[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Event Target of 500 too high

13

Comments

  • ZenthosZenthos
    edited February 2018
    So, I just wanted to say that there is an extremely quick way to reach the 500 mark with very little work. As of right now, level 60 BAMs will count toward your total if you are at max level, as well as any bam killed by a party member. A group on CH got a raid together and farmed Khanover Front, on the west side where the giants are. They spawn in mass numbers in a small area and are very easy to kill. I racked up 500 BAMs killed in 10 or so minutes with a raid group of about 15 people. Not sure if it'll stay like this throughout the event, but it's a good tidbit to know for anyone who is interested. :)
  • everyone knew this and that is why they halted the event.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Wouldn't it be fairly simple to change the 500-bam reward to include what you would have gotten from all the previous tiers before the change? (Edit: or better yet, just give one of everything instead of random junk?) So the event is still worth doing while lagging the server much less?

    Unless the plan was to reduce lag by just.. making everyone go back to afk as normal
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    canikizu wrote: »
    canikizu wrote: »
    canikizu wrote: »
    The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
    Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

    That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

    It makes no sense at all to change any kill amount or even remove the kill amounts below 500 since everyone has to get to 500 anyway for this one reward. SO how would that reduce the lag on the server by removing the amounts below but keeping a higher number? People essentially would still be farming regardless!! LOL Now, If the purpose of this change was to kill this event they were successful in doing so.. now that its a waste of time and all.
    If i have to guess, I think it's the way of BHS designed the interface and database query.

    Do you notice that you can only see 4 quests at one time (5/10/30/50)? and when you claim the 5bam quests, the 100 quest will appear with the kill count as 0/100. I think it is because that quest was just autogenerated from server at the spot. So basically server had to process more queries than usual in a short amount of time to generate new quests. Think of it like the lag we usually ahve when daily elite reset, but a smaller scale, but last forever since people keep claiming and generating new quests.

    Yeah I guess if you put it that way.. but how much lag would querying additional pop up quests after completing one be? Also why would they keep the 500 amount instead of a lower amount such as 100? I still think the intention was to slow down rewards and to deter people from running the event on their alt characters.
    Because 100 is too small of a number, and people can reach it super fast ( can do 12 alts a day, and afk the next 2 days). Also you might still see the server lag with 100 since it's relatively fast, it might not as serious for open world, but people in dungeons will still hate it so much. So either they went 100, still feel lag, and increase to 200, and still lag, and increase to 300 etc, they went straight to safe number of 500. 500 is a very conservative number.

    Don't get me wrong, I dont like it either and i hope they change reward, cuz I'm not doing it.

    Yeah I see your point. The reward is awful for farming 500, and it may be easy for the people that were farming in khanovar front but a lot of people were farming kills in other areas as well. I farmed at least 150 kills on island of dawn as a healer before I realized everyone was in khanovar front.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Sateva wrote: »
    Getting rid of all but one teir of the event kind of renders farming it pointless, at least make it lower than 500 if you're going to make us play the alts we can't afford to gear any more to farm this event. 100 seems fair given the situation.
    Thank you for your honest feedback, though at this point, we're most likely going to stick with the 500 amount.
    TERA's newest Producer @seandynamite was able to finish 500 in under an hour, so it seems like a reasonable amount for those who still want to finish their current progress.

    Did he use Memeslash? :trollface:
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    I would farm the [filtered] out of this if
    1. you turn off raids getting credit.
    2. turn on back the way it was supposed to be.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if i understand i need to kill 500 bams ?
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    so if i understand i need to kill 500 bams ?

    Join a raid on Khanover Front. You share credit for kills around the raid.
  • If you are going to lie on your website maybe warn players before they waste there time seriously ooo you can do it on more than 1 character no lifer event >.>
  • Ok my 2 cents is this. You have all the players that started when the event began and got the smaller target prizes. some players Don't feel like playing the game for hrs on end to get to the 500 mark on several characters. so now the servers lag (and the servers aren't great to begin with) because of all the activity of everyone farming. so now they decide to remove the lower marks in order to help bring down server activity which honestly would work since players now lose heart because it takes so long to get there for such a small reward. so now say that the lower marks are brought back because the servers are better. whos to say tat all the players, including the ones that made the 500 mark, will not go for the other prizes? wonderful tera logic never ceases to amaze me.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    so if i understand i need to kill 500 bams ?

    Join a raid on Khanover Front. You share credit for kills around the raid.

    ok if i kill level 60 bam is good ? for exemple bam in kenstria ?
  • Why dont do rewards accumulative, 500 bams per account. Low tier reward for normal players after 500 kills with all your chars, And a +10 level 75 bams, with hardcore rewards, for hardcore players, means no abuse if hardcore want their rewards must spend time killing a single level 75 bam so lag wont appears. Even in a raid will be hard to abuse the event, learn from mobile games, when they want people dont abuse of events, they overpowered bots.
  • This event started alright i was having fun, but 500 is too much mindless grind and the payoff isnt worth it
  • If history teaches us anything, is that EME is able to screw up every single event they made in past few years.
    I do love the game and I'm sad to see how staff is actively finding was to drive people off with their actions.
    Every day I log in, I see less and less people around and I'm surprised of myself to actually stay with game, when most of my friends already left.
    But with every decision EME pulls there is less and less will to actually login.

    This event first pushing ping sky high and now also count being up at 500 ... well you probably see less strain on your servers, as many people just left.
    Me, well I wasn't planning on doing it anyway, just get some kills form Aranea runs, but when the ping went sky high and now with this "wise" decision of 500 kills for some RNG, well ...
    Another event ruined by EME.

    PS
    I'm also surprised there is no side "event", with throw money at us shop "sale".
  • If history teaches us anything, is that EME is able to screw up every single event they made in past few years.
    I do love the game and I'm sad to see how staff is actively finding was to drive people off with their actions.
    Every day I log in, I see less and less people around and I'm surprised of myself to actually stay with game, when most of my friends already left.
    But with every decision EME pulls there is less and less will to actually login.

    This event first pushing ping sky high and now also count being up at 500 ... well you probably see less strain on your servers, as many people just left.
    Me, well I wasn't planning on doing it anyway, just get some kills form Aranea runs, but when the ping went sky high and now with this "wise" decision of 500 kills for some RNG, well ...
    Another event ruined by EME.

    PS
    I'm also surprised there is no side "event", with throw money at us shop "sale".

    I agree, the decisions made by EME are actively pushing people away. They come up with decent event ideas, then find a way to ruin them. If the event has a few kinks, they simply don't do the event again rather than make improvements.

    Considering that there is one specific place to farm the BAMS for this event, it was obvious that the channels would become overloaded. If they had simply spawned BAMS in many different locations, it wouldn't have caused the performance issues.

    It's good that we are getting triple rewards, but I'll just be doing the same things I normally do with the same people that I normally run dungeons with. Forming raids to hunt down BAMS could have been a nice event to break up the monotony.
Sign In or Register to comment.