[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Necroing Thread Feedback

13

Comments

  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    The deal is that the whole discussion has taken extremes and "you're wrong by disagreeing with me you idiot" turn as always.

    The system to auto-lock threads after 1 month of inactivity sounds great, and warn any user that bumps threads without actual content once, next time jail bars, 3rd time ban I agree.

    Ban straight on for posting actual content on an old thread is extreme, unnecessary and doesn't make sense. As stated, some people just google the stuff, end up in the page, see that it's what they wanted to talk about, post and only then they may see that they necroed a thread, or may just not know how long is the tolerance for necroing. threads. Banning an user for a 1st time offense is stupid in my view. Even troll bumps on last page, deserve a warning 1st or at worst the jail bars thing before an actual ban. You're not posting porn on the thread, you just took it from last page, there's a HUGE difference.

    Also as I stated before but I bet it was ignored: YES, the system CAN self-necro threads as well through it's spam filter. Just saw it a while ago that a year old thread suddenly re-appeared with the last response to it copied 4x again.
    No, it WASN'T the user, it was 4 exact copies, with the exact same user name one year later. I know about the random automatic name and it was the exact same automatic name, 1st a normal user post and then year later the copies. Sounds like spam filter acting up. Imagine auto-ban because the system acted up on you?

    Back to it: I'm in favor of auto-locking threads after 1 month of inactivity (and I do believe 1 month is a fair time for a thread being relevant, specially on bug reports, suggestions and such that the discussion doesn't move as fast), and to warn/jailbar users who bump threads for no reason, warning for bump, jailbars for necro-bumps just before 1 month auto locks and such.

    There are no extremes. I was consistent, and I believe balanced, from the start. I never said vkobe was wrong because they disagreed with me. I said they were wrong because they were wrong. They made excuses, crafted counterarguments to statements that were never made, and conjured hypothetical scenarios that neither were not, nor would be, happening. They went on to say "for the rule we should ban a player because he asked questions or infos in a one week inactive post, for me it stay [filtered] to think that :)" which proved to me they weren't even reading what I was posting. I linked the rules twice. Not once did it say anything about banning a user for posting in a thread that's been inactive for a week. Not once did I say that, either. The only thing I said remotely close to this is that an MMO forum I used to browse "had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive." I also said "It was a pretty useful system." I made no suggestions on actual time frames. I even conceded that giving out a warning on the first offense wasn't a bad idea. I'd also like to emphasize my use of the word "suspend". I never said "ban".

    Also, I wouldn't say your statement was ignored. I read it. I then dismissed it as a non-issue. There could be any number of reasons you saw the same comment displayed multiple times, including a client-side loading bug or a merging issue as the forum is rearranged. The point is that it hasn't (to my knowledge) been known to happen before and it's not likely to be a common occurrence.
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Sometimes I find a thread through google or forum search and I almost forget to look at the post date. I can imagine for people that are not computer savy can easily make that mistake especially when english is not their first language.

    Whether it's someone intentionally being difficult and digging up a dead thread, or someone who made a harmless mistake, we all have the same rules. I think it's important for anyone who wants to be a part of any community, or those who already are, to be aware of those rules.

    And yet the one that necro'd a few threads got jail bars
    I stated posting that they had necro'd that post and with out any info or warning my account was wiped for three days until around an hr ago where it was reinstated
    So the system of locking old threads like we had in the old forums may work better as this one isn't 100% right
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    So then if you felt i was part of them problem , then you were as well , contributing the way you did adding to the problem of people being ban for your personal crusade , as i believed i was posting telling the one that necro'd that they had
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    I want you to think long and hard about what you've just posted. I want you to think about how ridiculous it sounds that you're basically telling me "I posted useless comments in a necro'd thread, so you're also part of the problem." When you're done with that, come on back and I'll remind you of what you posted in those threads:
    tisnotme wrote: »
    do your dance , do your necro dance now
    get the dead to dance now
    tisnotme wrote: »
    screen1.jpg
    must be day of the dead
    tisnotme wrote: »
    Carach_Angren_band_01cErik_Wijnands.jpg

    why why were we awoken

    No "Hey, this thread is actually several months old. You're not allowed to post in old threads." No "This is a necro. You can't do that here." Just vague comments and trashposting. You weren't telling telling anyone anything.

    He tried to be funny and not offensive in the thread.

    I think there is not point in arguing if he broke or not rules because he did, however it is sad that a minor offense got his forum account blocked mean while you can see some people trash talking others, making derogative remarks against others and making unnecesary call outs on other forum users to bait them into an argument and their post still are without any mod action.

    You can see a fair example on one person you have argued in the past.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    There are no extremes. I was consistent, and I believe balanced, from the start. I never said vkobe was wrong because they disagreed with me. I said they were wrong because they were wrong. They made excuses, crafted counterarguments to statements that were never made, and conjured hypothetical scenarios that neither were not, nor would be, happening. They went on to say "for the rule we should ban a player because he asked questions or infos in a one week inactive post, for me it stay [filtered] to think that :)" which proved to me they weren't even reading what I was posting. I linked the rules twice. Not once did it say anything about banning a user for posting in a thread that's been inactive for a week. Not once did I say that, either. The only thing I said remotely close to this is that an MMO forum I used to browse "had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive." I also said "It was a pretty useful system." I made no suggestions on actual time frames. I even conceded that giving out a warning on the first offense wasn't a bad idea. I'd also like to emphasize my use of the word "suspend". I never said "ban".

    Also, I wouldn't say your statement was ignored. I read it. I then dismissed it as a non-issue. There could be any number of reasons you saw the same comment displayed multiple times, including a client-side loading bug or a merging issue as the forum is rearranged. The point is that it hasn't (to my knowledge) been known to happen before and it's not likely to be a common occurrence.



    Whether it's someone intentionally being difficult and digging up a dead thread, or someone who made a harmless mistake, we all have the same rules. I think it's important for anyone who wants to be a part of any community, or those who already are, to be aware of those rules.

    wrong in what? wrong because you made a stupid suggestion to ban a new player who post in the wrong thread ?

    and plz spare me your rule [filtered], when the rule of your mmorpg forum is [filtered], it [filtered] nothing change that, i dont target enmasse rule, but the rule of your mmorpg forum

    let me quote you again
    Equitas wrote: »
    An MMO I used to play had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive. I think it automatically suspended the offenders as well. It was a pretty useful system.

    you admit it is pretty useful to suspend someone who posted in a one week inactive post

    so you admit it is usefull to ban a player who made the mistake to post in this thread, i already explain the reason of why it is a [filtered] system, but you continue to say we should punish everyone, even the poor newbie who did the mistake to post in your one week inactive post to ask some infos or advices
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting in this thread to say AHH I HAVE FINALLY BEEN UNBANNED IM FREE NOW!!
    Btw vkobe stop cherrypicking and strawmaning, suspension and warning =/= perma ban.
    I believe an autolock of a sort should be implemented to avoid situations like these massive perma bans lol
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Posting in this thread to say AHH I HAVE FINALLY BEEN UNBANNED IM FREE NOW!!
    Btw vkobe stop cherrypicking and strawmaning, suspension and warning =/= perma ban.
    I believe an autolock of a sort should be implemented to avoid situations like these massive perma bans lol

    dont change than this system to auto suspend someone who post in inactive post is very [filtered] if you want kill your mmorpg go ahead with this system to scare new players to join your mmorpg
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @vkobe said:
    > CornishRex wrote: »
    >
    > Posting in this thread to say AHH I HAVE FINALLY BEEN UNBANNED IM FREE NOW!!
    > Btw vkobe stop cherrypicking and strawmaning, suspension and warning =/= perma ban.
    > I believe an autolock of a sort should be implemented to avoid situations like these massive perma bans lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > dont change than this system to auto suspend someone who post in inactive post is very [filtered] if you want kill your mmorpg go ahead with this system to scare new players to join your mmorpg

    I agree it's [filtered] honestly, but the way you're trying to argue around it doesn't sit well with me hue
    That's why autolock should be a thing, nobody can be banned or suspended for stupid stuff like accidental necroes.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    > @vkobe said:
    > CornishRex wrote: »
    >
    > Posting in this thread to say AHH I HAVE FINALLY BEEN UNBANNED IM FREE NOW!!
    > Btw vkobe stop cherrypicking and strawmaning, suspension and warning =/= perma ban.
    > I believe an autolock of a sort should be implemented to avoid situations like these massive perma bans lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > dont change than this system to auto suspend someone who post in inactive post is very [filtered] if you want kill your mmorpg go ahead with this system to scare new players to join your mmorpg

    I agree it's [filtered] honestly, but the way you're trying to argue around it doesn't sit well with me hue
    That's why autolock should be a thing, nobody can be banned or suspended for stupid stuff like accidental necroes.

    I do agree they need to be locked
    but also under the current situation if some one is to Dredging up dead threads (AKA necroing threads) they should be reviewed as to new made a mistake or been doing on purpose and the appropriate action taken
    but to punish the ones informing that its been nercro'd is wrong not mater how big a SJW you are ~ so your displeased , why go on to cause others stating its been necro'd a wipe ban doing this does make you part the problem
    other wise you might as well deem the action taken causing the others a ban in breach of another of the rules
    2) BEHAVIOR: The following sections outline actions which are not allowed on the official TERA forums.
    A. Disruption
    - actions intended to disturb other individuals.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    I want you to think long and hard about what you've just posted. I want you to think about how ridiculous it sounds that you're basically telling me "I posted useless comments in a necro'd thread, so you're also part of the problem." When you're done with that, come on back and I'll remind you of what you posted in those threads

    no i want you to think long and hard about what you've just posted. I want you to think about how ridiculous it sounds
    I don't need reminding of what I posted I didn't dig up the threads but was mearly telling the one that did in my way that they had
    I never said you posted useless comments ! but you went out off your way to impact bans on all no matter what , as your not liking a necro'd post , which make you part the problem with the attitude "I don't like it ill get them all ban'd"
    if you find the way ive informed a poster that they have necro'd something a useless comments rather coming in like a heroic [filtered] then that's your problem and doesn't give you the right to have a blanket wipe ban inposed ! as far as I'm concerned that it your attempt to brake rule 2.A of the rules your liking to sprout
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »
    I want you to think long and hard about what you've just posted. I want you to think about how ridiculous it sounds that you're basically telling me "I posted useless comments in a necro'd thread, so you're also part of the problem."
    tisnotme wrote: »
    I do agree they need to be locked
    but also under the current situation if some one is to Dredging up dead threads (AKA necroing threads) they should be reviewed as to new made a mistake or been doing on purpose and the appropriate action taken
    but to punish the ones informing that its been nercro'd is wrong not mater how big a SJW you are ~ so your displeased , why go on to cause others stating its been necro'd a wipe ban doing this does make you part the problem
    other wise you might as well deem the action taken causing the others a ban in breach of another of the rules
    2) BEHAVIOR: The following sections outline actions which are not allowed on the official TERA forums.
    A. Disruption
    - actions intended to disturb other individuals.
    tisnotme wrote: »
    no i want you to think long and hard about what you've just posted. I want you to think about how ridiculous it sounds
    I don't need reminding of what I posted I didn't dig up the threads but was mearly telling the one that did in my way that they had
    I never said you posted useless comments ! but you went out off your way to impact bans on all no matter what , as your not liking a necro'd post , which make you part the problem with the attitude "I don't like it ill get them all ban'd"
    if you find the way ive informed a poster that they have necro'd something a useless comments rather coming in like a heroic [filtered] then that's your problem and doesn't give you the right to have a blanket wipe ban inposed ! as far as I'm concerned that it your attempt to brake rule 2.A of the rules your liking to sprout

    Welp, so much for that. Guess I'll file you in the bin with vkobe. Lol.

    good to know than you QQ because me seem you still mad against me :)
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Welp, I guess youll have to but with your list
    Equitas wrote: »
    • It's already against the rules to "necro" threads.
    • Whether or not someone has read the rules does not change the fact that forum rules apply to everyone using the forums.
    • One would have to intentionally seek out an old thread to post in, meaning they would have to deliberately try to "necro".
    • The excuse that offenders had a question isn't valid. See points 1-3.
    • Allowing people to necro posts isn't going to save TERA.
    • This forum should have a system which automatically locks threads after a set period of time of inactivity OR
    • Temporary suspensions should be issued to those who necro posts, with elevating suspension times to repeat offenders.
    I broke none of those nor was I spamming posts
    my only sin was to inform some one in my way they had necro'd a post so you sort to have me ban and you cant see what you've done
    Equitas wrote: »
    I reported those posts
    and then tell me that I have to look long and hard at what I did
    edit :~ and to add your only complaint to those posts of mine so far were that you found them useless comments and that's why you reported them !
This discussion has been closed.