[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

What do you think the next patch will be?

I'm thinking expansion, considering we just killed Dakuryon who was what this whole story was about, correct? So wouldn't it only be right for them to bring a new expansion, new levels, new continent, new skills. Also, I heard the Koreans are set to go try the new content in KTERA on June 12th I believe? Maybe it is a new expansion, it has been a while since Korea got a new patch since this is the first time in a while where NA and Korea are actually close together in content. What do you think?
EDIT : As well as KTERA getting a new class.

Comments

• That sounds like too much work for a lazy company like bhs.
  • edited June 2016
    Yeah, we had a thread about this yesterday as well -- forum moves too fast:
    http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/2031/time-for-new-expansion-soon#latest

There have been a few hints about this (one of the EME producers leaked that they do plan to expand the world "in a future patch"), and it does seem about right given the tie-up of the story and the promise to revamp the old classes. So yeah, I think it'll happen. If not this summer (in K-TERA) directly than as a gradual process that leads to it.
  • KahzRBKahzRB ✭✭
    Our character will travel through a time portal and restart from step stone island again.
  • TorchideTorchide ✭✭✭
    Elleon recovers from his injury and Jelena becomes useful.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/2031/time-for-new-expansion-soon#latest

There have been a few hints about this (one of the EME producers leaked that they do plan to expand the world "in a future patch"), and it does seem about right given the tie-up of the story and the promise to revamp the old classes. So yeah, I think it'll happen. If not this summer (in K-TERA) directly than as a gradual process that leads to it.

It's still all tied to revenue, of course. We've seen bigger companies ditch ideas/halt updates to things, not just games, because current revenue, and/or future revenue proyections didn't favor such investments. Smaller companies suffer more from this, as they need to plan more what to do with their already limited resources. Would it be a good idea to update Tera, or should they jump into a new, more modern game? I personally want more stuff for this game, but if they become capable of making a better optimized, more balanced modern era game, I don't see any reason to also jump ship onto that.
  • KahzRB wrote: »
    Our character will travel through a time portal and restart from step stone island again.

Honestly, that sounds like FlyFF where once you hit 120 you'd do a quest and degrades your level to 60M and have to level back up again. ;x;
  • KahzRBKahzRB ✭✭
    Thomastic wrote: »
    Honestly, that sounds like FlyFF where once you hit 120 you'd do a quest and degrades your level to 60M and have to level back up again. ;x;

wow, that actually sound painful lol.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »

It's still all tied to revenue, of course. We've seen bigger companies ditch ideas/halt updates to things, not just games, because current revenue, and/or future revenue proyections didn't favor such investments. Smaller companies suffer more from this, as they need to plan more what to do with their already limited resources. Would it be a good idea to update Tera, or should they jump into a new, more modern game? I personally want more stuff for this game, but if they become capable of making a better optimized, more balanced modern era game, I don't see any reason to also jump ship onto that.

With the development of a console port coming in the future, a new expansion would bring attention back to the game. Which would be great for marketing. New expansion + info about console port, seems like a smart marketing move imo.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultemecia wrote: »

With the development of a console port coming in the future, a new expansion would bring attention back to the game. Which would be great for marketing. New expansion + info about console port, seems like a smart marketing move imo.

That is, if they have the resources now to pull it off. Then also the console article did not confirm anything about a port yet. Just that they were looking for someone who can do the job. Basically what I got from that article is that the whole thing is in baby steps. now, I'm not saying that things cannot be done. But BHS being not a big company, they have to take more care to play their cards right to stay afloat. What one may think could be a great idea would be not so great for someone else, worse if that someone is an investor.
  • Nopi wrote: »

Well, they just signed on a new publisher in Korea, and they still have a subsidiary in EME that depends primarily on TERA for staying alive, so even if they're going to be working on a new game, I think their intention is to keep this game alive for some time to come. They probably want that revenue to help fund their other projects anyway. And, to keep the game alive, I don't think they could really keep on spinning on the current world indefinitely and expect to maintain excitement. Plus, wrapping up the story seems like a pretty telling sign of the next chapter to come. But... of course, nothing is for sure.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torchide wrote: »
    Elleon recovers from his injury and Jelena becomes useful.

no, jelena will bring ellion in her home in castanica and force him to help her to have babies with him and force him to marry her
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they just signed on a new publisher in Korea, and they still have a subsidiary in EME that depends primarily on TERA for staying alive, so even if they're going to be working on a new game, I think their intention is to keep this game alive for some time to come. They probably want that revenue to help fund their other projects anyway. And, to keep the game alive, I don't think they could really keep on spinning on the current world indefinitely and expect to maintain excitement. Plus, wrapping up the story seems like a pretty telling sign of the next chapter to come. But... of course, nothing is for sure.

Indeed. Though I believe the key word here is 'careful'. That's what they should be on deciding what to do next, or where to go with this game. I've seen cases of other small companies flopping because of things not even associated with bad decisions. Now, these failures should be seen by others as fodder for learning how to prevent them.
  • Maybe they'll pick up the Argon story? Make us fight Manaya's dad? That'd be a good idea for a 20-man dungeon they've been talking about in Korea too. Perhaps the new continent could be his home?
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    KahzRB wrote: »
    Thomastic wrote: »

wow, that actually sound painful lol.

You're missing the second part. During your second level up as 60-M (60 "Master") you receive 50% EXP from mobs. You have to level from 60 to 120 again, and you get less EXP the whole time. Super grindy, but it's not the style TERA is either. FlyFF was more...cross-level? TERA is based entirely around endgame (65) whereas the max level in FlyFF is like 130-H (which means 1-120, 60-M to 120-H, 120-H to 130-H) and takes a TON of time to achieve.

So it sounds painful, because it was painful :( I'm thankful that we can get 65 in TERA in under a day. I much prefer this style, even though the gear grind seems endless. I wonder how future expansions will be.