[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Gem Crates

Comments

• seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Wait it’s against the eula for a player to sell in-game to another player right ?
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    i rather buy gold from the "merchant" spamming 24/7 in velika if you know what i mean. xD

• TY EME tho, really fukd the economy after it was just getting back to normal. Mongos for Easter? Can't wait.

Nah, they're not bringing the original Mongos back. For that event, F2P players could almost get max gear from that single event. Given the current patch, I would welcome another broken event like that so I could gear up some of my alts. I don't consider the current economy healthy since there's virtually nothing to sell when compared to the past.

• I can't help but think this is some sort of experiment by EME to see just how much they can get away with for milking the playerbase. If this proves successful then it's likely we will see more of this in the future = more p2w. I'm waiting to see just where they go with this but as much as I love Tera, anymore than this and I'll be calling it quits.
  • edited February 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    I seriously hope this will not fook the EMP rates.... which I bet it will

It already has big time. The EMP sellers I know are getting 1:60 to 1:80 average on these boxes with a chance at a big pay out. None of them will be selling EMP to the rest of us anymore until the box's go away or rates shoot up to match. I hope you like the costumes, weapon skins and mounts you have as the TB will be drying up soon. Minus the ones you get from events.
  • I don't understand that whole commotion. We had all kinds of enchanting supplies in EMP store before.

Sure, you can exchange gems directly for gold but it's a waste - they are worth more on trade broker. So most of these gems will be bought and used by other players, same way as alkahests and spellbinds used to. How is it different from selling elite scrolls, except seller's profit is more RNG?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandervb wrote: »
    I don't understand that whole commotion. We had all kinds of enchanting supplies in EMP store before.

Sure, you can exchange gems directly for gold but it's a waste - they are worth more on trade broker. So most of these gems will be bought and used by other players, same way as alkahests and spellbinds used to. How is it different from selling elite scrolls, except seller's profit is more RNG?

The issue is these jewels can be used to get enought gold without the need to trade with other players, making then the whales as an independant beings in the game and the f2p players left with less options to get cash shop items throught them.

It is a good news that it is only for a week but as lootboxes always had worked we can be certain that many whales will buy these boxes and EME will just look at how good their sales were, so they will surely will bring this back again in future months.
  • Xandervb wrote: »
    I don't understand that whole commotion. We had all kinds of enchanting supplies in EMP store before.

Most people are getting rubies and sapphires, which are common from vanguard boxes and sell for pretty much as much on the broker as from merchants. It's emeralds and diamonds that you can sell for a markup, and those are rare.

Injecting money into the economy in this way is different from transferring money in the case of a broker costume sale.
  • edited February 2018
    Saint paddy's day is coming up maybe they will just do a pot of gold loot box and cut out having to sell anything.

But even if they did that I still don't think its true P2W. P2W to me is paying REAL money to get an advantage that is impossible to get any other way besides paying real money. In this game you can get everything with gold so to me its not P2W its P2BELAZY.

I have played P2W games in those its more like 25% additional damage boost item that last 1 hour is non-trade able and must be bought with their version of emp. So every person that wanted to PVP and not get destroyed or do any true end game content in that game had to swipe or be ok not playing 100% of the game as raids would not invite you with out it.

For TERA to be true P2W they would need to do something like make all the battle solutions only work if you have elite and make all elite voucher non-trade able so to get the advantage you would have to swipe and not just grind up some gold to buy it.

Just my 2 cents I know others feel any time advantage is P2W but for me its P2BELAZY. For me that would be like saying getting fast food is P2W cause you should be made to cook it at home.

I'm just bummed that the EMP to Gold ratios will get all inflated because of this and they never seem to come all the way back down meaning longer gold grinds for me to buy things I want.

• rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    a box that gives you less for what you are paying for, be smart if you want gold sell emp or sell these boxes and make gold from dumb people
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be a way to buy gold through the store on a permanent basis. Most often the people I see buying gold are the new players that don't know how to earn gold yet. They constantly get taken advantage of by the EMP buyers. People could still sell gold for EMP, but then, they'd at least have to do a better rate than the store.

Sorry, I just don't have much sympathy for people demanding that the game always be free for things like new cosmetics. People that buy EMP are put down enough as it is. Supporting a game financially should never be a bad thing. I constantly buy EMP, because the deal in the store is most often always better than the deals in the broker. At least EME does seem to gear event rewards towards items that seem super inflated. That is very much appreciated.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi
    Christin wrote: »
    I think there should be a way to buy gold through the store on a permanent basis. Most often the people I see buying gold are the new players that don't know how to earn gold yet. They constantly get taken advantage of by the EMP buyers. People could still sell gold for EMP, but then, they'd at least have to do a better rate than the store.

There are three problems with directly selling gold in my opinion.
    1. You allow "whales" to play independently of the community.
    2. You admit that the bulk of your game is not worth playing.
    3. Obvious inflation issues.

Point 1. Today's EMP selling is already something I disagree with since it lets players turn their cash into in game currency indirectly, but at least someone somewhere had to earn the gold involved in the transaction. It didn't just come from thin air like it would with gems or with your idea of buying gold directly. And to top it off, the EMP selling system we have now wouldn't thrive if the game's community were ever in decline. Less players means less buyers. If we allowed people to buy their gold straight off the cash shop, it wouldn't really matter how much the community declined because the heavy-spenders could just get their money from NPCs. By tying a whale's progress to the community, the developers are kept in check; they have to appeal to the majority in order to keep the whales. Your idea would remove that incentive by making whales self sufficient.

As for point 2, turning anything into a commodity means that it isn't worth your time to do it yourself. If you decide to have your food cooked by somebody else, it's because you can't be bothered to do it yourself and would rather exchange money for your time. It is a similar case here, except earning gold encompasses a massive chunk of Tera's gameplay element and is super important for gearing up. By offering players a way to skip that for a fee, the developers are admitting that the majority of their game is not worth the player's time. Within that context, why play at all? Additionally when players stop having to farm gold themselves, there isn't a whole lot left to actually do in the game. You'll get your gear with the money and run your dungeons a few times, but what else is there? I think the lack of things to do and reasons to do them is a problem in itself, but your solution would certainly not help matters in that regard.

Point 3 seems obvious enough. Letting the community print money is dumb.
    Christin wrote: »
    Sorry, I just don't have much sympathy for people demanding that the game always be free for things like new cosmetics. People that buy EMP are put down enough as it is. Supporting a game financially should never be a bad thing. I constantly buy EMP, because the deal in the store is most often always better than the deals in the broker. At least EME does seem to gear event rewards towards items that seem super inflated. That is very much appreciated.

>People demanding that the game always be free for things like new cosmetics
    At this point, most people would probably be happy if the cash shop stuck with just cosmetics. Instead we get stuff like this gem nonsense, or cash shop lootbox events in lieu of holiday events, or strongbox events right after keys are removed from battlegrounds, all while actual content events are ignored or recycled. I believe in this case you're misrepresenting the other side a bit. Perhaps you are referring to the hubbub surrounding lootboxes, but even in those cases I have seen many people -- myself included -- say that they would rather pay 50 dollars for a dyeable outfit than have to gamble with lootboxes for the thing they want. This is not asking for something for free. This is asking for a different way to pay for something.

>Supporting a game financially should never be a bad thing.
    It is when the company you're supporting commits toxic business practices that poison the industry as a whole. Lootboxes are an undesirable cancer on the video game industry, and everyone buying into this weekend's event and contributing to this sort of garbage should feel ashamed of themselves tbh. There was a time when I was proud to support this game financially through costume purchases and elite subscriptions, but that time has passed. Just can't do it in good conscience anymore.

>I constantly buy EMP, because the deal in the store is most often always better than the deals in the broker.
    This is intended and it happens because of events like the one we're seeing now, which raise the gold:emp ratio. If your idea of direct gold selling came to pass, there probably wouldn't be any public emp sellers depending on the rates, because nobody enjoys going through that hassle (finding a buyer, haggling with them on the price, sitting while they make up their mind about what they want, etc) with complete strangers. In the end, unless you already have a friend willing to sell you EMP (which I doubt, since you've said you purchase it often) you would have an even harder time finding cosmetics on the market, and would find yourself purchasing more EMP than before.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    eme? money-hungry?

we been knew
This discussion has been closed.