WTB CONTENT

Dear EME,

How much EMP for some content in this game? And I'm not talking about Guardian Legion, while i Appreciate the class balances, We would like some solid content.

- Brain Numbed Player

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    one cute elin and they dont remove content :3
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    New content or in other words cute elin pantsu and costumes.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    There's the big update coming (probably circa 2020) continuing the lore where we left off with Velik's Hold and Velik's Sanctuary.

(The 'circa 2020' is a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was another year or two.)
  • Is crusades stronghold gone?
  • Dont worry new footsteeps and more elin things will be relased soon.
  • Depends on what you arbitrarily want to Define as new content
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Wants content
    > Doesn't give any examples
    > This arrow crap doesn't do anything here
  • Yo i agree with you but this isnt @ eme, EME can't create new [filtered] like dungeons or w/e, that's all up to BHS. I heard even EU has freedom from BHS, which is why they could have that cool event server and bring back Dreadspire, but EME is, if I understand correctly, kinda bossed around by BHS and they can't control this. And BHS does not give a single shite about the NA playerbase, so unless there's some huge movement in KTera, nothing is gonna change here.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo i agree with you but this isnt @ eme, EME can't create new [filtered] like dungeons or w/e, that's all up to BHS. I heard even EU has freedom from BHS, which is why they could have that cool event server and bring back Dreadspire, but EME is, if I understand correctly, kinda bossed around by BHS and they can't control this. And BHS does not give a single shite about the NA playerbase, so unless there's some huge movement in KTera, nothing is gonna change here.

That is kinda right and wrong on parts: The deal about BHS bossing EME or not we can't say for sure/prove but I agree it feels a lot like this indeed (specially since the parent company relationship they have with BHS). EU having more freedom I don't agree, I think they give same freedom for all publishers (maybe more for Nexon since it's like next door so they can somewhat control it closer). That one is another one we can't prove tho.

About the test server: that's exactly how they did manage to do the cool/crazy stuff that we don't have on normal servers: it wasn't an official one. Gameforge also doesn't have much authority on the content that we players consume officially, they can't add and remove things from the game build, but they could on that one specific test server. That's something En Masse could do as well if they wanted, but I suspect we're under a heavily understaffed publisher right now with all the console thing and... well BHS being cheap.

The deal about BHS not giving a damn about us I agree but I've heard this is pretty much the case for any Korean MMO, they care for no one else than Koreans themselves and MAYBE Japanese (frankly, BHS should own their soul to Japan, if any of you know the Elin swimsuit deal that led to F2P instead of shut down).
  • Im not asking for them to CREATE new dungeons. We aren't getting an event server with DSU to keep us occupied till MARCH. But the rate at which the patch is coming out is terrible. Male Brawler release is in March and Im speaking for myself here not excited about. I understand they wanna skip several of the "small" patches and roll out multiple patches out together, but honestly all it is doing is just creating more Dead periods of playtime. I understand that EME is in a tough predicament. But they do need a stronger stance against the Korean Overlords.
    I understand EME doesn't have the same degree of freedom as Gameforge, but NA was at the forefront of receiving patches earlier (obviously after Ktera). What happened between then and Now?
    As an Outsider looking in, it feels like EME is happy with the Status Quo of them not caring about our region.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Yo i agree with you but this isnt @ eme, EME can't create new [filtered] like dungeons or w/e, that's all up to BHS. I heard even EU has freedom from BHS, which is why they could have that cool event server and bring back Dreadspire, but EME is, if I understand correctly, kinda bossed around by BHS and they can't control this. And BHS does not give a single shite about the NA playerbase, so unless there's some huge movement in KTera, nothing is gonna change here.

About the test server: that's exactly how they did manage to do the cool/crazy stuff that we don't have on normal servers: it wasn't an official one. Gameforge also doesn't have much authority on the content that we players consume officially, they can't add and remove things from the game build, but they could on that one specific test server. That's something En Masse could do as well if they wanted, but I suspect we're under a heavily understaffed publisher right now with all the console thing and... well BHS being cheap.

Just one something I do want to point out is that SCEM and DSUEM were both on the official servers, not just the test server. Sure we got SCEM but EU managed to release it twice and then released DSUEM, and as far as I'm aware GF has a hand in designing those variations of the dungeons. Also the test server did have an impact on the official servers as they put actual incentives to go onto that test server (unlike our WH server) and allowed one character to be transferred over.
  • edited January 2018
    Pentos wrote: »
    I understand EME doesn't have the same degree of freedom as Gameforge, but NA was at the forefront of receiving patches earlier (obviously after Ktera). What happened between then and Now?

They were never really ahead by much. For the longest while, the cycle was K-TERA -> J-TERA -> NA/EU. Then BHS reorganized things and they batched J-TERA along with NA and EU near the same time. Right now, they all generally release within a week or so of each other. If they're moved to be first in the sequence ahead of EU/JP, it won't change the overall patch cycle/cadence/lag compared to K-TERA.

And yeah, I suspect they aren't focusing on developing a test server because instead they have to work on the test servers for Console -- which, of course, doesn't help us PC players, sadly.
  • Pentos wrote: »

And yeah, I suspect they aren't focusing on developing a test server because instead they have to work on the test servers for Console -- which, of course, doesn't help us PC players, sadly.

Which is sadly to say bad management on their part because most of the playerbase is PC currently, you don't abandon the customer base that got you started and is filling up their coffers. I feel like they could have streamlined the process more by assigning two different Teams. Being Understaffed is no longer an excuse, its project management 101 you always make sure you have enough personnel to make sure every aspect of the organizations goals will run smoothly, when taking on newer projects.
  • edited January 2018

Which is sadly to say bad management on their part because most of the playerbase is PC currently, you don't abandon the customer base that got you started and is filling up their coffers. I feel like they could have streamlined the process more by assigning two different Teams. Being Understaffed is no longer an excuse, its project management 101 you always make sure you have enough personnel to make sure every aspect of the organizations goals will run smoothly, when taking on newer projects.

It's less about project management and more about assigning of resources, which is decided by top management. You can clearly see their strategy last year was to focus on diversifying the PC portfolio and lay the way for consoles. Considering TERA PC was basically the "only child" at first, the angry reaction here shouldn't surprise them at all. I hope things will stabilize and they figure out how to support multiple games without causing any of them to be neglected. (And in fairness, TERA PC was not the only EME game neglected on last year in their quest to expand the portfolio, but they seem to be slowly taking steps to stabilize that too.)