing around from elite which again require months to get them.. then you need to buy the cures as well and each cure costs 1k at broker which translates into a non profit business..

    So how exactly is it possible to make 100k easily per day from darics? You might go to the extreme and have 5 accounts crafting darics but even so thats only 7.5k PP per day with non elite which usually translates into 7.5k gold?

    I did elaborate. The only limiting factor is the 30-40 minutes farming 224 talents. Repeat x as many needed, start crafting (afk for 20 minutes,) repeat etc.

    Now, some of you might not have tons of crafter's cures saved up like I do (450 unopened elite boxes, plus another ~100 cures in my bank.) And some of you might not have stockpiled thousands of darics choosing to forgego selling them when they are below my threshold.

    It's not complicated. I've probably made ~7 million gold over the Christmas break alone.

    Farming 224 talents are nothing, what happens when you have to use those to upgrade your gear and then what happens when you have failed upgrades? 224 talents don't go anywhere, and there are no means of making gold still. Not everyone has been playing for 1+ year constantly, let alone subbed like you to amass that many items to either sell or craft. Your argument is completely moot as you are not in the situation that 95% of the other players are in. Original Tera was much more versed in farming gold and materials, the new revamped has killed any means of obtaining any amount of gold outside of special events.
  • Now, some of you might not have tons of crafter's cures saved up like I do (450 unopened elite boxes, plus another ~100 cures in my bank.) And some of you might not have stockpiled thousands of darics choosing to forgego selling them when they are below my threshold.

    450 unopened elite boxes means 450 days of gathering them or better said around one year and four months .. and this is not really practical or helpful considering the present circumstances. Also, you had the pay for elite in one way or another during all that time so the crafter cures did not come for free by all means ( if they gathered up at one point and were used then its nice but it does not mean that they are actually profitable ).

    Anyway... i have to agree with ElinUsagi and also thank him/her for the long but relevant explanation ( hopefully, we will get some kits even if non tradeable from questing at one point ).


    p.s. i also had 200+ cures from elite when the arsenal hit and i made a ton of gold but that is not connected whatsoever with the present
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This is counterintuitive. If the kits would drop from mobs or acquired elsewhere the price of plates would go down too. Alot of people have access to crafting right now and are undercutting each other like a madman. The profits would still be really small and not worth it in the end. I can't even put 1 plate on TB and already some one is undercutting me few minutes later. Just too many people are trying to make money with crafting right now.
  • I did elaborate. The only limiting factor is the 30-40 minutes farming 224 talents. Repeat x as many needed, start crafting (afk for 20 minutes,) repeat etc.

    Now, some of you might not have tons of crafter's cures saved up like I do (450 unopened elite boxes, plus another ~100 cures in my bank.) And some of you might not have stockpiled thousands of darics choosing to forgego selling them when they are below my threshold.

    It's not complicated. I've probably made ~7 million gold over the Christmas break alone.

    224 talents = 112 darics. Together with 10% crit, that's 125 darics. Given current tempest reach prices, 125 darics = 5000g, and that's being generous. Also, you said that you're making money from CRAFTING, not farming, so we have to subtract the value of the raw materials, which is 1120 kits and 224 talents. Talents go for around 9g now, so 224*9 + 1120 for kits = 3136. Let's round that down to 3000g.

    So, you're only making 2000g a day from crafting, which is nowhere near 100k like you claimed. Moral of the story: If you're going to lie, at least come up with something more believable.

  • Lapomko wrote: »
    This is counterintuitive. If the kits would drop from mobs or acquired elsewhere the price of plates would go down too. Alot of people have access to crafting right now and are undercutting each other like a madman. The profits would still be really small and not worth it in the end. I can't even put 1 plate on TB and already some one is undercutting me few minutes later. Just too many people are trying to make money with crafting right now.

    This brings up another point, we need more ways to make gold. Like Meier said, there is hardly any means to make gold in this game. I would prefer if the kits dropped but you had to actually farm it, not have them drop like candy. That is why I mentioned other things dropping too, beyond just the kits. Why not drop materials as I mentioned too, add costumes to be crafted...fix the crafting system. Crafting should be something that people have to invest quite a lot in..I was able to get it to master in one night, in like..an hour >.>

    The only way to really make gold is to play a bunch of alts and do vanguard all day..which I don't think most feel is fun and ideal. Why are darics/plates the ONLY thing worth selling with weaponsmith right now? It's silly.

  • The only way to really make gold is to play a bunch of alts and do vanguard all day..which I don't think most feel is fun and ideal.

    THIS. On a regular work day I can squeeze about 2 hours of play time before work and about another 2, 3 if I’m lucky afterwards. I don’t have enough time to farm dailies on my alts sadly.
Sign In or Register to comment.