[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

A Fond Farewell from Spacecats

As many of you saw during Friday's TERA stream, January 19 was my last day at En Masse.

I wish you all a fond farewell!

Over the last two years both EME and the playerbase have helped me grow as a Community Manager. I depart with many great memories to look back on. Shoutout to everyone who supported me, En Masse, and the TERA community during my time as CM. That includes any of you who joined me during the weekly community stream - whether the show was about previewing a new update, spawning BAMs on innocent people's heads, learning to Slayer, failing at PvP, hiding & seeking, planning Peanut von Strudel's rampage, holding Q&A with product managers, visiting Value Town, looking at amazing player artwork, painting like Bob Ross, or just hanging out and dancing in freedom square. Every community event and stream was special to me and I always had fun. I hope some of you have as many happy memories from the past two years as I do!

I have a lot of faith in the TERA crew to carry on doing awesome things for the community. The same goes for the Player Council, who help TERA more than they know and are always willing to lend an ear or helping hand to their fellow players. TERA has so many amazing (and secret) things in store for it. I've made quite a few friends at En Masse. I'll miss seeing them every day just like I'll miss many of you guys.

For the time being, I'm looking forward to streaming more at home (some of you have already joined me on my Twitch channel) playing a variety of stuff, including TERA. I'll forever be an online gamer and I love attending conventions, so I hope to see some of you around! Feel free to say hi if you see a Spacecats wander by. Until then...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Comments

• I actually liked you with your quirkiness despite the issues that happened and despite your lack of tera knowledge a lot of the time. But i don't like the bullet EME made you constantly had to take to cover their asses that eventually made you a meme out of all our frustrations with the company, so hopefully your next company treats you better and inturn you can be a much better cm in more peoples eyes if you cm for another game. Good luck in your future jobs and best wishes.
  • Miss U Spacecat, good new journey 4u!!
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care @Spacecats :confused: Good Luck, I don't need to say it out loud, you did fine by US.

You saw @LesbianVi anywhere that's meh. :naughty:
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Missing you already, but you know I've followed you to your private Stream already and I follow you on your twitter. Stinks that you're gone...this years charity event is going to feel so weird without you I feel like crying over it. I hope things go well with Tera and for you, I'll be keeping an eye on you for sure.

-Syntheticninja
  • Good luck with anything that you will decide to accomplish in the future.

I liked your sense of humor and the fact that you were trying to be so positive all the time trying to improve anything that could be improved though i also have to say that unfortunately i was quiet upset with the Mongo events and any other broken event in particular that ruined the more or less stable economy which left many of us in awe considering that arguably the backbone of the Tera economy which at that time consisted in Masterwork/Superior/Premium Alkahest or Spellbind that had a stable price for years all of a sudden dropped to 1/4 of their usual price in a matter of weeks... And that turned everything up side down with nothing having sense anymore with the economy not being able to recover ever since..

With that being said i do not think that Tera or any game in particular needs fun and weird but overpowered events at the cost of breaking the economy that can make some players shout with craziness whenever getting absurd amounts of items worth of a month of farming in a just a few days... But instead to have rewarding but balanced events that could be thought in order to create stability not only for the early but also mid and long term ( coincidentally.. this is what EU did over the last year and look at how popular and how healthy Tera is in that region ).
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    We will miss you Spacecats, i think you were a great CM and Tera's community treated you very badly specially on Mongo event.
    Majority of Tera's playerbase are very young and they know nothing what a real economy or inflation is, that's why they think "virtual commodities prices"(that got refreshed every 6 months) is a serious bussiness in a game that never bothered about economy or player effort in the first time.
    In fact, i think the game economy is worse now cuz of BHS choices on Arsenal patch than on Mongo event and there's fewer players now too. But somehow, very few loud voices here think that, without a single evidence, Tera was not more popular only cuz of lack of extreme "2000's" oldschool grinding, extreme elitist content and the lack of 100G feedstock, huge mwa/spellbind prices!

Aside from the elitism and selfishness of these few but loud voices here, we can see thay most (if not all) ppl that complained so much about "mongos destroying economy" back then are very very quite now about this p2w strongbox event that is clreary messing with talents price (i.e: the few things that we can sell on this glorious perfect patch!)
    And this make sense, cuz they never cared about "virtual economy" in the first place, but only about the value of their dolars or EMP spent on this game ;)

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    We will miss you Spacecats, i think you were a great CM and Tera's community treated you very badly specially on Mongo event.
    Majority of Tera's playerbase are very young and they know nothing what a real economy or inflation is, that's why they think "virtual commodities prices"(that got refreshed every 6 months) is a serious bussiness in a game that never bothered about economy or player effort in the first time.
    In fact, i think the game economy is worse now cuz of BHS choices on Arsenal patch than on Mongo event and there's fewer players now too. But somehow, very few loud voices here think that, without a single evidence, Tera was not more popular only cuz of lack of extreme "2000's" oldschool grinding, extreme elitist content and the lack of 100G feedstock, huge mwa/spellbind prices!

Aside from the elitism and selfishness of these few but loud voices here, we can see thay most (if not all) ppl that complained so much about "mongos destroying economy" back then are very very quite now about this p2w strongbox event that is clreary messing with talents price (i.e: the few things that we can sell on this glorious perfect patch!)
    And this make sense, cuz they never cared about "virtual economy" in the first place, but only about the value of their dolars or EMP spent on this game ;)

Yet if you look at other threads here in General Discussions, you see exactly that; people complaining about the talents and the prices going down.

Do your research before you post.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Dvsv wrote: »

Yet if you look at other threads here in General Discussions, you see exactly that; people complaining about the talents and the prices going down.

Do your research before you post.

and picking this thread to say that shows what a child he is.
  • You will be missed SpaceCats :'( , hope you have fun in the rest of your future endeavours <3
  • I enjoyed watching your streams, and watching you learn Tera :) Good luck in your next venture, stay quirky.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see you leave spacecats hope your new job treats you well. <3
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    learning to Slayer

See you later, friend. o7

• AMD549YLJ5AMD549YLJ5 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The role of a CM is often times misunderstood as the responsibilities of the role varies depending on the company. Those of us on the outside looking in will never have the full story. Those of us on the outside will always see a CM as an individual with the role of pushing our own agenda to "save a dying game". I will respect how humble you were in a role that deludes many into believing they're celebrities and how genuine you were during your time here.

As someone who has been following you from the time of your arrival until your departure, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for me that made my experience with Tera meaningful. Perhaps we'll see each other again next Twitchcon.
  • So do we get a new punching bag CM or nah?
  • will miss you, sadly dont really know you but would have loved to get to know u better! thanks for making tera better for me, spacecats op!! My best memory was when you did an event in my server VoT and spawned us into the bamarama arena , we could set up teams and fight team vs team in there, brought the pvp community a bit together. And thanks for helping with the PvP tournaments that my friend Mrcuddlyface set up long ago <3 . hopefully we can say hi to each other some day :D