[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

A possible solution

SingleBear wrote: »
If at anytime we become aware of an exploit, even one we create thru event design, we will take appropriate action and be completely visible that the action was taken due to an exploit.

We reduced the event to its current state of only having the 500 threshold due to player performance reports and server reports from our operations team.

So if I read this correctly, the event was turned off because every time a threshold was met it would trigger the reward which would put stress on the server. Now, the threshold is at a 500 so the requests for rewards are much lower. But because of that, players are being rewarded once.
Tera wrote:
At 5, 15, and 30 kills, you’ll receive a Strongbox Key and one of five possible random rewards in your personal inventory (quantities vary by threshold):

Strong Bravery Potion
Feast
Rare Noctenium Elixir
Dyad Niveot Structure
Artisan Refining kits

And at the 50 kill threshold and higher (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 1000 kills), we’re swapping out Artisan Refining Kits for a Frosty Mantle of Indifference, with an escalating chance to earn this cool cape at each higher threshold!

In the announcement, which is still posted on the main page, it says that at the 500 BAM kill count you would have earned 9 rewards. Each reward consisting of a Strongbox key + a random reward.

Why not make this actually fair and make it so that at the 500 bam kill count the player receives 9x Strongbox keys and "random" reward once, including the cape.

Comments

• Assuming it were possible to change the rewards like this on the fly, the problem is that people who already hit the 500 BAM threshold (even after the change) wouldn't be rewarded retroactively. Some of those people would have had the earlier tier rewards, and some of them might not (if they only started tonight). So at this point... it's probably basically either leave it or kill it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Assuming it were possible to change the rewards like this on the fly, the problem is that people who already hit the 500 BAM threshold (even after the change) wouldn't be rewarded retroactively. Some of those people would have had the earlier tier rewards, and some of them might not (if they only started tonight). So at this point... it's probably basically either leave it or kill it.

Basically like every other event they decided to change in progress.
    Most likely unable to fix without being unfair with part of the players that participated.
    Only able to make it worst, in my opinion.

If tables could not be modified to give more rewards I think EME may send a parcel to those who couldn't take in the event part before 3 pm PST and send them the rewards from lower tier thresholds if they reach 500 kills.

I think that's the only solution and maybe the easier to implement if there is an actual way to track down this.
  • edited February 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Assuming it were possible to change the rewards like this on the fly, the problem is that people who already hit the 500 BAM threshold (even after the change) wouldn't be rewarded retroactively. Some of those people would have had the earlier tier rewards, and some of them might not (if they only started tonight). So at this point... it's probably basically either leave it or kill it.

Most likely unable to fix without being unfair with part of the players that participated.

If tables could not be modified to give more rewards I think EME may send a parcel to those who couldn't take in the event part before 3 pm PST and send them the rewards from lower tier thresholds if they reach 500 kills.

I think that's the only solution and maybe the easier to implement if there is an actual way to track down this.

I don't know the structure behind the scenes, but if it were just a matter of giving it to everyone who hit 500 after a certain point in time that's one thing, but those people could also have already gotten the prior reward tiers (so would get double rewards). So you'd have to try to figure out who did and didn't reach the previous tiers, counting all kills that "should have" counted across open world + instances... and yeah, seems like a big mess.

Well, yeah -- leaving it as-is with the servers lagging like that certainly wasn't an option either. Basically, it was this or just turn it off (as EU did), but I assume they chose this because they wanted to prove to BHS that it was the quantity of thresholds that was messing things up (which does seem to be the case).
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it doesn't matter any more.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/21146/bamassacre-event-update#latest

The event will be shutdown by tomorrow and we will get something a little bit diferent as a compensation.
  • Sometimes I wonder what an event would be if there would be no gold profit at all in it. Everybody's in the forums is only talking about gain and raging about the loss of possible assets.

We once had an event where guilds greeted new players on Island of Dawn (when it was the starting area) and this was fun. And there was no gold involved in this, players/guilds participated in the preparations and were highly motivated and anticipated it. I somehow wish for something like this once in a while again and not filling my own pockets through events.

Perhaps I'm also playing Tera too long because I don't feel any loss if I don't get 20 free keys or 5 free mantles as I just see them as gold assets.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least made it fun if the reward suck :3