[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Hairstyle question: Random or pick one?

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    The bad thing is that the best hairstyle, the pigtails one, is only avaliable for elins and human. Elsa parody hairstyle also looks greats. Rest aren't so good. Add in a near future Tera Marble Mobile hairstyles looks awesome.

It's so funny and depressing at the same time that TERA mobile ran without visible FPS drops, high FPS and about same graphics or better than PC version... on a mobile device.
    Oh the power of caring about the code...
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    The bad thing is that the best hairstyle, the pigtails one, is only avaliable for elins and human. Elsa parody hairstyle also looks greats. Rest aren't so good. Add in a near future Tera Marble Mobile hairstyles looks awesome.

It's so funny and depressing at the same time that TERA mobile ran without visible FPS drops, high FPS and about same graphics or better than PC version... on a mobile device.
    Oh the power of caring about the code...

Tera M is developed by Netmarble and not BHS. There's going to be another Tera mobile game this year developed by Longtu and published by Kakao. Phones now a days are comparable to older laptops from around the time of Tera's initial development, so it shouldn't really be a surprise mobile games can look as good or better than older PC games, especially when it's allowed to focus more on visuals as there's significantly less of everything else going on in a mobile game compared to PC. Plus, depending on your phone, your screen on your phone is probably miles better than your monitor's display panel.
  • But phone 3d models looks even better than tera pc models xd. And not only hairstyles also movement and animations, looks great on the mobile version hope mobile version becomes TERA 2
  • On EU we can buy hairstyle coupon via fashion coupon

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/preview-the-male-brawler
  • edited February 2018
    Dialoonia wrote: »
    On EU we can buy hairstyle coupon via fashion coupon

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/preview-the-male-brawler

Note though that one difference is that, in EU, you can buy fashion coupons on the cash shop, which you currently can't do in NA. So it's not necessarily an indicator of what they will do here. (Plus, even then, the fashion coupon version is the "you're stuck with RNG until you try again" version... which isn't great. Although the other one isn't much better, to be honest. This system is pretty awful, frankly.)
  • People on EU have over ten of thousand FC and dont know how to use them. You get a fair amount of FC in every DUngeon (RKEM gives 40 for example).

Both version are same oinly difference is the shop version ask you if u want the hairstlye or not (but coupon will still be consumed)
  • edited February 2018
    Dialoonia wrote: »
    People on EU have over ten of thousand FC and dont know how to use them. You get a fair amount of FC in every DUngeon (RKEM gives 40 for example).

Well, also a difference (for comparison sake) is that everything in the EU fashion coupon shop is x10 the price compared to here, so getting 40 in a dungeon there would be like getting 4 here. Here, level 65 BAMs have a chance of dropping 10 (so would be equivalent to 100 in EU), so a lot of people here also have large stacks waiting. (This is part of the reason people here have been so impatient for an update to that shop.)

It would be interesting if they added these tokens to the fashion coupon shop here, but I am still doubtful since we lack the cash shop way to buy them here (regardless of whether your average vet player has thousands).
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    When released in KTERA, I believe there were two types of boxes:

1) Standard:This box gives you a random hairstyle and automatically applies it to your toon.
    2) Premium: This box gives you a random hairstyle, but you can preview it before deciding whether to apply it.

Loriri or Seraphinush would know the fine details
    There was a time in K TERA when stardard hairstyle coupons were distributed to compensate for a severe server crash -- everyone got f***ed over and decided to wear animal suits
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Standard:This box gives you a random hairstyle and automatically applies it to your toon.
    2) Premium: This box gives you a random hairstyle, but you can preview it before deciding whether to apply it.

There was a time in K TERA when stardard hairstyle coupons were distributed to compensate for a severe server crash -- everyone got f***ed over and decided to wear animal suits

hue sounds so tragic and funny at the same time
    I would wear the FAIL cap. I kept one for each alt whenever a BG run went horribad, I would just announce on chat "Time for the <FAIL cap>" and wear that until the next match pops or my anger vanishes.... probably after another 21 matches just kidding!...or am I?
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, the old Nexon special.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    While Gameforge actually logged on their characters and took screenshots, EME just decided to once again half [filtered] everything and steal a video from a youtube of someone showcasing the hair styles :+1:

What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.

Edited : Nexon shared their videos with us to use.

Hey i love how your response as a EME employee is to immediately lie to everyone, that really makes people trust you, you know? Maybe stop treating us like idiots because we know more than you and you cant let stuff like this slide because we will call you out on bs. You guys only retract when you've been caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

7oXhuM8.png
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    did u take that image and add on some pictures too it too

• metagame wrote: »
    did u take that image and add on some pictures too it too

meme
    miːm/
    noun
    noun: meme; plural noun: memes

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    that doesnt answer my question dude
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    this is a move that Nexon does in their other games. i was wondering how long it would be before it came into this now that Nexon has its tendrils into KR Tera

It's just something Korean games do, it has nothing to do with Nexon. Koreans just like selling things through RNG, just look at other games that even Nexon had nothing to do with. Their mobas have RNG boxes, their shooters have RNG boxes, etc. RNG is a zero effort and low cost method of making money, it's why Western developers have been doing it too.

The reason so many people make that connection is because Nexon did it in Maplestory as far back as 2003. I'm no MMO historian, so if you can find an example of an older Korean game that had RNG hair purchases then I'll admit that I'm mistaken. Until then, I think it's totally fair to say that even if nexon isn't the only one doing this kind of thing, they definitely popularized it with maplestory's monetary success and maybe, possibly, even pioneered the concept.

Not gonna lie, when Nexon took the reigns in Korea I was telling people the same stuff. "inb4 randomized hair coupons." Anyone who played maplestory as a kid probably made that connection, and now here we are. Good thing they're all hot garbage so I'm not tempted to spend.