[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Gem Crates

Comments

• SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    > @ElinUsagi said:
    > Serenade wrote: »
    >
    > > @MidokuPasta said:
    > > I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.
    >
    > The boxes give 3k-20k in rubies and sapphires, or 750k-800k in emeralds and diamonds. It's literally impossible to hit ~400k with 5 boxes if that description is correct.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is not imposible.
    >
    > You get random numbers of amounts of jewels, EME only posted the minimum and maximum amount you can get 31 rubies, 27 sapphires, 321 emeralds... etch from each box you open.

Please come up with a combination of gems that adds up to 400k in 5 boxes, then, using those bounds.

Even the max number of rubies or sapphires can't hit anywhere close to 400k, while a single proc of the minimum number of emeralds or diamonds overshoot it immediately.

Edit: You can't get 321 emeralds. The minimum is 750.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.

lies
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenade wrote: »
    > @ElinUsagi said:
    >
    > > @MidokuPasta said:
    > > I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.
    >
    > The boxes give 3k-20k in rubies and sapphires, or 750k-800k in emeralds and diamonds. It's literally impossible to hit ~400k with 5 boxes if that description is correct.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is not imposible.
    >
    > You get random numbers of amounts of jewels, EME only posted the minimum and maximum amount you can get 31 rubies, 27 sapphires, 321 emeralds... etch from each box you open.

Please come up with a combination of gems that adds up to 400k in 5 boxes, then, using those bounds.

Even the max number of rubies or sapphires can't hit anywhere close to 400k, while a single proc of the minimum number of emeralds or diamonds overshoot it immediately.

Yeah, you are right.

And I am not going to try to prove you wrong as I am not into buying gold directly from cash shop. As you said and my mistake stand clearly, minimum amounts of emeralds and diamonts showed on store page pass that amount by almost 2 times and the maximum you can get from sapphires is 40k on each box if you get the maximum amount posible from them.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Serenade wrote: »
    > @ElinUsagi said:
    >
    > > @MidokuPasta said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is not imposible.
    >

Yeah, you are right.

And I am not going to try to prove you wrong as I am not into buying gold directly from cash shop. As you said and my mistake stand clearly, minimum amounts of emeralds and diamonts showed on store page pass that amount by almost 2 times and the maximum you can get from sapphires is 40k on each box if you get the maximum amount posible from them.

First off let me verify I had some gems in my storage, secondly I don't bother selling stuff on broker I just walk directly to the merchants and sell there. With the combination of rubies and sapphires I had, I ended up with around 400k, I don't know the complete amount as I was buying stuff to use on my brawler when he get's released. If people are going to be butthurt that I ended up with some decent gold I really couldn't care less. I'm not sitting here crying over the person who got 786 Emeralds out the single box they bought. Get. Over.It.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    First off let me verify I had some gems in my storage, secondly I don't bother selling stuff on broker I just walk directly to the merchants and sell there. With the combination of rubies and sapphires I had, I ended up with around 400k, I don't know the complete amount as I was buying stuff to use on my brawler when he get's released. If people are going to be butthurt that I ended up with some decent gold I really couldn't care less. I'm not sitting here crying over the person who got 786 Emeralds out the single box they bought. Get. Over.It.

We have nothing against you, we are only debating the amounts the boxes give.

If they can only give you the amounts of jewels it says in the cash shop then the maximum amount you could have reach, without doubling those 400k because the jackpots os emeralds and diamonds, is about 200k from 5 boxes.

As I said, I won't bother to prove you wrong or any other in this matter, I will not buy these boxes only for that matter, however if someone gets a diferent amount between those posted on the cash shop announce then it would be good if he shares it with us.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The price on golden daric went from 60g to 100g only in a few days on MT

Maybe come up with some sort of events to let the rest of players catch up a little or even help up with the enchanting/upgrading materials and other stuff that are vital in game?

Thanks!
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

We have nothing against you, we are only debating the amounts the boxes give.

If they can only give you the amounts of jewels it says in the cash shop then the maximum amount you could have reach, without doubling those 400k because the jackpots os emeralds and diamonds, is about 200k from 5 boxes.

As I said, I won't bother to prove you wrong or any other in this matter, I will not buy these boxes only for that matter, however if someone gets a diferent amount between those posted on the cash shop announce then it would be good if he shares it with us.

I saw people getting 400 emeralds in one box alone, I myself got another box today and got 56 rubies out of it. The numbers really vary in them I saw people getting 767 or 786 etc etc it was just strange. I just know I had 30k in my inventory, when I sold all my jewels I had around 400k maybe not that exact ammount but close to it. But I also sold all the gems I had from doing ghili and that new event thing they have going, the name of which I just cannot remember at the moment.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    I love how some act like gold selling will kill the game while complaining that it will take away the incentive of free players to play. That whole bull about having to buy EMP from players so that they'll continue to play and add things to the market is just ridiculous. Right now, on my server, pretty much all cosmetics are controlled by about 4 people. You can do page-long arguments, but it doesn't change the facts. Those 4 people are able to control the broker, because they are the ones buying the EMP. The other cosmetics on the broker are from events and new players trying to sell items they bought with EMP. That's it. There isn't this imaginary network of free players buying up EMP and turning it into broker items. Free players on my server are usually just buying up the items listed by those 4 people. The only time those free players bother trying to buy EMP is when there are brand new items in the store, and they don't want to pay broker prices or when something is on sale and they can get it dirt cheap through buying up EMP. Either way, the EMP sellers are never on the good side of the deal. They often sell the EMP only to find out they could have earned way more gold by simply listing the items they purchased on the broker.

In a game like this, new players should never be expected to depend on other players for gold. It's a huge deterrent for new players. If gold were able to be purchased through the store, they wouldn't have to even bother with getting taken advantage of by those EMP buyers. There would be more people buying up broker items, and those 4 that control the brokerage wouldn't be able to get a steady supply of low priced store items through EMP selling like they do now. New players that want to spend money on the game should be encouraged to do so. Insead, they find that it's either buy store items with EMP or pay ridiculous amounts of EMP for gold to by an outfit no longer in the store. Of course, they realize what a racket the EMP buyers now have and leave the game. That isn't helping anyone.

Actually, I don't think you'd see a huge amount of inflation. Rather more players would be able to sell their items and be encouraged to buy sale items to sell on the broker at a later time. Now, we can't, because those 4 people controlling the brokerage constantly undercut new sellers. Since there isn't a lot of people spending gold for cosmetics now, new sellers end up unable to sell their items. Therefore, they keep dropping the price until one of the 4 people end up buying it to raise the price back up. It's a terrible system and only benefits free players bringing in loads of gold or market controllers able to swindle new players out of EMP.

BTW, shouldn't whales be independent? I mean that is pretty ridiculous to not only force them to financially support the game but to force them to support free players as well. It's not like the elitist free players are really helping the game. The ones I see really raking in the gold can't even be bothered to answer a couple questions on global. They don't help with dungeons, because they run their dungeons with the same group. They complain in global constantly about p2w and make fun of those actually spending money on the game. If anything, the elitist free players have really become toxic and have this attitude like they better be coddled to or else. The rest of the free players don't care so much and already most often leave the game after they have reached 65, because they realize leveling up their gear is way too much of a grind. They aren't worried much about the latest cosmetics from buying EMP, but they are having a tough time selling anything on the broker.

Oh and arguing that people not buying gems will slow down the market is so utterly ridiculous when the market will give face value of the gems. So people don't get a little bit extra. They'll sell to the NPC and move on. There is no merchant buying up gold talents, so that is a really bad comparison.

BTW, my previous post had nothing to do with loot boxes. Most of us don't even dare buy loot boxes, because if we end up getting something good, the free players will scream "P2W!" at us or tell everyone we are hacking to get good stuff. It's just not worth it.

You are making people who don't spend a cent in the game get even far behind with this system.

More gold floating around = higher cost of other items = harder to obtain via trade.

Gold has a daily hardcap in inflation based on character. And if you are wondering, gold at this current day of age wasn't even difficult to obtain thanks to Guardian Missions doubling or even tripling the amount of gold obtainable per character per day. A gold buying event like this will artificially increase the amount of gold massively due to whales tending to buy out with hundreds of dollars. It is not a gold moving from one end to another, it is gold directly made from absolutely nothing other than your cash from irl, and you have no limit to how much gold you can obtain via irl money.

Contrary to belief, in an open market whales CANNOT be self sufficient, because that means the top end doesn't need to do trade with the bottom end, which makes the monopoly even easier than before since they can just intrude the bottom end and buy out everything for free. Kamizuma specifically likes this kind of events for his own benefit because it means even more gold in his coffers.

Small buyers have an EMP ratio as a guideline for trade. They have all power to refuse the offers from the top end and get better offers from others. Same as the richest people in the server.

I have characters in AV, and the reason why cosmetics and other big ticket items aren't bought in AV is because not many players have the monetary power to do that since most are still gearing. (compared to players in MT or TR) Hence you are catering to the wrong side of the market, and making flipping prices too easy.

And if you are actually triggered by people saying "P2W" or "hacker" in global I am already questioning your logic, because no one is really serious when they call out them in global, not even in AV which I assume is the server that only 4 people are holding power in the economy.
  • Feels like enmasse is trying to cash out before this game dies
  • Piltover wrote: »
    Feels like enmasse is trying to cash out before this game dies

Don't you wish you honestly and truly believed the income was at least in part to better the gameplay in Tera? It would be the best way to retain players as well as gain new players which would lead to *gasp!* more cash transactions being made!
  • Piltover wrote: »

I have felt this way since last may. I hope it isn't true, but....
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Piltover wrote: »

I have felt this way since last may. I hope it isn't true, but....

Talismans isn't helping in KTERA

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Piltover wrote: »

We might as well consider that if we would look at Tera from the past two years but this time something is moving and it might be a big fish.

What i hope is that En Masse will play this card really well because for example i do not mind to see pay to win offers now and then with whales swimming in a sea of gems as long as there will be other options in game such as events and even elite bonuses or in game updated shops.. if not other things for the "plebs" to be able to not only play the game and have activity but also be able to aford anything from enchanting/upgrading to new cosmetics and what else the game might throw at us.. And that considering that the Golden Daric jumped from 60g to 100g while the EMP prices kinda steadily moved from 1:30 to 1:40 and even 1:50.. So the change is kinda visible ( sometimes in the future i am expecting to pay 50k+ for a liberation scroll for example ).

So please try to play it smart to not create a huge wall that is called discrepancy which will ruin the in game market and overall the population.. But instead work on balance because if this will card will go well then all of us will win while you will be the biggest winner En Masse.

p.s. also try to reconsider adding more bonuses to battlegrounds
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    No like, really tho.

You LITERALLY can't get any closer to making this game a pay2win economy in the mos fundamental form possible.

Actually, you really should put Stormcry to your cash shop. Why not? Put it in a lootbox too! Everyone knows a lootbox would totally make it less P2w somehow, and you can earn it IN THE GAME so it's fine!... people actually believe this btw.

What? You already straight up added the ability to BUY 800k -1m in liquid gold to your shop (If you didn't get the point yet, it's basically power). May as well stop
    beating around the bush and go the full mile.

It's as if you didn't get the picture from that previous event where you sold talents in lootboxes, I guess that was a success so you gots to step it up a notch. You gots to!

I mean, It's not like that 800 Emerald won't help me enchant to Stormcry on my 8 alts or anything, right? 1 million silver totally won't go directly into my gear...I am lying, it will.

Why Eme? Is the game dying? No really, this is only something I expect from a game that is truly on life support, or Aeria Games, and now I have real concerns that this game may actually get shut down relatively soon.

Or maybe you just know you won't get any negative mainstream press. You know large Youtubers, IGN, Gamespot etc, won't cover this like they did EA's Star Wars, so you think you can get away with it. It's not like they have to answer to Jim Sterling, or even the NYT or CNN, right? That could be it actually, I think I'm on to something!

Oh wait, it's probably just orders from Nexon, my bad. It all makes sense now, l almost forgot Nexon technically own this game. They've been trying (and failing) to milk the NA/EU population for over a decade. I guess this is how they are going to do it: "It's not really us, if our name isn't on the title cards wink wink".

On a serious note...
    Every time I check up on this game, they add some new nonesense to the cash shop, it's actually getting ludicrous. I'm not even upset or surprised,
    but man they really just have no shame at this point. (How can I be upset? I've been salty about this game for like 4 years).

Man I can't wait for these lootboxes to get government regulation. I have nothing else to say or add to these conversations except pure sarcasm/satire. It is just sad seeing how toxic this industry has gotten with these cash shops and loot boxes. Regulation may not stop these publishers/developers from adding lootboxes...ever, but maybe companies would think twice if they had to disclosed all odds or their game is threatened with an Adults Only rating.
    Hawaii state legislator, be the hero we all need. Really man. It's time to stop, no pun intended.

PS: I tried posting this as a thread. They removed it. Thats ok, I expect them to censor opinion at this point, as if that somehow changes public perception. Reddit will like this too.
  • Viauxi wrote: »
    PS: I tried posting this as a thread. They removed it. Thats ok, I expect them to censor opinion at this point, as if that somehow changes public perception. Reddit will like this too.
    There's no moderation record on the dev tracker; it was almost certainly auto-hidden by the stupid auto-moderation plugin on this forum (possibly if/when you tried to edit the opening post). With the amount of criticism that is on this forum constantly, you can't seriously say they censor opinion. (If they were really trying to censor opinion, they're doing an amazingly bad job.)
This discussion has been closed.