[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Gem Crates

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason why you would even consider putting gold in the cash shop is when it is a closed market (ie: you can't do actual trading with other people)

There is absolutely no other reason to justify this especially in an open market system.

1) This is directly causing uncontrolled inflation.

You are essentially letting the community inflate the market based on how much they want. You can't control the money in the market. Guardian Missions are okay because the amount of money obtained from them is heavily controlled by a hard cap at the end of the day, and the gold doesn't exactly fall from the sky since you actually need to put time and effort into it.

2) Even if gems are not used for monetary value, the market will slow down because of less need to buy said gems, forcing the market into other items like Golden Talents.

This is self-explanatory.

3) It is a very bad way to announce that you want to grab money from your players.

Like seriously. How this cash shop event even get through the balance team is beyond me. No open trade system game has survived past this.

Yes this doesn't make the game automatically P2W, for you still need to obtain materials in the game to upgrade your gear. But eliminating the market with one simple event is a good way of spiralling the game into p2w territory. You still need people to be putting effort farming their gold. You still need people to be doing your otherwise non-existent content.

Loot boxes is already bad enough. I can guarantee that more people would rather buy out costumes at a flat rate rather than gambling on boxes, you can basically earn more money than just going for the subtle minority this way. The only people benefiting from this event is the publisher, not even the buyers for this event will be actually benefitting due to the aftermath of events.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Xandervb wrote: »
    I don't understand that whole commotion. We had all kinds of enchanting supplies in EMP store before.

Sure, you can exchange gems directly for gold but it's a waste - they are worth more on trade broker. So most of these gems will be bought and used by other players, same way as alkahests and spellbinds used to. How is it different from selling elite scrolls, except seller's profit is more RNG?

The issue is these jewels can be used to get enought gold without the need to trade with other players, making then the whales as an independant beings in the game and the f2p players left with less options to get cash shop items throught them.

It is a good news that it is only for a week but as lootboxes always had worked we can be certain that many whales will buy these boxes and EME will just look at how good their sales were, so they will surely will bring this back again in future months.

Then there is a high chance that all the cosmetics and vouchers plus anything else from the store will get almost doubled in price at the broker because the the emp rate will go so much higher but also the emp buyers will buy mostly gem crates? Good Bye flight suits and hair styles?

We already have issues with server population and i hope that we will not end up looking for hours for a dungeon/battleground.
  • Look the positive side, half of lower population swap to consoles, means almost all servers gonna die. Less played hours, if you can get gold and gems without play the game anymore. Why bother spending hours playing tera, No more things for sale in trade broker. Better buy jewel box for guaranteed gold no wait anymore. Will be a walking dead game in december. Xd, soon they also add experience loot boxes more money for them.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I love how some act like gold selling will kill the game while complaining that it will take away the incentive of free players to play. That whole bull about having to buy EMP from players so that they'll continue to play and add things to the market is just ridiculous. Right now, on my server, pretty much all cosmetics are controlled by about 4 people. You can do page-long arguments, but it doesn't change the facts. Those 4 people are able to control the broker, because they are the ones buying the EMP. The other cosmetics on the broker are from events and new players trying to sell items they bought with EMP. That's it. There isn't this imaginary network of free players buying up EMP and turning it into broker items. Free players on my server are usually just buying up the items listed by those 4 people. The only time those free players bother trying to buy EMP is when there are brand new items in the store, and they don't want to pay broker prices or when something is on sale and they can get it dirt cheap through buying up EMP. Either way, the EMP sellers are never on the good side of the deal. They often sell the EMP only to find out they could have earned way more gold by simply listing the items they purchased on the broker.

In a game like this, new players should never be expected to depend on other players for gold. It's a huge deterrent for new players. If gold were able to be purchased through the store, they wouldn't have to even bother with getting taken advantage of by those EMP buyers. There would be more people buying up broker items, and those 4 that control the brokerage wouldn't be able to get a steady supply of low priced store items through EMP selling like they do now. New players that want to spend money on the game should be encouraged to do so. Insead, they find that it's either buy store items with EMP or pay ridiculous amounts of EMP for gold to by an outfit no longer in the store. Of course, they realize what a racket the EMP buyers now have and leave the game. That isn't helping anyone.

Actually, I don't think you'd see a huge amount of inflation. Rather more players would be able to sell their items and be encouraged to buy sale items to sell on the broker at a later time. Now, we can't, because those 4 people controlling the brokerage constantly undercut new sellers. Since there isn't a lot of people spending gold for cosmetics now, new sellers end up unable to sell their items. Therefore, they keep dropping the price until one of the 4 people end up buying it to raise the price back up. It's a terrible system and only benefits free players bringing in loads of gold or market controllers able to swindle new players out of EMP.

BTW, shouldn't whales be independent? I mean that is pretty ridiculous to not only force them to financially support the game but to force them to support free players as well. It's not like the elitist free players are really helping the game. The ones I see really raking in the gold can't even be bothered to answer a couple questions on global. They don't help with dungeons, because they run their dungeons with the same group. They complain in global constantly about p2w and make fun of those actually spending money on the game. If anything, the elitist free players have really become toxic and have this attitude like they better be coddled to or else. The rest of the free players don't care so much and already most often leave the game after they have reached 65, because they realize leveling up their gear is way too much of a grind. They aren't worried much about the latest cosmetics from buying EMP, but they are having a tough time selling anything on the broker.

Oh and arguing that people not buying gems will slow down the market is so utterly ridiculous when the market will give face value of the gems. So people don't get a little bit extra. They'll sell to the NPC and move on. There is no merchant buying up gold talents, so that is a really bad comparison.

BTW, my previous post had nothing to do with loot boxes. Most of us don't even dare buy loot boxes, because if we end up getting something good, the free players will scream "P2W!" at us or tell everyone we are hacking to get good stuff. It's just not worth it.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    BTW, shouldn't whales be independent? I mean that is pretty ridiculous to not only force them to financially support the game but to force them to support free players as well. It's not like the elitist free players are really helping the game.

Whales cannot be independent and it is not like anyone is enforcing anything but because there is this natural action and reaction situation where for example if the prices on emp items such as cosmetics/vouchers/etc will rise too much then the free to play or casual spenders might consider that it is not worth it anymore and they might leave towards a different game that can be more appealing ( you are free to do whatever you want with your money and time, right? ). Then what happens? Well, at that point the rest of the players regardless of spenders or not might find themselves in a difficult situation because there might be less crafting materials available on the market due to less farmers and the prices might go up on the said items also because less players might be able to aford them so there might be even a monopoly going.. Plus there might be even less crafters around and the prices for the crafted items might go higher as well.. So have fun enchanting/upgrading at that point .. Besides, there might be less groups for dungeons and battlegrounds at which point certain classes might find themselves naturally shunned because there will be less patience with the classes that tend to not perform as good as the ones at the top ( you know.. valk > reaper/warrior/slayer > the rest and also mystic > priest or lancer > brawler depending on dungeons ) and again the player base might shrink even more.

Imagine the situation above with the awakening patch where only certain classes get their awakening and we might have quite the explosive cocktail.

p.s. i think that the game was revitalized a bit because of the guardian missions opening new doors to many players and this should be enchanted and not disenchanted
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    I love how some act like gold selling will kill the game while complaining that it will take away the incentive of free players to play. That whole bull about having to buy EMP from players so that they'll continue to play and add things to the market is just ridiculous. Right now, on my server, pretty much all cosmetics are controlled by about 4 people. You can do page-long arguments, but it doesn't change the facts. Those 4 people are able to control the broker, because they are the ones buying the EMP. The other cosmetics on the broker are from events and new players trying to sell items they bought with EMP. That's it. There isn't this imaginary network of free players buying up EMP and turning it into broker items. Free players on my server are usually just buying up the items listed by those 4 people. The only time those free players bother trying to buy EMP is when there are brand new items in the store, and they don't want to pay broker prices or when something is on sale and they can get it dirt cheap through buying up EMP. Either way, the EMP sellers are never on the good side of the deal. They often sell the EMP only to find out they could have earned way more gold by simply listing the items they purchased on the broker.
    Your entire post basically defies the laws of economics. Let's put aside what increasing the gold supply will do to inflation for now. For one, why would reducing the supply of costumes (via new players no longer buying them anymore in favor of direct gold buying) benefit the market? The only way that someone will even be willing to risk buy costumes then is if they can sell it for an adequately high markup over direct gold buying or use it for themselves, which means that no one will buy costumes if they can only sell them for old prices. This is basic supply and demand - lower supply, keep demand the same, price rises.

If the EMP:Gold exchange rate exceeds the current exchange rate (say, 1:50), all that will happen is that the market will normalize around a new exchange rate (say, 1:60) making gold even more useless, and costumes and other EMP items' prices will rise even higher than this.

If the EMP:Gold exchange rate is less than the current exchange rate (say, 1:22 like people estimated with the loot boxes), then Kamizuma and co. will still buy from those poor newbie whales to dominate the premium market, and your entire scenario falls apart.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of endless gigantic quotes or my typical partial quote, I'll just leave it open here as it's easier:

The whole deal about selling EMP to players, and free players being able to get cute/cool while not paying a dime, keeps them interested, specially in a day and age of Dress Up Simulator en-game, and this fills queues, LFGs, and material supply.

It becomes frustrating to not be able to get anything fun or interesting without having to swipe at least 15 dollars for a costume. ONE costume.
    Arguing that the F2P community isn't helping the game is very, VERY narrow minded, in the sense of ignoring the heaps of non-elitist players that literally make it possible to have any LFG/IM/BG run at all.

You can argue that they don't require those outfits and all to play the game, and it's very true. But I'll be really honest here in my own experience: I would have quit the game long ago if it was literally impossible to get cute without swiping. I do not have a financial way of doing it, nor can even due to various reasons. I still can play, move economy, and indirectly fill EME's pockets with hundreds of dollars worth of cute costumes. On the current system, I created a demand, and the other player a supply. It kept me interested in the game, running the content to get cute. And the player eased out his own grind by a wide margin.
    With a direct gold purchase, I have lost one BIG reason to even bother with the game, since that supply I created is nothing now. Really, sorry to say but it's all there is, I like playing this cause I can play a CUTE character doing that combat thingy that is quite buggy every now and then. It could have killed the game for me long ago if I couldn't purchase outfits with gold, and it can wane the interest of other players on it.

Basically, the whole EMP sell to players, is a big part of keeping those free players interested in the game, running the content, and through the paying players still move the economy. Those players farm the materials and all that is required both for free and paid players, and sold on broker/trade. Free players move the market a heck lot. Removing one way of moving the market, or killing part of their interest in the game, is driving free player away little by little. It's not a direct block of any kind, but a way of making them less interested in the game and thus leaving sooner than expected.
  • 750-800 emeralds, or 75-80 diamonds. WTF don't you think that's a little extreme?
  • time to stop play, this game is done
  • edited February 2018
    Furappi wrote: »
    time to stop play, this game is done

Indeed...

From my experience, enchanting gear has more cancerous rng then ever, as f2p player got full vm sets +15 since starfall yet sc wont go beyond +6 for me and forget about the acc...
    Some good rewards or op events could help out there but noooo, eme cuts the vg reward in half and all the events either give crap or they cant even get the event running as they imagined.
    Then comes news about talismans, giving even more grind and an even more cancerous rng.
    And then as the cherry on top, eme decides to go full p2w... nerf rewards to force folk to buy cancer rng boxes?

So yeah.. unrewarding gameplay that is pretty buggy and laggy on an almost empty server where it seems only the folk with [filtered] attitude remain and no positives on the horizon as both developer and publisher have their heads up the [filtered] and basically ignore the negative feedback :S

oh right! forgot about the new gear upgrade coming,theres some korean pic flaoting around showing the insane amounts of mats and gold needed to upgrade from sc and enchant the new set, more grind \o/

screw this game.. really
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe EME didn't saw what they did here... well, maybe they really know.

With this little cash shop item you can make now a good combo with other lootboxes. This new lootbox gives you gold and other lootboxes give you metamorphic emblems. With this a whale can reach up to SC +7 without the need of interact with other players and without the hassle of running content to get what they need.

With the current system you can force your way enchanting without getting item exp up to SC +7, obviously that would mean more money on cash shop items, as something that was done before but with the diference that now you don't need anything from other players. Metamorphic emblems gives you all materials needed up to SC +7 in addition with the posibility to buy gold from cash shop in a direct way then this make more people running less dungeons.

I really don't see how this benefits player base at all.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.
  • > @MidokuPasta said:
    > I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.

The boxes give 3k-20k in rubies and sapphires, or 750k-800k in emeralds and diamonds. It's literally impossible to hit ~400k with 5 boxes if that description is correct.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenade wrote: »
    > @MidokuPasta said:
    > I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.

The boxes give 3k-20k in rubies and sapphires, or 750k-800k in emeralds and diamonds. It's literally impossible to hit ~400k with 5 boxes if that description is correct.

It is not imposible.

You get random numbers of amounts of jewels, EME only posted the minimum and maximum amount you can get 31 rubies, 27 sapphires, 321 emeralds... etch from each box you open.
This discussion has been closed.