[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

February battleground calendar suggestions

Since the February calendar is still probably in the works I would like us to discuss possible changes to the current system.

Why can we not have one large scale and one small scale pvp set up on the same days?

Example:

Monday - Solo 3's & Gridiron
Tuesday - Team 3's & Fraywind Canyon
etc.

Rewards:
- 25-50 Gold/silver talents
- 250x Artisan Kits
- 10 emeralds (we all don't need diamonds and emeralds can be made into diamonds)
- Essences (these are being sold on MT for 10k why can't pvpers have a way to get them too?)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Let's hope EME staff look at this thread!

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Since the February calendar is still probably in the works I would like us to discuss possible changes to the current system.

Why can we not have one large scale and one small scale pvp set up on the same days?

Example:

Monday - Solo 3's & Gridiron
    Tuesday - Team 3's & Fraywind Canyon
    etc.

Rewards:
    - 25-50 Gold/silver talents
    - 250x Artisan Kits
    - 10 emeralds (we all don't need diamonds and emeralds can be made into diamonds)
    - Essences (these are being sold on MT for 10k why can't pvpers have a way to get them too?)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Let's hope EME staff look at this thread!

Wouldn't be good to add an honor system also?

Something that allows you to give your honor to other player that make a huge contribution for the team to win the match.

Give those with most honor a special reward.

I think battlegrounds should give double vanguards always besides the jackpot.

I think PvP content needs more apealing rewards to retain people doing it.

It is already frustrating to have a bad day and lose all your matches even if you did a good job so the honor system may help a little with that giving a small reward for those whom players give their honor (exclude this from team 3's and raid CS BG's)

EME could always adopt the Bellicarium and Killing Spree system and use it for hour region, fillin those shops with enchanting materials, etchings, consumables, jewels, desings, gathering materials,,,

Why does the solo content has to be more rewarding then Battlegrounds?

Shouln't be the other way around?

MM content should be the most rewarding content instead,
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the whole point that not enough of us were q-ing when we spread the focus out? Doubling the places highlighted would lead to longer waits, discouraging gameplay further.

If the console people could play with us, it might work, but they have their own IMS and BG matching. So we won't be seeing any of those people online with us. (#stillbitter) And q's can still be pretty long even with the highlight.

So how do we solve this?

I understand why you want more choice, but will it be worth it when nothing will pop?
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @Catservant said:
    > Wasn't the whole point that not enough of us were q-ing when we spread the focus out? Doubling the places highlighted would lead to longer waits, discouraging gameplay further.
    >
    > If the console people could play with us, it might work, but they have their own IMS and BG matching. So we won't be seeing any of those people online with us. (#stillbitter) And q's can still be pretty long even with the highlight.
    >
    > So how do we solve this?
    >
    > I understand why you want more choice, but will it be worth it when nothing will pop?

I do not think it would impact BG's if we were given TWO choices per day.

I know people who don't que for skyring and ones that don't que for corsairs. Instead of doing the jackpot of the day - they just don't login.

With a mix that would be solved.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    FWC -> CS -> 3s -> repeat

the other bgs are trash
  • FWC and Gridiron only !
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It would be nice to get some rewards that could motivate players to want to get involved.

Also, i think that we already have a small player base and we cannot really afford to have two battlegrounds at the same time more or less per day.
  • I suggest FWC everyday + 1 another battleground for the day ^¬^ and of course hoping the jackpots to be decent :x
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I think it would be fun and interesting to just have ALL BGs having their prime times during the day on different time slots, and those time slots get rotated during the week: say for example CS one is from 1PM to 3PM on Monday, it's from 3PM to 5 PM on Tuesday and so on.

This way if you do have time, you can run all BGs in the day on prime times, but if you don't, you get the chance another day. May even get chances to run the same BG multiple days in prime time.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @ElinLove said:
    > Frankly, I think it would be fun and interesting to just have ALL BGs having their prime times during the day on different time slots, and those time slots get rotated during the week: say for example CS one is from 1PM to 3PM on Monday, it's from 3PM to 5 PM on Tuesday and so on.
    >
    > This way if you do have time, you can run all BGs in the day on prime times, but if you don't, you get the chance another day. May even get chances to run the same BG multiple days in prime time.

Can't agree with having time based battlegrounds. Alot of NA player base has school or jobs.

Having this would just further constrain BG's. Again having people just not login to play the game during BG's they don't like.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    > ElinLove said:
    > Frankly, I think it would be fun and interesting to just have ALL BGs having their prime times during the day on different time slots, and those time slots get rotated during the week: say for example CS one is from 1PM to 3PM on Monday, it's from 3PM to 5 PM on Tuesday and so on.
    >
    > This way if you do have time, you can run all BGs in the day on prime times, but if you don't, you get the chance another day. May even get chances to run the same BG multiple days in prime time.

Can't agree with having time based battlegrounds. Alot of NA player base has school or jobs.

Having this would just further constrain BG's. Again having people just not login to play the game during BG's they don't like.

That's why I think rotating the time frame for jackpots/prime time would make sense: the way it's shown, you can only do it with Jackpot once a week or so it seems, tops twice since 2 BGs a day. Th way I imagine, you can do it on the days you are free during that time slot, and my intention at least, is that there's always a time on the week that the BG will be at reach of the player: think of the daily jackpot/prime time thing, but instead of all day long, the 1 day long total time is split between days, total prime time/jackpot time is same but on smaller slots per day. Every day it has that time.

Of course you may not agree or feel like it would work, but it's one extra suggestion.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    > ElinLove said:
    >

That's why I think rotating the time frame for jackpots/prime time would make sense: the way it's shown, you can only do it with Jackpot once a week or so it seems, tops twice since 2 BGs a day. Th way I imagine, you can do it on the days you are free during that time slot, and my intention at least, is that there's always a time on the week that the BG will be at reach of the player: think of the daily jackpot/prime time thing, but instead of all day long, the 1 day long total time is split between days, total prime time/jackpot time is same but on smaller slots per day. Every day it has that time.

Of course you may not agree or feel like it would work, but it's one extra suggestion.

Is not that strange and some games do that.

However EME would like to ensure having FWC, CS and SR on the most populated hours. With Griddion out we will only have 5 battlegrounds that can have a time frame of 3 hours up with the jackpot twice a day and make Kumas Royale and IBG can be fillers between them.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @ElinUsagi
    Gridiron is being removed and replaced with gridiron 2.0

The most popular battlegrounds IMO in-order:
    - Fraywind Canyon
    - Corsairs Stronghold
    - Gridiron
    - Skyring 3s

(Quite certain a large chunk of the community would agree with that)

Yet were reduced to ONE Fraywind per week... Because why?
    edited January 2018
    @ElinUsagi
    Gridiron is being removed and replaced with gridiron 2.0

- Fraywind Canyon
    - Corsairs Stronghold
    - Gridiron
    - Skyring 3s

Yet were reduced to ONE Fraywind per week... Because why?

Thank You.

I wasn't aware we were going to get another version of Gridiron.

I concur with that order but I enjoy FWC, CS and Gridiron enought for me to try to queve anytime I have the time.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Frankly, I think it would be fun and interesting to just have ALL BGs having their prime times during the day on different time slots, and those time slots get rotated during the week: say for example CS one is from 1PM to 3PM on Monday, it's from 3PM to 5 PM on Tuesday and so on.

This way if you do have time, you can run all BGs in the day on prime times, but if you don't, you get the chance another day. May even get chances to run the same BG multiple days in prime time.
    This is the only sane solution. The OP's idea is also far better than the junk we have currently (on NA, EU is more sane), but yours is the best suggestion.
    - Fraywind Canyon
    - Corsairs Stronghold
    - Gridiron
    - Skyring 3s

Uh, yeah, look at the rewards, might be somewhat of a shock but the correlation is spot on.

And yet you want to give MORE for the ones which also have the best rewards?

That's like buffing the most OP class because everybody plays it (since it's OP). It doesn't work that way and it's [filtered]. You buff the weakest class / least played, because you know, that's why it's least played, because it lacks the OPness/rewards of the other classes. Doh. Common sense 101.

Anyway it's pointless to give suggestions, I mean look what BHS bring, the "Gridiron v2" aka "Underground Arena" which will have anonymous player names as a "feature". Out of all the suggestions on the forums from so many players over the years, they picked one that literally nobody asked for. So, it's best to NOT suggest something, that way at least it has a chance to end up implemented. Suggesting it is a sure way to not have it implemented it seems.

I mean, I know this is EME's job here, but the "default" rewards of these BGs is in BHS's hands and this complete disparity between BG rewards is just stupid.