Console Frequently Asked Questions - Updated March 9th 2018

Newest Q&A's Update :
I'm having trouble taking the Flight Path, how can I proceed ?
If you visit the Merchant located Here , you can buy a Teleport Scroll to Crescentia.

( We will still continue to make additional announcements and answer frequently asked questions. )

Previous Questions and Answers :
Is there a need for a Code or Invite to participate in Open Beta ?
- No Code or Invite required, TERA will be available for Download in the Xbox / PS4 Stores on March 9th starting at 6am PST

Will there be a wipe following Open Beta ?
- Yes there will be a Wipe following Open Beta. One advantage to this, will be that it allows us to give out prizes during the Open Beta at different intervals, and the wipe allows us to maybe give out things we wouldn't normally provide.

Will there be a separation between Servers ?
- As far as I am aware, I think there is a separation at the moment of PS4 EU / PS4 NA / Xbox EU / and Xbox NA. Unsure if that will change in the future.

Can I keep my Technical Test install and update it when Open Beta starts ?
- Yes, see the answer below.

How big of an download will it be?
The Open Beta client is 46 GB.
If you are updating from the Technical Test client, the update is approximately 35 GB on Xbox One.
This is due to client size optimization/replaced assets.
(The update size for PlayStation 4 will be known shortly and we’ll update the FAQ News Post once confirmed.)

Can I install TERA on Xbox / PS4 prior the start of Open Beta ?
The open beta test client will become available at varying times depending on your platform and region:
Xbox One: Wednesday, March 7 or Thursday, March 8 (we’ll let you know once we know for sure)
PS4 (North America): Thursday, March 8
PS4 (Europe): Friday, March 9

Additional Questions and Answers have been provided on this Page.

Comments

• HeathenDeaconHeathenDeacon ✭✭
    edited February 23
    Thanks.

As a follow up question to number four on your list -do you know if we will just be able to keep and update the open beta client on console for the full release, or will that be a a seperate DL?
  • Thanks.

As a follow up question to #4 on your list do you know if we will just be able to keep and update the open beta client on console for the full release or will that be a aseperate DL.

Sadly, the answer is somewhat the same as above with the Technical Test update to Open Beta install, that at the time it's something we haven't tested, so it may be possible, but TBD.
  • Thanks.

As a follow up question to #4 on your list do you know if we will just be able to keep and update the open beta client on console for the full release or will that be a aseperate DL.

Sadly, the answer is somewhat the same as above with the Technical Test update to Open Beta install, that at the time it's something we haven't tested, so it may be possible, but TBD.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. :)
  • Hello, I just want to warn you that I do not speak English well. I'm interested in interface parameters. Will the game be translated into the language of your country? I'm from Russia. thanks for the answer
  • Pertaining to the server seperation, will players be able to choose between NA or EU servers to play on?
  • i have a important question that would be nice to be answered by one of moderators , can Brazilian PSN and from other countries play the game with its own account ? cuz at TT i had to create a NA account to play cuz my Brazilian PSN wasnt able to play . hope some adm answer me cuz alot of ppl had this issue at TT , and at open beta most of my friend are gonna play but i doubt that they will create a new account just to play tera ; tks
    Ps: sorry but english as u can see isnt my main language ^^
  • WCWKXCHTTG wrote: »
    i have a important question that would be nice to be answered by one of moderators , can Brazilian PSN and from other countries play the game with its own account ? cuz at TT i had to create a NA account to play cuz my Brazilian PSN wasnt able to play . hope some adm answer me cuz alot of ppl had this issue at TT , and at open beta most of my friend are gonna play but i doubt that they will create a new account just to play tera ; tks
    I'm not sure I fully understand this question. Could you provide a screenshot or more detailed description of what you had to do, in order to play on the NA Servers ?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    WCWKXCHTTG wrote: »
    i have a important question that would be nice to be answered by one of moderators , can Brazilian PSN and from other countries play the game with its own account ? cuz at TT i had to create a NA account to play cuz my Brazilian PSN wasnt able to play . hope some adm answer me cuz alot of ppl had this issue at TT , and at open beta most of my friend are gonna play but i doubt that they will create a new account just to play tera ; tks
    I'm not sure I fully understand this question. Could you provide a screenshot or more detailed description of what you had to do, in order to play on the NA Servers ?

Basically, during the last technical test, the codes to download the game only worked if your PSN account was in a small list of supported countries (since the product was only in the "store" in those limited regions). The question this time would be: during the Open Beta, in which countries will the game be available in the PSN/Xbox One stores? (And, follow-up, are these the same countries/territories where the game will be available at launch?)

The person above was talking about Brazil, which was excluded last time (you had to create a separate PSN account with a home address in a different country to play), but the selection of countries in Europe was also pretty piecemeal, as I recall.
  • I dont have a screenshot but i can tell u exactly what happend , when i registered to TT and got the email to answer those question , had a option to choose where u would play , if im not wrong had tree options , EU/NA/ other , i choose "Other" And then i put South America , Brazil , till now thats ok , when i received the code , i tried to put redeen code in my Main account which is BR , didnt work , so i had to create a NA account and then redeem the code , then it work , after i download the game i wasnt able even to open TERA app with my BR PSN (it was locked) , so i played on NA account , to a Test Server thats not a problem but imagine how stressful it will be if everyone that dont have NA /EU acc had to create a new acc to play just one game . Idk if that happend with xbox too but i saw some ppl complaining about that issue on twitter
  • Oh okay, I'll see if I can look into whether more regions are included than what was available in the Technical Test.
  • edited February 23
    Oh okay, I'll see if I can look into whether more regions are included than what was available in the Technical Test.
    The answer I received was Yes, this Open Beta will allow more locations to participate than what was originally offered during the Technical Test.
    It is my understanding that more specifics details surrounding this will be announced a bit later.
  • I really want there to be no separations between servers of the same console...won't be too enjoyable if im limited to who i can play with just because i don't only have NA friends.
  • I do not mind the seperation of servers, as long as players have choice where they want to play when its time to launch Tera for realsies :)
  • Teppy wrote: »
    I do not mind the seperation of servers, as long as players have choice where they want to play when its time to launch Tera for realsies :)

I wouldnt mind maining EU as an NA, i never lag over there. Its the point that some of my NA friends dont ever switch over so its like a restriction of who i can play with because it doesn't work for everyone. I just want to be able to help all my friends enjoy the game cause mmos tend to feel grindy and boring for most people solo and I don't want them to lose focus and not give it a real try.
  • It would be able to players from Russia? Cuz on TT we were blocked. ps4 , thank you