New to Tera lore

Hi. As the title says, I am new to Tera lore. I like looking at the lore in games like WOW,GW2 and yes even Runescape, and before you go saying "Runescape doesn't have lore" it does In fact it has a lot of lore but that is besides the point. I just wanted to know what resources where available to find out about the many places and things to find in Tera. Thank you.

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lore now is so messed up, its hard to say what it is. there is the basic storyline...to a degree and the lore of the races out there.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you're the type to sit down and read lore. This is an MMO and you get to know the lore as you play the game. The main driver is that you participate in the story and get to learn the lore little by little. There are also funny, surprising or weird moments in the Tera story. If I were new to Tera, I'd take my time and do all quests, read them and enjoy the journey.
  • F4ngDragonF4ngDragon ✭✭✭
    edited September 23
    Hi. As the title says, I am new to Tera lore. I like looking at the lore in games like WOW,GW2 and yes even Runescape, and before you go saying "Runescape doesn't have lore" it does In fact it has a lot of lore but that is besides the point. I just wanted to know what resources where available to find out about the many places and things to find in Tera. Thank you.

Sadly only way to know about the lore is reading quests and reading dev interviews online. the worst about this is that the latter are extremely hard to find nowadays since they got gutted and hidden under rocks, even if you found them, they have little sense about what the lore is all about since they are dev interviews and thereby they are a beta of what the actual game is about

but alas, I would say 65-70% of the game makes sense just by reading all the quests alone (Sidequests, Daily Quests AND Story Quests, not just Story Quests)

EDIT: Oh, and read some game update pages and items in-game too, this [filtered] is like Dark Souls sometimes, important names are hidden in items or just mentioned. Like Halrath, the god of wolves, mentioned in a mount update and a few items in-game.

Also, if you like reading quests outside of the game, copy the npc names and search for them here:
    http://teradatabase.net/us/

it's a great way to read TERA outside of the game.

There are also 4 officially published books which contain a bit of lore (I say a bit since they are offshoot stories), these are in english and can be bought off Amazon.