valks arent overpowered, just play better.

2»

Comments

• Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Just because classes have "weaknesses" doesn't mean they don't have dumb mechanics that make gameplay unfun
    Reaper used to be a fun class to 1v1 iirc. Then either I got worse (entirely possible considering a major life event that happened to me) or they got a stupid buff as indicated by Ranran (btw slayers have good reason to be spiteful of valk since valk is most apparently similar to slayers)
    You gotta consider that a lot of what Tera does is copy and pasted from other kmmo and vise versa
    When we talk about balance we aren't referring to nothing being overpowered
    I used to be able to toss around brawlers by means of instinct
    Now I've lost touch with my class and think brawlers are the most annoying egg ever
    I can only imagine the delusion of skill a brawler experiences while they punch players around in midair or do an aoe stagger that requires no aim
    Whatever satisfaction I would get from wiping the floor with a brawler was overshadowed by my experience with kmmo. I knew brawler wouldn't be the last mistake to come.

Balance is fun
    Fun to fight against
    Fun to play as

Balance is also about skill and how ideas get played out

I mostly only ever see fully geared valks with +d stormcry and guilds

Is p2w a tired concept?
    playing -or paying to win could be overlooked as the most integral part of any MMO
    Some players seem to feel that they have a monopoly on victory

In the most concrete form victory is achieved within a 20 minute battleground or after a duel or defeating a mob

What happens after those instances is not entirely unimportant. You can spend time refining your interface with your toon. You can duel classes that you feel vulnerable to until you feel that they're playing to you, rather than suffering a defeat.

When I see no valks with dueling in VO because they're all fully geared and guilded and I have the complete TRASH set that was given to me presumably out of gratitude for all the time I've logged into TERA...I know it's not even worth it. The mechanics aren't nuanced. If and when I face them in CS (I que to relive) I can use my own class knowledge to put up a fight. If I die we already lost anyways, the way things go nowadays in CS.

Ninja? I see a reaper
    Valk? Slayer with major bs added
    Gunner? Idk. Just wtf
    Brawler? Presumably for fans of fighting games. Doesn't seem to have translated into 3d very well

A problem has become the ways in which people have taken to playing in order to see themselves as being Big

Tera wholehearted endorses the mentality of safety and self assurance

If you go fight a basilisk you'll notice they've been shrunk

Pve grind isn't done in parties facing innumerable mobs that you kite until you have enough aggroed and then aoe into the recycling bin anymore
    You duke it with huge monsters that aren't capable of killing you. And vanguard is tiered by ilvl. I couldn't get rewarded for killing level 70 bams even if I had a party in guardian.

What made bams challenging to fight as a player that doesn't have very much skills unlocked is that absence of maturity (when you have them as a leveling player). One BAM? Against me? And it potatoes out motes?
    When I was facing a sea of monsters fully capable of kd chaining me to death if I wasn't fully geared was at least true to the nature of the task at hand... Spam skills until I get rewarded.

It doesn't matter if valk is OP or if it dies when you sneeze on it. It doesn't have a unique role, and it's boring.
  • Closing thoughts:
    > @Strawberrypants said:
    > Valkyrie pull should be PVE-only.
  • CuatalCuatal ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I think the hate towards Valkyrie is very warranted. If they couldn't use Ragnarok in PvP, I think they are just on the strong side, but not OP. Valk with the addition of Ragnarok really makes them busted.
  • AhriiAhrii ✭✭
    All the classes besides the original 8 are busted.

I respect a good valk and brawler more than a good reaper though.
  • last time i log into this game, a month after this horrible new class appears, i got auto attack killed by one of this.
    I cant move, i cant skill, i cant anything while this [filtered] was just taping his left mouse button and hiting me.
    Of course they was OP. As any new class.

BHS is not taking PVP in account for nothing. They just dont care.
  • The original developers had a vision for pvp
    Management didn't seem to give a flying [filtered] though
  • The original developers had a vision for pvp
    Management didn't seem to give a flying [filtered] though

Yes i remember the first Tera trailers, back in 2011 in my country... True action combat!! And they show you an archer figthting a slayer in the VElika arena... Was WOOOOU that is amazing!!!
    Nothing remains about those glorious days. Of course they have to kill it. That is the Korean way to do things.
  • ALDM7GYFGMALDM7GYFGM ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    hello, I just wanna say am new here and I just read all the comment and a couple of other threads about the class systems and WOW this games seems really unbalanced :( I haven't played yet but I was planning to join in a couple of weeks on console after I finish some business in work now am reconsidering I hates MMOs that has a ton of classes and only 1-4 class dominate the game.
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    ALDM7GYFGM wrote: »
    hello, I just wanna say am new here and I just read all the comment and a couple of other threads about the class systems and WOW this games seems really unbalanced :( I haven't played yet but I was planning to join in a couple of weeks on console after I finish some business in work now am reconsidering I hates MMOs that has a ton of classes and only 1-4 class dominate the game.

Its not that bad. Try your luck. The problems lying more in technical issues like stable connection/lags/performance and not in balance issues. (they exist but shouldn't destroy your game experience)
  • Valkyries and Brawlers are stil OP, and they re for sure the easiest classes to use. The only way to balance a little that [filtered] glaive easymode class for no handed ussers, is nerfing his attack speed a lot.
  • Valk's are already getting nerfed, and it's a Nerf that will probably effect the better valk's more than the average valk's. They are definitely overtuned in some aspects but if they are the easiest, why doesn't every fwc game have 4 valk's holding the top 4 spots on every team?

For brawlers and valk's I think most people here are just seeing good players utilizing strong kits and ignoring the many many players using the same 2 classes and playing terribly. It's the same as every other class, if you are good, you make the class look easy.
  • Valk's are already getting nerfed, and it's a Nerf that will probably effect the better valk's more than the average valk's. They are definitely overtuned in some aspects but if they are the easiest, why doesn't every fwc game have 4 valk's holding the top 4 spots on every team?

For brawlers and valk's I think most people here are just seeing good players utilizing strong kits and ignoring the many many players using the same 2 classes and playing terribly. It's the same as every other class, if you are good, you make the class look easy.

I suck, and i have 250ms... I can easy kill players with Frostmetal+0 in a valky. Very fast, movile and have some overpowered skills.
    I didnt pvp with brawler yet, but i was leveling one, and it is the easiest class till now.
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    Valk's are already getting nerfed, and it's a Nerf that will probably effect the better valk's more than the average valk's. They are definitely overtuned in some aspects but if they are the easiest, why doesn't every fwc game have 4 valk's holding the top 4 spots on every team?

First, it makes no sense to compare bad players for anything. They are bad, they are meaningless, ignore them.
    Second, a teamgame obviously needs more than one single strong player with a good class. A good valk, or brawler, or mage, or priest alone is useless against a group of at least decent enemys.
    Third, queuing with 4 identical classes in a group will mulitply your queue time and if you split the queuing groups you will also split your rating.

That doesn't mean a group of 4 valks, playing as team with ts will not be a terrifiing enemy. But same goes for every other class combination, as long the group is skilled and able to play as team.

And yes valks are overpowered like every new released class compared to the old ones and no, this doesn't mean you can't fight them, it makes the fight only a bit more interesting. ^^