[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Stop the unorganized events

How is it fair for those who have jobs and class, where you spawn mobs that drop an absurd amount of loot to majorly impact a player. I actually spend money on this game in hopes of improvement. So I'm actually curious why mods are doing this to those who don't have the entire day to play this game. You're screwing others over.

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    the staff who did that left some days ago, so you will not need to worry about that anymore :)

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    the staff who did that left some days ago, so you will not need to worry about that anymore :)

About unorganized events or about events at all?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, and I really do hate it when I have to read on discord about yet another event that happens while I'm at work, but I think the reason they do it is because:
    a) it's when they're at work so if something goes wrong they can try and fix it
    b) they're legit scared that if they announce events ahead of time then the game will break from people logging in to, you know, participate in the event
    c) they're scared that if they announce X to happen at a certain time and date and don't follow through, there'll be backlash.

Obviously I don't work there so I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess then that would be it.

A simple fix would be to just have ongoing events that last a week or longer, but that's difficult in a game like tera, where dungeon centered events are held back by the "you can only do this dungeon once a day" rule. So you have an event revolving around TR, but people can only do it twice a day and then they're done with the event. To combat this, they could simply remove the cooldown on whichever dungeon the event is focused on, which would do two things:
    a) keep people playing longer
    b) allow people much more freedom in how they play the game

Point B would stop what I call the "working players get [filtered]" phenomenon, in which you're at work all day while your guildies are home running the event dungeon, and then when you get home you have no one to play with because they're all out of entries. For real if you're gonna do an event involving one (1) dungeon, boost the entry limit so people can actually enjoy it, easy peasy.
  • so screw people with a life that can't be online 24/7 out of events that could help players get ahead?
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    there was an event? i am now angry at whatever i missed
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    this reminds me of how I just watched the mongos event go by 2 days ago and waved back at it...

I agree with the longer events thing, this way people can participate without needing to take breaks from actually important and meaningful stuff (yes En Masse, sorry but TERA ain't any of those two, TERA ain't feeding me nor doing my tests). Even if they are scheduled prior, those one day/few hours stuff doesn't work for many people, simply because... too short time frame. They gotta keep in mind that NA TERA is composed of a lot of people both inside NA with varying time frames, and outside of it, that also do contribute to the community and financially.
  • If you want to attack an unorganized event attack pw2 strongbox keys event. Last mongo event was great, only gifted tokens, to have the chance to get and item from the cat store. Untradeable items. While strongbox event already destroyed market for a lot of time 6000 golden talents and silver each 3 min per hour played. Right now people doesn't bother to pick any golden or silver talents from the dugeons floor.
  • What are u complaining about?
    The loot is just so-so. Its not like its raining diamonds or spacecats super token..
    :astonished:
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are u complaining about?
    The loot is just so-so. Its not like its raining diamonds or spacecats super token..
    :astonished:

I would have prefered that they would have gave more diamonds rather than talents.

At least that way players would know more gold was injected in the economy and that way would have work as a counter effect vs the amounts of materials injected into the game from strong boxes.

You may see how taletns/darics/plates droped at 1/3 of their previous value on market.

And the issue is there is not enought variety of materials to trade on this patch to make theses kind of excesive jackpots from events.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    You must not be posting about this last event as not once did I see anything drop an insane amount of loot. The monsters that spawned in the end were killed so fast only a few people got the rewards.

That Argon event was a total rip though.

Reminder, never hoard or buy up common materials as they will always flood the system eventually.
  • what about todays event? random bosses spawn giving free premade dyads? I missed everyone of these cuz they had already happened by the time I got on.
    someone from TR told me this was going on, on Discord, that CH , MT had their's already. and FF was suppose to be next. I asked 3 guild's discords if they had heard anything. no one had any idea this was going on. atleast 200 people.

TERA_ScreenShot_20180123_152548.png

one image he posted
  • voidy wrote: »
    I agree, and I really do hate it when I have to read on discord about yet another event that happens while I'm at work, but I think the reason they do it is because:
    a) it's when they're at work so if something goes wrong they can try and fix it
    b) they're legit scared that if they announce events ahead of time then the game will break from people logging in to, you know, participate in the event
    c) they're scared that if they announce X to happen at a certain time and date and don't follow through, there'll be backlash.

Obviously I don't work there so I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess then that would be it.

A simple fix would be to just have ongoing events that last a week or longer, but that's difficult in a game like tera, where dungeon centered events are held back by the "you can only do this dungeon once a day" rule. So you have an event revolving around TR, but people can only do it twice a day and then they're done with the event. To combat this, they could simply remove the cooldown on whichever dungeon the event is focused on, which would do two things:
    a) keep people playing longer
    b) allow people much more freedom in how they play the game

Point B would stop what I call the "working players get [filtered]" phenomenon, in which you're at work all day while your guildies are home running the event dungeon, and then when you get home you have no one to play with because they're all out of entries. For real if you're gonna do an event involving one (1) dungeon, boost the entry limit so people can actually enjoy it, easy peasy.

I'd agree that it's at least 1, if not (more likely) a combination of those. I did volunteer work being Staff on an online game server, and any/all updates/events that were worked on were done so with those three points in mind.

I think a simple solution would be to host game events on a weekend so more players can interact with the ongoing event, but then that breaks points A and B. Every time a patch rolls out the servers break because they can't handle the player load / new data, and if they don't go to work on Saturday and the servers crash then the playerbase is screwed over.

Game companies already have staff working pretty difficult hours on average, but I think a simple fix would be to have some staff sacrifice some hours of the weekend to check up on the servers, but that's really up for them to decide.
  • What the hell, I come home from work and all I see are guildies taking SS of the event while I didn't even know there was one...
    And the only players that knew about it were EU players cause it was night time for them.
    Like hello EME , is this EU or NA? At least make it so it's after work / school hours to be fair to everyone.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    what about todays event? random bosses spawn giving free premade dyads? I missed everyone of these cuz they had already happened by the time I got on.
    someone from TR told me this was going on, on Discord, that CH , MT had their's already. and FF was suppose to be next. I asked 3 guild's discords if they had heard anything. no one had any idea this was going on. atleast 200 people.

one image he posted

See, this sort of thing is what bugged me back when I played this game. Impromptu rewarding events at hours that totally suck if you're in NA and have a job or school. Meanwhile, primetime and weekends are dead dead dead. I have a few friends from EU who miraculously haven't jumped ship for the Gameforge version yet, and they're the only ones I know who can take advantage of these events... and it's like, really? Servers are in NA, HQ is in NA, game plays like [filtered] everywhere outside NA, yet event times seem suited for EU.

Anyone remember rally BAMs? Weekdays only, between like 6 am and 1 pm. I got to do, like, 3 of those. Ever. Friends from EU got to do them every single day. That used to be actual in-game content too, not even an event, and of course it was dropping chests with top tier gear in it and stuff. Then the weekend comes when all the people who work and support the game with money can actually play and wow it's [filtered] nothing. I don't get it but whatever, you do you.
  • what about todays event? random bosses spawn giving free premade dyads? I missed everyone of these cuz they had already happened by the time I got on.

one image he posted

Was there any event today that it was not made public? What the.. and by premade dyads you mean smart dyads?