There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (4/24) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Fashion Coupon Store Update - Phase 1

1457910

Comments

  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would i read your previous comments... i do not care that much, my dude. but i am sorry that i assumed that you have an alliance mask i just thought it'd make sense that to have an opinion on this (especially one with as much clout as yours, demanding screenshot evidence of multiple people and such) that you'd, you know, have a mask or at least were around for alliance? you might want to, as the kids say these days, stay in your lane.

    @pltnmvenus there were three different levels of alliance mask: basic echelon, one for commanders and the exarch. the commander ones look like this, same base as echelon but with golden wings (screenshot taken by me, of my own character, wow!!!)
    9s2clxB.jpg

    anyway since it looks like ktera is getting a rehash of the commander masks we'll get it eventually, so this conversation is irrelevant. very little in tera stays exclusive forever, if you've played for more than a few months you'd know this by now. if you want a topic of exclusivity that legitimately depressed me let's talk about when the shandra maniac title got nerfed to the ground, now THAT was a sad day.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭
    I had to go back because apparently I had missed this:
    pltnmvenus wrote: »
    Though honestly, what's most amusing is some of the suggestions here for this little mask. Really? 931 people (1 initiator, 30 direct friends, 30x30 friends-of-friends, unless I'm reading it wrong) jumping through hoops of red tape and submitting photographic evidence to EME? Should they have it notarized as well, perhaps demonstrate it before a grand jury? Perhaps we can pick random screenshots and declare them as "shopped", maybe if this keeps getting delayed people will forget about it, huh? Alternatively, are there even 931 people playing Tera who still play, already have the mask, and care about this topic at all?

    I'm curious as to where you got this number. It had not appeared anywhere else in this thread until now. Also, the way this is worded is incredibly obnoxious and another reason why veteran players are so reluctant to let things go to people like you. If you consider taking a screenshot to be "jumping through hoops of red tape", then I can only imagine how difficult regular gameplay must be for you. This would certainly explain why you want items that required earning to now be handed out. You were likely unable to obtain them yourself. A simple screenshot, with name included and the item either on or in the inventory (obviously showing), would be enough to indicate that the player had actually obtained the item and their support of making the item freely available merited recognition. The collaboration with community managers was to ensure that each of these was a separate player and not one person using alternate characters. 30 separate players, not 931.
    pltnmvenus wrote: »
    (Though personally, if some people were bribing and rigging the rankings to try and prevent people from getting exarch masks... I'd fully support making them freely available now. Just out of spite. Same deal with Smoulder, enough people cheated or bought their way into getting it, that it's not much of a "status symbol" any more in my eyes. But hey, you know what they say opinions are like...)

    Repeating my response to this: "I'd prefer fabricated stories weren't brought to this discussion as a means to support an argument."

    @CornishRex: Thank you.
    Ardire wrote: »
    why would i read your previous comments...

    If you didn't read something, why the [filtered] would you respond to it? This is good, though. It shows that you're not actually interested in participating in the discussion and everything you say from here on out can be disregarded.
  • Equitas wrote: »
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Getting alliance mask was not an easy task. (Inserts laugh meme)
    Explain to me then how in tr, a person monopolized all 3 alliances, feeded his/her way to watch and started to charge gold to everyone who wanted the mask, bribed people that got too close to exarch spot in order for them to drop and let one of his friends have the mask, taking away the chance of anyone not in his/her circle, to obtain said mask.

    I'd prefer fabricated stories weren't brought to this discussion as a means to support an argument.
    Equitas wrote: »
    pltnmvenus wrote: »
    (Though personally, if some people were bribing and rigging the rankings to try and prevent people from getting exarch masks... I'd fully support making them freely available now. Just out of spite. Same deal with Smoulder, enough people cheated or bought their way into getting it, that it's not much of a "status symbol" any more in my eyes. But hey, you know what they say opinions are like...)

    Repeating my response to this: "I'd prefer fabricated stories weren't brought to this discussion as a means to support an argument."
    You keep calling that a fabricated story as if you could be sure of it being false but it actually isn't fabricated at all. That actually did happen on TR for roughly the last 1-2 years the Alliance content was around, till it got then removed a while after the Ninja class got released.

    It undeniably happened on Tempest Reach (TR) and while it wasn't as simple as a single person doing it, it was that persons guild(s). That player was the GM of Radioactive (the main guild) who had 2 alt guilds each in one of the other 2 respective alliances (for quite a while radio was in the EU ally while the other 2 were in IO and FTC but sometimes they switched it up).

    The "3" guilds were used to spam alliance quests and farm kills between their own alts in each alliance (this kill farming with alts btw was initially forbidden and bannable but after previous alliance years EME didn't care any longer to go through the hassle of banning people for this unfair practice) as well as sometimes random people passing by.

    They did this in order to earn contribution points on characters in every single alliance and secure the top and most crucial spots in each of them so they could manipulate the entire alliance content and almost always predetermine alliance conflicts happening once a week on Sundays.
    Most of the time they managed to get exarch (rank 1, exarch mask), assault commander (rank 2-5), defense commander (rank 6-10) and a bunch of adjunct commander (rank 11-20) (all commanders got the same leadership mask (black one with wings)) positions in all of the 3 alliances (or at the very least a sizable number of them).

    Now the reason they did all this is obvious to anyone that has ever actually participated in alliance conflicts, gold. It wasn't even about the masks or their "exclusivity" (which anyone during the last 2 years of alliance content would have laughed at you for mentioning, not to even speak of arguing it lol). It was a massive amount of gold each week for the guild from alliance conflicts alone.

    A 1st place Exarch alone got around 75k gold, an assault commander around 30k gold, defense commanders 25k gold, adjunct commanders 20k gold. At the same time all you had to do to get that gold parceled to you at the end of the conflict, was to only log into an alt and have it enter the conflict area for a while (iirc a couple minutes) then you could log off again and go back to your main to finish the conflict. That means a single person could get a pretty good sum out of it by logging several high position alts in all 3 alliances (even 2nd and 3rd place alliances got decent amounts for commander and exarch positions from conflicts).

    That also meant that the alliances with those alts in commander positions that logged out again during conflict to go back to their mains in another alliance, were left without a number of commanders, killing the chances of the few people part of them that actually wanted to legitimately participate and win (seems unfair eh? EME didn't care and people got used to it).

    Now ON TOP of all that these people were of course also selling exarch spots to people simply wanting the mask because of its looks and extremely limited options for items to even just fill the face slot on the gear page, like Zoknahal pointed out to you already. These weren't cheap either but you can hardly call buying the masks in this way an achievement worth giving it the "exclusive item" treatment you are trying to promote here. Neither was manipulating the alliance content and abusing kill farming on their own alts (which was bannable but not enforced by EME) a proud achievement that would be an argument for the exclusivity of the masks.

    In the end this practice even killed most of the fun and joy people had in the earlier years of alliance content and made the whole thing, as well as the masks, a joke by itself. The reason people still want the masks is simply because there's still a sever lack of face slot items for the gear/profile page and them looking pretty decent in combination with some costumes or color themes.

    Also don't kid yourself there's already been quite some time since CUV replaced Alliance content and by now people have created new alts which are now obviously locked out from acquiring said masks (for now) even if it would be very fitting with their costumes, not to mention BHS even released Valkyries which are the only class locked out from them in general. It has nothing to do with "not being able to get them" at the time alliance was still here or it being hard or "exclusive" to good players LOL.

    Another thing literally EVERYONE in this entire thread forgot to mention is that alliance masks always were awarded together with an alliance title in the weekly rankings parcel, there was no way whatsoever to get a mask without the corresponding title (exarch, assault comm, defense comm, adjunct comm, echelon1/2/3/(4)). That means even if they released the exact same Mask item into the Fashion Coupon shop people could still claim their feeble and in most cases ridiculous "prestige" by using and showing their alliance title along with their mask (something fashion coupon mask users couldn't do).

    Of course the situation of the last years of the alliance content could've been different on other servers besides Tempest Reach but from what I gathered over the years alliance was in a very sorry state no matter the server, the degree of which just varied by a bit. It wasn't hard at all to get at the very least a commander mask (rank 2-20), extremely easy for anyone to get an echelon mask (rank 21-120) and even when it comes to the exarch masks, if there weren't people like radioactive on your server, then a dead alliance equaled a relatively easy to get exarch mask. You just had to put in a mere weeks effort of doing all the quests + bam/monster kill points farming (quests+bams = around 30min-1hr per day) + occasional player kill points from random people passing by (or being dirty and farming kill points on your own alts through multiclienting) OR just buying the damn mask by having the top people let you get exarch for gold.

    This is quite a wall of text, lets see if you'll bother reading it properly.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of argument started to become moot when someone comes up with the classic "you're jealous cause you don't have" strategy and calling anything others say as fiction meanwhile providing no proof as well. "what you say is crap. Cause I said it's crap".

    Why not just... call it directly a replica then? Put some well thought text on description saying about "the heroes of alliance fought over [...] now the mask of those heroes has been made into a memento of bygone ages" or whatever?

    Sounds very whiny to me that people cannot wear something that just looks similar to the mask because muh special mask.
    Also sounds kinda like that topic of the guy who didn't like seeing players getting discounts on store and costumes on events because his own weren't "special" anymore. Alliance is long gone, even I participated in that even tho I knew very well I was crap, still could get some kills, crap people got the mask as well. Sorry get over the "special" thing about the item itself, and just hold onto your own memory of the special achievement/days. If you wanna blame anyone for making the sooo special mask no more than decoration, blame the playerbase.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭
    I don't think the point is moot. Not because of that, at least. I believe the reason behind something matters as much as the something itself. I only mentioned these masks as a side note, an example. These people made the discussion almost exclusively about the masks. The tone, to me, suggested yet another case of the "have nots" attempting to spite the "haves". I guess the point ultimately is moot, though, considering they're adding these masks back in functional form. This seems like a fair enough compromise in itself. They're available again, but they have to be earned.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Getting alliance mask was not an easy task. (Inserts laugh meme)
    Explain to me then how in tr, a person monopolized all 3 alliances, feeded his/her way to watch and started to charge gold to everyone who wanted the mask, bribed people that got too close to exarch spot in order for them to drop and let one of his friends have the mask, taking away the chance of anyone not in his/her circle, to obtain said mask.

    We all know that FML priest and to be honest i am glad that the alliance ended because for years all that he did was to harass guilds and/or players that wanted to get involved with the alliance going as far to even convince guild leaders that it was for the better of the guild to kick certain players or else war would unleash and even going as far to send tickets to support to try to ban players with forged evidence because all that he wanted was to have an entire monopoly on the alliance system ( i actually left TR for MT exactly because of this same person ).

    And you are silly if you did not know or ask around at the time because he did not feed or anything. All that he did was to level up a new character from scratch to level 65 after joining any of the desired alliance because leveling up was stupidly giving almost 1.5k extra alliance points for that.. Then he was using high level characters to do quests for that low level while hurrying to get that new character to level 65 to unlock all the alliance quests.. And in this way he could easily seize any of the exarch positions because the PvP was dead and nobody could get almost 1.5k extra points even through feeding. Anyway, if you did not know or ask about this then this is how it is ... but it was actually super easy.

    Still .. that player had a monopoly on the alliance system but then how anything will improve if there will be another monopoly on the alliance masks?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    ElinLove wrote: »
    The whole point of argument started to become moot when someone comes up with the classic "you're jealous cause you don't have" strategy and calling anything others say as fiction meanwhile providing no proof as well. "what you say is crap. Cause I said it's crap".

    You can clearly see who provequed who first and if you look at his forum history you can see that is something he do frequently for a long time.

    On topic, I am one who likes exclusive things stay exclusive but when a company start to make some exclusive things avaliable for everyone then people should not be impresed if they make everything (except Hello Kitty because copyrights) avaliable for everyone in the future.

    There are games like LoL where you were tricked to "buy now or lose this oportunity forever" on some skins, only to be re-released again by Riot for everyone again. That is what you call scam.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    @pltnmvenus there were three different levels of alliance mask: basic echelon, one for commanders and the exarch. the commander ones look like this, same base as echelon but with golden wings (screenshot taken by me, of my own character, wow!!!)
    9s2clxB.jpg

    Thank you for the clarification; I figured there was a middle mask, but it's been quite a while since anything alliance has happened.
    Equitas wrote: »
    I'm curious as to where you got this number. It had not appeared anywhere else in this thread until now.

    Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, then:
    Equitas wrote: »
    I'll support making them freely available if you can find 30 separate players who have obtained a mask and have them do the same.

    What this means to me is the following:

    * "You"
    - The reader, 1 person
    * "can find 30 separate players [...]"
    - 30 people who are not the original reader
    * "and have them do the same"
    - Each of those secondary people (30) finds 30 additional people, without overlap

    1 + 30 + 30x30 = 31 + 900 = 931.

    Could you clarify what you meant, if this was not it? If all you meant was "find 30 unique people who have the mask", then it was... kind of an awkward way to state it. Granted, I was reading it late at night.

    I'll skip most of the rest of that paragraph; I was being kinda passive-aggressive anyway, because (as you seem to agree) 931 is a silly number, and pointing out that silliness is fun. But either way, you seem to be making an awful lot of assumptions. Like that everyone who disagrees with you is clearly lying or "fabricating stories" (yet we should clearly take your words at face value, of course). Or, for that matter:
    Equitas wrote: »
    (...) another reason why veteran players are so reluctant to let things go to people like you (...)

    I related my own experiences with alliance content (as well as with MCHM), which should peg me as an "old enough" player to speak in this discussion. That really should be the end of it, as far as credentials go; as none of us are EME employees, we're really just here to talk anyway. Why, then, am I (and others) not seemingly included in the "veteran players" group? Am I "fabricating stories" and lying about things, too?

    Maybe I should post a screenshot of me on my Glimmerheart. I wonder how many people nowadays even remember that gaudy monstrosity, or the conflict surrounding it... And yes, for what it's worth - I'd be perfectly okay with that being placed in the EME store. If someone wants to look that hideous, and pay money to do so, let them. It will mean something very different to them than it will to me... and as I said in my first post, my memories are not diminished by someone else acquiring it.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    pltnmvenus wrote: »
    Maybe I should post a screenshot of me on my Glimmerheart. I wonder how many people nowadays even remember that gaudy monstrosity, or the conflict surrounding it... And yes, for what it's worth - I'd be perfectly okay with that being placed in the EME store. If someone wants to look that hideous, and pay money to do so, let them. It will mean something very different to them than it will to me... and as I said in my first post, my memories are not diminished by someone else acquiring it.

    I have that yellow wolf that i never used on my account as well and i do remember about the 1% forum threads if you know what i mean ^_^


    Anyway, i took some screenshots with three of my characters that got involved with alliance when PvP was actually crazy as in 20v20 or 30v30 almost every night ( i even remember those 2hrs conflicts from many years ago ). And i have three alliance masks on three different characters plus a ghost knight helm mask from when sirjuka gallery was around.

    aQ4WFlW.jpg

    Now, i do not need any of these masks because i am playing a different new character with different new cosmetics that i like much more nowadays.. but still i think that whoever wanted and misssed these masks at the time should be given some options to get them ( the new KR addition is still far away if i am not wrong since it will come around on NA in around three more or more.. ).
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang look at all these 'haves' who actually, surprise surprise, want the 'have nots' to get a chance at being 'haves' too. wild. it's almost like the players who actually participated in the content, the actual veterans, know the true meaning of value...

    that's a pretty crazy concept huh, experience = wisdom. wow.

    honestly i'm still recovering from the whiplash of some random accusing Zoknahal, one of the most ancient dudes on these forums, of fabricating stories. wild!!!!!
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Equitas You think im fabricating stories here??? How long have you been playing? were you in Tempest Reach when all of this happened? Ill let you read this then:
    K1SBbeh.jpg

    For the sake of not doing a callout, ill let you browse the TERA forum archive on your own and inform yourself before accusing me of fabricating a story here.

    As for the rest, lets drop the topic on the Alliance mask, and return this thread to the primary topic: helping cobaltdragon with Ids of the skins we want to see in the Fashion Coupon Shop. I think we already expressed that a vast majority of the players want the alliance masks back in the game, but with different descriptions, name, color, etc so that the ones who obtained it during alliance, do not feel affected.
  • I wanted to drop a list of some Twin Swords that I'd like to see, format with Item ID followed by the item's name. I tried to get a good spread from level 5 to level 58ish.

    10537: Sorrow and Pain
    10601: Sliver and Slice
    10569: Watch and Weep
    91017: Rain and Shiner
    10697: Resolute and Reliance
    10297: Reign and Snow
    12281: Do and Die
    11473: Law and Order
    10161: Still and Silent
    10233: Thunder and Lightning
    12361: Kicking and Screaming
    11513: Valiant and Defiant
    11537: Claw and Fang
    91081: Counter and Attack
    12425: Melody and Harmony
    11345: Attuned Heart and Soul
    12785: Cumulus and Nimbus (My personal favorite)
    12793: Verdict and Appeal
    12233: Brigadier's Twin Swords of Victory

    Hopefully some of these can make the cut (no pun intended)!
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭
    edited March 3
    Came to check if there was any progress on the update thingy, found pages of ppl arguin about the mask x'D...

    Anyways, please let the phase 2 of this not weeks or even months away... I was really looking forward to the day this update would come coz i thought the whole thing would get revamped on that day... xD Silly me. I even check the coupon shop daily because oh well. Atleast i saw the items in there... got moved one place to another lol.

    On the Item ID thingy, i dont think EME can pick up a model, a weapon, a gear and make an outfit-item out of it... Its kinda a BHS job no? Hope i am wrong because thats gona suck...
  • GardienGardien ✭✭
    Thomastic wrote: »
    Crystalline Mask
    ID: 48058 unionmask_king.png

    + 10.000.000.000.000.000 x 10.000.000.000.000.000 !!!
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    Welp this thread became nothing else than a MUH ALLIANCE MASK rant. They wont put them in fashion coupons, never. So all the kids with their masks can hold on to their internet points and all the have-nots just look forward to grind dungeons to get them.
This discussion has been closed.